Delay of Games

Only NFLHC games this week; only CFBHC games the following week; back to normal after that.

It Takes Two

It took two overtimes for Minnesota to top Illinois on a clinching run by RB Tredaveon Jennings.

Sometimes, It Be Ya Own Self

The Saints ruin their undefeated season by running trick plays, as punter Adonis Rosa throws an interception. You'd think people would have learned by now.

What Happens in Reno

Nevada upsets #6 Duke 17-13 by shutting down QB Bryce Thompson; true freshman Damon Goode had a pick for the Wolf Pack.

Cardiac Cards

The Cardinals were down 17-0 in the 4th quarter... and put up 21 points to win. WR Marcus Banks caught a 40-yard TD pass with a minute left to cap it.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (3231) . Darman (3205) . acewulf (2965) . npklemm (2606) . mahrowkeen (2533) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    CoachBerry18

[2022] Huskies hire Berry, Prep for Cincy

Storrs, Connecticut- 

The University of Connecticut announced the hiring of CoachBerry18 today. He will be tasked with leading a Huskies program that has fallen on some hard times recently, starting with Thursday night’s game at Cincinnati. Coach spoke about the opportunity and the challenges that lay ahead. 

I’m excited to get going here. I think this is a great opportunity to coach division one football at a high quality institution. I’d like to thank everyone involved in the hiring process. That being said, I’m glad the process has come to an end and we can finally get down to business.

Obviously with the game on Thursday, there isn’t much time at all to prepare but this will give me a chance to learn about what kind of team we have and gain valuable information about our players. 

With regard to Cincinnati, I know their record isn’t the best, but that’s a good football team and it will take a great game on our part to beat them. We will give our best though, that is what this program will be built on, determination, grit, and effort and that starts Thursday night. It’s a great opportunity for our program and for our kids and I hope we take full advantage of it.

Coach will now take questions from the assembled media. 

image.jpg

Paul Skinback from CollegeDMZ:

“Welcome to UConn, Coach, and welcome to a head coaching role in CFBHC! UConn has been struggling to keep a coach longer than I last in... well, ask my wife.

Anyway, what makes you different from your predecessors?

Also, we dont know much about your background. We’ve heard one rumour (and I assume that’s all it is) that you previously spent 5 years in the Amazon Rainforest training as a Tarzan stunt double!

Tell us... Are you an offense minded or defense minded coach? And how aggressive are you with your play calling?

Once again, welcome to the big

leagues Coach! We here at CollegeDMZ can’t wait to see how things progress for you at the Huskies”.

Welcome, Coach! 

What are some spots on your roster you plan to address in what's left of this recruiting season? What is your preferred offensive style, and how does it mesh with the strengths of the UCONN roster?

Cheers!

I fully intend to stay as long as UConn will have me. The fans deserve someone who will stay the course and build this program right. 

As far as background, I’m just a football guy who wants to coach and lead a program. I tend to lean more towards offense but you cannot neglect defense, after all it does win championships. 

We definitely have some areas to address. Not everyone fits with what we want to do but there are some players here. It’s our job to put them in position to succeed. We have to do what we can to improve the roster as a whole, and we’ll certainly try to to that.