Spooky Scary Scramblers

The Ravens jump to 2-0 as the 0-2 Jets are still unable to overcome their fear of scrambling QBs.

No Luck Needed

Felix Luck leads TCU to 4th quarter victory over in-state foe Rice.

Y'all Got Any More of Them OLBs?

With W.M. Mitchell tearing his ACL, the Packers have 3 OLBs on IR just two weeks into the season.

Missouri Builds the Wall

And makes Kansas pay for it as they take home the victory in the Border War 28-14.

Battle for AW3 2... Me

After AW3's scorching debut, Clemson fans will be cheering him on while SMU hopes to show him he made the wrong decision.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2715) . Darman (2467) . neovenator250 (2269) . acewulf (2196) . npklemm (1916) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

Admin Newsletter: November, 2018

Soluna's Admin Newsletter

No. 4 | November 2018

Everything last month went pretty well except the one delay on games. In addition I released 1.5g which fixed a bunch of problems that I didn't really like with the engine up to that point.

Upcoming Events

• NFLHC/CFBHC Regular Season continues.

What am I doing

• Owner Update work continues but has obviously been pushed off to be implemented next offseason.
    • I'll be pushing a second engine update in the near future that should allow offensive gameplans to adapt themselves more during the game in addition to improving how wide receivers are implemented in different offensive styles.

What can you expect in the near future?

• NFLHC/CFBHC Regular Season continues
    • Possibly CFBHC 1.5h

Any questions for me?

Soluna

Any questions for me?

How does the change to fullback apply to the Option offense?  I ask b/c there are variants of Option where the FB is crucial, and variants that don't even use a fullback, and you mentioned the position being trivialized in certain offenses but emphasized more in others. 

8 hours ago, Soluna said:

Any questions for me?

Are there plans to expand or better define how teams can utilize 2 running backs in more pro style or spread systems?  Or is the 3rd down back designation designed to cover this offensive scheme?

On 11/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, rabidsnowman said:

How does the change to fullback apply to the Option offense?  I ask b/c there are variants of Option where the FB is crucial, and variants that don't even use a fullback, and you mentioned the position being trivialized in certain offenses but emphasized more in others. 

I'll split it into two options most likely but the current one will be no FB at all.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:39 PM, pumph said:

Only wide receivers, or will this impact tight ends as well?  Hoping to see more ability to get TE2 involved more.  Thanks.

I should have receivers. WR and TEs.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:01 PM, acewulf said:

Are there plans to expand or better define how teams can utilize 2 running backs in more pro style or spread systems?  Or is the 3rd down back designation designed to cover this offensive scheme?

Yeah it goes with what I said with rabid above. There'll probably be like 20+ new gameplans to choose from, some a lot more specific, and most will predefine run/pass percentages but there'll be multiple of each. So imagine like

60/40 Pro Style

70/30 Pro Style

70/30 Pro Style 2RB

Sounds great! Thanks for the updates (love the transparency) and the work, from all parties. 

As much as I love seeing games and croots happen each week, this past weekend off was actually perfectly timed with a busy work weekend and lots of family stuff. Got nothing this coming weekend and family is leaving me alone while they go to North Dakota (puke) for a weekend. Can't WAIT for games and croots!