10th Round Title Bout

#1 Auburn and #6 TCU rematch the first game of the season - an Auburn victory - to determine the site's 10th national champion.

AFC CCG: Titans @ Dolphins

The Titans knocked out the defending Super Bowl Champion Raiders, while Miami destroyed Pittsburgh 38-10 in last week's slate. Two aerial attack based teams will try to make it to Super Bowl IX in this exciting matchup.

NFC CCG: Eagles @ Packers

The Eagles won a crazy 41-38 game over the Falcons while the Packers won a slugfest in the snow against the Lions in the last round; another snow game might favor an Eagles victory if they can keep up the run game from the prior week, but it will be tough against the well-rounded Packers.
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (4081) . Rome (3789) . acewulf (3039) . deandean1998 (2558) . cultur3 (1919) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Soluna

Which random players do you feel attached to?

Do you have any players you feel particularly attached to or that you find yourself rooting for? Bonus points if they are not on your current team.

There’s an obvious one who plays for me, some obvious ones who used to play for me like Sauter, Samuelsson, etc. 

but for those that haven’t/don’t play for me

Dave Stokley

since he played at Minnesota I’ve just always loved him. He’s outplayed his rating his entire career and is a legend imo and I’ve just continued to follow his career.

BJ Dawkins is another

He was so sick at Wazzou and I’ll admit I’m not sure if he’s still around or not but his time at Wazzou wasn’t unbelievable.

Rahim Murrell is a guy I feel very attached too.  When he committed to me in JuCo at Kansas State he was the best player I had ever recruited and so I created an entire persona for him with media.  I know he turned out to be a pretty sucky player, but I had fun seeing things through his overconfident eyes even after disastrous games.

I feel pretty attached to Solomon too.  @acewulf's love for him has rubbed off on me and I really hope he goes somewhere in the AFC and rewrites the record books.  

Aaron Ayala was a favorite of me and Bellwood. 

Currently my Cardinals baby is Jay Dunn :eyes:

I still really love David Wells. I still remember waiting as long as we could to get him and being elated when he actually turned out to be more than just a fast 40 time.

Alright, this is going to be a sad list and honestly a pretty hilariously bad list.  Let's get it fucking going.

David Brezina.  When I was first scouting QBs I loved his private combine and thought that he had a chance to develop into something special.  He wasn't relied to throw the ball much in college.  Hell he barely was allowed to.  But he had a pretty high QB Rating, and honestly I thought he could be a gem.  I would bug Neo and Imposter to let me clear a spot so i can sign him, and they'd say no.  Then they'd tell me yes but I'd never find the right person to really cut to give him a spot, so he sat in free agency for a year.  And then I became the GM of the Giants and gave my fucking boy a job.  He started off the street.  He was bad.  Got the only win that season though.  Honestly a really funny player, I still hope he does well.  What a god damn legend.

Benny Wilson.  Similar story, except he has progressed instead of regressed.  Honestly when I was with mimzy he was the first real "Ok Dean, I'll let you have your pet project" type person.  He was super accurate as a QB and that's always been a massive thing for me.  So i loved him.  He was last seen on Green Bay.  I don't even know if he's a FA.  I hope he lives on somewhere.

Kevin Little.  He was A&M's OLB and had a fuckton of tackles.  He was really neo's point out as a good dude in UDFA.  He was eventually let go by the Saints and I snapped him up and now he's Louis Peterson's backup.  I hope he stays that way for a while.  He's always progressed, so I have no problem with keeping him on the team.  We may run a 4-3 and he's a blitz, but he's my fucking boy now.

Ben Curry.  Of fucking course I love almost every BC player, but most of my love for Ben Curry is because he's another person I brought on as a pure pet project with the Saints and he progressed a bit and scored a few touchdowns with the Jets.  BIG GAME BEN CURRY WILL LIVE ON.

Malik Dawson.  I got fired as a NE GM 2 days before the draft, and quickly signed on with the Chiefs to learn what the fuck I was doing.  When I got on I was told "Teddy Walker is the pick, no matter what".  So, I really don't count him as anyone I had any hand in drafting.  When our first of our 2nd rounders came up, I put in a word for Malik Dawson and by fucking god Mimzy picked him.  He ended up having a really fucking good rookie year, followed it up with a pro bowl year.  I was so proud of him, and then he fell of the face of this fucking earth and now is on the Redskins being paid a lot of money to stop the run.  

