Wake Me Up Inside

Duke faces their second inexplicable upset of 2022, as Wake Forest wins 27-24 behind WR Owen Condon's 3 receptions for 120 yards and punt return TD.

Akilling in the Name Of

Akili Wallace puts up 119 yards and 2 TD on just 14 carries as the Falcons shock the Panthers on Sunday Night, 24-14.

Take Me Bowling, Country Roads

The 5-6 Mountaineers upset #13 Oklahoma State behind QB Martin Lake's 3 total TD to make a bowl for the first time since their 2020 playoff run.

Don't Be Dowden the Seahawks

Already having clinched the NFC West, Seattle is starting to prove their playoff chops, beating the Steelers in Heisman rookie QB Tucker Dowden's first start.
    Chatbox -
    Rome (2714) . Soluna (1861) . acewulf (1649) . deandean1998 (1526) . Darman (1428) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Sign in to follow this  
    Soluna

Analyzing the NDSU Offense

This is really fun to read. Obviously shows how valuable a good coach is (way to go, @SolutionA) and still gives a bunch of useful nuggets of information to consider in game-planning for my own team. Thanks for doing this Soluna, I'm sure as time allows having your thoughts on other programs would be welcome. 

NDSU is likely going to be in the title hunt for FCS...not ENTIRELY sure they can get by UND and Robbie Koehler, but they'll have plenty of opportunities to knock out the former Gopher. 

Wow, this was a really interesting and fun read. I've recently began to wonder what everyone that has been around for awhile thinks of the FCS and if they follow it or not so seeing something like this is great!

Wholeheartedly agree with everything you have said, offensively they aren't particularly flashy, North Dakota has Robbie Koehler, Eastern Washington has Sameul Connor and Northern Iowa has Raekwon Thomas. All big guns (for the FCS) in which teams can run their offense through but NDSU has that nice balance of good all-round play and the correct gameplanning that puts them at the top of the conference and more than likely playing in the FCS championship game.

I feel @SolutionA has had so much praise in this thread already that his head has probably doubled in size but I've also got to add in that hes managed to land 2 5* recruits and his class currently sits 59th in the nation... so not only has he got NDSU performing well right now, hes doing a fine job building for the future... Not ideal for me but big props to him.

Also you mentioned:

OT John Torres has surrendered only 1 sack up to this point in the season and should be in the conversation for one of the best FCS linemen and with the offensive line playing a bit above their actual average player rating I suspect offensive gameplanning has a strong effect on the stability of the line.

Am I being blind in being able to see individuals offensive line stats or is this just something only you have access to?

Thanks for doing this @Soluna, I hope you find the time to do more in the future!

1 hour ago, Soluna said:

OT John Torres has surrendered only 1 sack up to this point in the season

How exactly do you go about figuring this out? I try to track the same stat, and I just look at the opposing team's DC. Is that the only method that exists? Or is there a simpler way?

2 minutes ago, Suffocation said:

I've also got to add in that hes managed to land 2 5* recruits and his class currently sits 59th in the nation

Javon... :salt:

Great read, and almost has me wanting to jump to the FCS. Fascinating league, and Solutiona sounds like one of the hottest up and coming coaches we've had around here in awhile. Only a matter of time before he lands in the NFL I suspect.

If a firing system were ever implemented the only job I’d want to go to next would be Illinois State so I could make it my goal to crush NDSU every chance I had 

tryna get that Big Dick Energy from @SolutionA to have such a high octane offense like his. ABSOLUTE UNIT!

Hell yeah! Thanks for that article @Soluna!

I'm pretty happy with how things have gone for me this season. Yeah, I got a pretty great team to start, but hopefully I can keep going with what I have next year when some of my key players leave for (hopefully) the NFL.

I do contend if I had made the cutoff with some of my game plan changes, I could have beaten @acewulf's Red Raiders :)

Overall, I think there are a few kinks left to figure out - namely getting stopping the run and not allowing teams back into it in the 4th quarter, but we're trending up. It's been a bit of a process trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, but really looking to continue the Bison tradition of stampeding on through. 

Any FBS teams want to visit Fargo?