10th Round Title Bout

#1 Auburn and #6 TCU rematch the first game of the season - an Auburn victory - to determine the site's 10th national champion.

AFC CCG: Titans @ Dolphins

The Titans knocked out the defending Super Bowl Champion Raiders, while Miami destroyed Pittsburgh 38-10 in last week's slate. Two aerial attack based teams will try to make it to Super Bowl IX in this exciting matchup.

NFC CCG: Eagles @ Packers

The Eagles won a crazy 41-38 game over the Falcons while the Packers won a slugfest in the snow against the Lions in the last round; another snow game might favor an Eagles victory if they can keep up the run game from the prior week, but it will be tough against the well-rounded Packers.
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (4081) . Rome (3786) . acewulf (3033) . deandean1998 (2558) . cultur3 (1919) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    constapatedape

AAF Discussion Thread

2cj0a0cdhdo11.jpg 

The AAF is kicking off soon and since I know we’re all football junkies we will have at least some interest in this new league. 

What are your expectations? Who are you rooting for? Do you think this will last more than a season? 

Should be fun. Whether it lasts past a season who knows but any football to fill the long void after SB sounds good to me.

Stallions fan by virtue, honestly purely cos of CFBHC. I know they will probably suck but hey, I’m ready to embrace it! That’s how we roll in Salt Lake City atm!! :P

#GoStallions #SaltLakeNation

Been following the AAF since it was announced and I’m actually really excited for something to fill the offseason void. 

I’ve got fairly low expectations going into it as it’s obviously not going to be played at the same level as the NFL but there are still some ballers on the rosters so I’m sure there will be some good games, besides any ball is good ball in my eyes. 

Rooting for the Atlanta Legends since the uniform is :fire:

I’m rooting for the Birmingham Iron because they have former Illinois State Running Back Marshaun Coprich. 

Interested in seeing what Bishop Sankey does with San Diego and is Hack can do anything with Memphis

Never heard of em till now, still, more football sounds nice. I'll give it a shot.

As a cal guy, I'll be rooting for San Diego personally.

I'm not sure yet, but the Fleet, Apollos, and Express all have the best uniforms and that really will decide who I root for now. Leaning toward Express though. 

38 minutes ago, TheLiberator said:

I'm not sure yet, but the Fleet, Apollos, and Express all have the best uniforms and that really will decide who I root for now. Leaning toward Express though. 

I really like the Fleet Unis. 

Here's a rundown of some of the most notable names on each team entering 2019:

Team: Arizona Hotshots
    Coach: Rick Neuheisel
    Players: QB Trevor Knight

Team: Atlanta Legends
    Coach: Brad Childress
    Players: QB Aaron Murray, QB Matt Simms, WR Stephen Hill

Team: Birmingham Iron
    Coach: Tim Lewis
    Players: QB Blake Sims, QB Scott Tolzien, RB Trent Richardson, CB JaCorey Shepherd, K Nick Novak

Team: Memphis Express
    Coach: Mike Singletary
    Players: QB Christian Hackenberg, QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy, WR Chris Givens

Team: Orlando Apollos
    Coach: Steve Spurrier
    Players: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris, WR Frankie Hammond, DB Will Hill

Team: Salt Lake Stallions
    Coach: Dennis Erickson
    Players: QB B.J. Daniels, QB Garrett Grayson, RB Matt Asiata

Team: San Antonio Commanders
    Coach: Mike Riley
    Players: RB David Cobb, RB Daryl Richardson

Team: San Diego Fleet
    Coach: Mike Martz
    Players: QB Josh Johnson, RB Bishop Sankey

Get Up, Apollos! Atlanta is the closest team to me, but I just can't root for dirty ATL sports teams.

There's a few Baylor guys on the San Antonio Commanders, so I will be rooting for them

Team: Birmingham Iron
    Coach: Tim Lewis
    Players: QB Blake Sims, QB Scott Tolzien, RB Trent Richardson, CB JaCorey Shepherd, K Nick Novak

Of course the Iron have Trent Richardson in front of the only Redbird in the league 

Gotta be the Hotshots for me since Trevor Knight is there

It seems like they have a better idea of what they are doing than the new XFL at least so I’m hopeful they can make it past a year 

31 minutes ago, joedchi said:

Team: Orlando Apollos
    Coach: Steve Spurrier
    Players: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris, WR Frankie Hammond, DB Will Hill

They've been practicing at the school I work for which is pretty cool.  I saw Spurrier from a distance making his way to the team buses once.  I also had to come up there and fix the audio for our scoreboard so they could play music and when we got it working, was promptly yelled at by proxy from the coaching staff that they didn't want music so that's neat.

I'll probably go check out a Fleet game at should-be-dead-already stadium.

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

I'll probably go check out a Fleet game at should-be-dead-already stadium.

Suppsoedly they are trying to make it affordable so sideline tickets are only going to be like $35 

I'm hoping for good games, but not like NFL level comp. I hope REFBALL doesn't make games unwatchable (cough Saints v Rams cough) Rooting for the Apollos because of close proximity to Miami. Ik it won't replace the NFL for a long time, but hopefully, it grows and becomes somewhat entertaining.

4 minutes ago, SyndaKyt said:

I'm hoping for good games, but not like NFL level comp. I hope REFBALL doesn't make games unwatchable (cough Saints v Rams cough) Rooting for the Apollos because of close proximity to Miami. Ik it won't replace the NFL for a long time, but hopefully, it grows and becomes somewhat entertaining.

I’m just hoping it’s watchable. I’ve sat through/streamed lots of bad FCS games and it can be painful 

Yeah, guess your right.

I like the idea of the AAF being a minor leagues to the NFL and I feel like it wont be popular, but like most developmental leagues they will be popular to those in the respective cities and FCS schools who want to see their players in the NFL but dont have a gateway to get there. I personally am going to try to watch the games and I like to see the league already have NFL affiliate teams for each team something that the XFL didnt do. 

If going to be rooting for the Salt Lake City Stallions since they signed WR Jake Weineke from my future alma mater South Dakota State making him the only Jackrabbit playing in the AAF.

4 minutes ago, Minnowsotan said:

I like the idea of the AAF being a minor leagues to the NFL and I feel like it wont be popular, but like most developmental leagues they will be popular to those in the respective cities and FCS schools who want to see their players in the NFL but dont have a gateway to get there. I personally am going to try to watch the games and I like to see the league already have NFL affiliate teams for each team something that the XFL didnt do. 

If going to be rooting for the Salt Lake City Stallions since they signed WR Jake Weineke from my future alma mater South Dakota State making him the only Jackrabbit playing in the AAF.

Yeha each contract is rumored to be with the league and for $250,000 over 3 years non Guranteed with auto opt outs if signed by the NFL 

1 minute ago, constapatedape said:

Yeha each contract is rumored to be with the league and for $250,000 over 3 years non Guranteed with auto opt outs if signed by the NFL 

I mean its still more than I make in a year, money is money

Birmingham Iron because, hey, I'm here. Wish the helmets weren't plain. At least make the logo silhouette into the helmet. Can't say I was thrilled with passing up on Trevor Knight to take a QB that was the Division II equivalent of the Heisman Trophy winner at the QB draft event, but we'll see how he does. I think this will last more than a season because I believe this could have a working relationship with the NFL given the people involved. Bill Polian even described it as a "feeder system". 

Just now, Minnowsotan said:

I mean its still more than I make in a year, money is money

Oh I’m not saying it’s chump change. I’m just saying its clearly minor league scale compared to NFL. Practice Squad guys make more that that. 

Im hoping because they are going to be streaming on the app they are putting out that the league gains a popularity among cord cutters