Tennessee Tumbles in Tuscaloosa

The Vols nearly take down #1 Alabama, but the defense can't keep up for long enough as Abdoul Pearson rushes it in to clinch it 26-23 in 2OT.

Ceci N'est Pas Un Pipe

The pipe stepped up this week, taking out Malcolm Davis, Norris Brooksheer, Kenji Sagatomo, and LaMichael Jones among others.

Rumblin' Raekwon

Northern Iowa RB Raekwon Thomas is looking to prove himself to NFLHC scouts, putting up 125 yards and 3 TD in a convincing win over Montana.

Fib Uring It Out

The Lions clinched at least a .500 record as they knocked off the Packers, 17-12, to jump to a surprising NFC North lead.

McLean on Me

Rice QB Eric McLean becomes the presumptive #1 QB prospect after receiving an 83 overall grade from scouts.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (1531) . acewulf (1075) . TazerMan (945) . rocksaucesundae (874) . Darman (871) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

[2022] Week #10 CFBHC Takeaways

1) Which team made a big statement this week?

2) Which player made a big statement this week?

3) Who are the current Heisman favorites and why?

4) Game of the week?

5) Upset of the week? 

1.  Indiana or Mississippi State had huge wins this week and really turned their seasons around.  

2.  Christian Graham putting on a clinic against me was impressive.

3.  BT for me.  He is unstoppable at times.  

4.  TCU-OU is hard to beat.  Hard fought game.  2 top 5 teams proving they are legit.

5.  Upsets were abundant this week.  Auburn went down, Texas Tech lost to Kansas :(, Virtually the entire Afternoon thread...

But Auburn, Nebraska, FIU all going down all were pretty big upsets.  

The top ~10 teams after Alabama and Clemson are really hard to separate in my opinion, and they're starting to pick each other off. (See: Michigan over Penn State). I can't remember the race for the playoffs being this tight this late in the season in my prior seasons here, and there's still really up to ~20 or so teams who could all realistically make it.

1) Which team made a big statement this week?

I feel like Michigan really made a statement this week.  Beating undefeated Penn State pushes them to 7-1 with their only loss  week 1 @ #1 ranked Alabama.  By three points.  They have a better resume now than even TCU, and that's seriously saying something.   

Jamal Trufant made a statement in single-handedly dispatching Purdue with 161 yards and 2 TDs on a modest 23 carries.  I believe it was "Don't forget about me"

3) Who are the current Heisman favorites and why?

TMac had a "bad" game, and still rushed for 109 yards.  No reason to slow down that hype train.

4) Game of the week?

TCU beating Oklahoma, after stormstopper conjured up the final score an hour before kickoff.  Sorcery.

5) Upset of the week? 

I'll go with Auburn losing to Mississippi State.  But MSU's 4 losses were all pretty close, including a 3 point loss to Clemson, a 10 point loss to Bama, a 1 point nailbiter against Kentucky, and a 3 point loss @ Tennessee.  A couple breaks go their way and this is a highly ranked team.  

1) Gonna go TCU here. A lot of talk about whether or not Oklahoma was better or not, and a loss could put them in jeopardy of missing the playoff. A big win for them.

2) Gonna go out of the box here and say Byron Suggs, the QB for CMU. Over 300 yards in the air, over 100 on the ground on ten carries, 5 touchdowns, no turnovers in a win over Bowling Green. 

3) AW3 definitely made up some ground despite the bye. White, TMac, and Solomon all lost, and White and TMac both had a down game. Based off of Jieret's tracker poll it will be one of those four, but Trufant had a big game against Purdue so if he keeps it up he'll get back in the race.

4) A lot of good games, I'll go Ohio State beating Rutgers 38-30 in triple overtime.

5) A bunch of upsets but I'm gonna say myself. Before this week if you would have asked me who the best team in the Big Ten was I'd have said Nebraska, and if you'd had asked the worst I'd have said Indiana. So yeah it's safe to say the result shocked me. Hard to say the number one team going down to a 3-4 team isn't the biggest upset but I think Mississippi State is a whole lot better than my team so I'd call it less of an upset.

1) Which team made a big statement this week?

TCU's vaunted defense corralled a backfield in Eric Pope and Mo White that was playing as well as anybody in the nation .  They firmly put themselves in the driver's seat for the Big XII and a playoff spot.   Bonus props to USC, who made Troy McMurray do his work on the ground and not in the air while pulling away for a two-score win.

Indiana RB Kamar Blackmon rushes 23 times for 177 yards and 2 TDs in the Hoosiers' upset of #6 Nebraska.

3) Who are the current Heisman favorites and why?

TMac had an off game but still had 109 rushing yards. I think he gets a pass for this week considering he's the sole reason people are talking about Stanford right now.  Marcus Black had a good game overshadowed by the final score, and Bryce Thompson reminding people why he had so much hype around him.

4) Game of the week?

Ohio State-Rutgers triple overtime.

5) Upset of the week? 

Lot to choose from this week, but I'm sticking with Indiana over a high-flying Cornhusker squad.

While not necessarily one of the questions, I think we learned that FIU does NOT have the C-USA East locked up at all. The home stretch will be very interesting there.