There are definitely more, that's just off the top of my head.  

48 minutes ago, deandean1998 said:

Kevin Little.  He was A&M's OLB and had a fuckton of tackles.  He was really neo's point out as a good dude in UDFA.  He was eventually let go by the Saints and I snapped him up and now he's Louis Peterson's backup.  I hope he stays that way for a while.  He's always progressed, so I have no problem with keeping him on the team.  We may run a 4-3 and he's a blitz, but he's my fucking boy now.

Kevin Little was great for me in 2018 when I coached Texas A&M.  Really liked him a lot. 

Ken Eller - coached him at UCLA and we had a great run including a couple of bowl wins. I annoyed Broletariat into drafting him in the 7th round to play on the expansion Eagles. He was extremely average but every once and a while he just played a totally random game lights out. He drug a pretty terrible expansion roster to 7-9 in his last full year as starter, which is incredibly impressive IMO.

Rod Milligan, Chris Johnson and to a lesser extent Brian Davis: These were the O.G. NFLHC Eagles.

Those that are growing on me for obvious reasons: Allan Taylor, Troy White and Erik Bray (who?).

matteo rook is daddy

The Conroy Convoy has no brakes! Loved Devin Conroy when he was a high-volume slinger at Colorado State and I still root for him even though his NFLHC career is going to consist entirely of him holding a clipboard.

Blake Shell is still my guy

Jerry Rambo (RIP) - He was the only skill position player with a pulse on the Broncos that first year. I was able to get him to the pro bowl and ROTY over Harold Simmons (@Darman) and that was the first time I was proud of something on the site. 

Gary Tomlinson - The first draft pick I had a part in picking. And to see him end up being actually good is cool. 

Marquise Simpkins- Was the goat at Maryland. Helped me to be the second winningest coach in Maryland history. Cool to see him on an NFLHC team (even cooler if he was starting @eagles) 

Other pro Terps too such as Norm Spencer, Samir Hatcher, Abdul Childs. 

Mike Weir, Timmy Cano, Adrian Rupp - The first three players I recruited to go pro. Also eRUPPtion!

Sam Chapman - He’s a Sam C, I’m a Sam C. It’s only logical I like him. Plus I’ve always had a soft spot for FCS players for some reason like even before I joined UNH

Obviously I’m attached to all the Ravens too but there are a few more than other like...

Davey Jones - AAAAARRRRRGGGG

Brett Fisher - He’s had his ups and downs (mostly downs but he’ll be back up. Bet on it) but you gotta love him. He’s the Fish God

Tyrone Jones - He’s the goat. Duh

Ajani Terry. The only player with a chance at getting drafted and snapping his back in half to carry my defense.

On my team: Jermon Bailey. Though not too many players since I'm winning with @LamboThrone's croots right now.

Not on my team: CB Chris Tolbert from the Loins. Not sure why, just really like him. Stood out to me early on in my site browsing.

Finn Leonard :wub:

anigif_sub-buzz-32010-1528217741-10.gif?

Many of the AAC players I use to do media on back when I actually interacted on the site.

10 hours ago, TheSam said:

Sam Chapman - He’s a Sam C, I’m a Sam C. It’s only logical I like him. Plus I’ve always had a soft spot for FCS players for some reason like even before I joined UNH

Bitch I'm a Sam C too, as in this dudes name is literally a letter away from mine

I still oddly track old NC State players, so Donald Caldwell and my baby Jeff Collett (RIP). 

Kevin Williams is my favorite NFLHC player. What a great story of a guy that's come out of seemingly no where to be one of the most dominant receivers in the league. He's a true inspiration to all the less heralded players trying to make their ways into the league and a sponsor for underprivileged children in my beloved Nashville. KWill is a true hero.

The most random is not really that random still, but Gavin Faulk. I really do think he possesses the most raw potential of anyone to come out of our conference. He had one of the best seasons this year while on one of the worst teams. I'll be rooting hard for him wherever he ends up in the NFL. 

Hacker kicker for South Dakota State. Goddamn that dude can kick, He reminds me of the real life Chase Vinatieri currently playing for the real life South Dakota State and that why I like him. I just really like following special teams players

I still feel very attached to some OG Packers that are around like Jason Johnson (JJFORHEISMAN!) Bernard Taylor and Wayne Wegert.