McLean With It

Rice QB Eric McLean, taken by the Giants, becomes the 10th #1 overall pick, and is the first from a non-P5 school.

Rocket Men!

Toledo players were the final two picks of the draft, giving them Mr. Irrelevant (SS Isiah Poole) and allowing them to become the school with the most total players taken in the 2023 draft.

Trades. Trades Everywhere

10 of the top 12 picks in the draft were traded, the most notable of which involved the Colts moving up to #3 from #18 where they eventually took Georgia CB/FS Dominique Dawkins.

3rd Round Kicker? I Barely Know Her!

South Dakota State K Harrison Hacker (#69 to the Cardinals) and Cincinnati K TJ Bendbrook (#77 to the Houston Texans) both went in the 3rd round, extending the NFLHC trend of highly selected kickers.
SolutionA

S01E05 - CFBHC Trivia

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Episode 05 of CFBHC Trivia!

First of all, here is the link to episode 5 trivia:

https://forms.gle/dN9JceuqzNMGSyiM9

Submissions will be closed Thursday May 2nd at 5pm ET.

Here are the answers to last episode's quiz:

As with everything else I do, if I made a mistake, please do let me know!

Question Answer(s) %Correct
Episode 04
As of the start of the 2018/19 season, how many football teams have joined the FBS since 2000? 17 22.22%
Which football team was the first one to voluntarily drop from the FBS to the FCS? Idaho Vandals 81.48%
Six defunct teams have won an APFA/NFL championship. Name one of them. Akron Pros (1920, 1922), Canton Bulldogs (1923), Cleveland Bulldogs (1924), Frankford Yellow Jackets (1926), Providence Steam Roller (1928) 66.67%
Which CFBHC team holds the record for most Dick Butkus awards? Nevada Wolfpack (ILB Akeel Morris x2) 18.52%
At 302kph (188mph), this sport holds the Guiness World Record for the "Fastest moving ball sport." (Hint: Golf is not a moving ball sport) Jai-Alai (Pelota) 48.15%

Had a few people answer "130" for question 1. Be sure to read the question carefully!

Notable/funny answers:

• Question 2
    • @Ahven D'Gale - " Dem Hoe-ing Vandals"
    • @DangerZoneh - " I da ho"
    • @VerifiedThing - " I know Idaho did a few years ago but I don't know if they were the FIRST to do it. I'll stick with Idaho as my answer" - That's what happens when you stick to your first instinct - take note people!
    • @SyndaKyt - " Idaho Vandals. Stupid Potatoes"
  • Question 3
    • @rabidsnowman - " :D I know this because it's one of my all time favorite teams, the Providence Steam Rollers" - Tell me more
    • @stormstopper / @Minnowsotan - " Green Bay Packers" / "Houston Texans" - I don't know how to tell you this, guys, but the Packers and Texans are not defunct... as much as you guys wish they were.
  • Question 4
    • @AzulCaballero - " Oklahoma because Chicago is the biggest Dick Butt I can think of. Ok cool, Hook em"
    • @VerifiedThing - " What did you call me?" - Did I fucking stutter?
  • Question 5
    • @Rome - " That one game they play in Latin countries it's like handball, fuck Archer had this on its show once JAI ALAI" - Absolutely loved seeing your thought process throughout this one.
    • @TuscanSota - " Let's change the word "ball" to puck so that I can answer hockey" - I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.
    • @SyndaKyt - " Jai Alai, Thanks to Middle School Guiness Books" - You get me

And here's how we did:

Episode 4
User name 1 2 3 4 5 Total correct % correct
Soluna X 4 80.00%
rabidsnowman X 4 80.00%
Jieret X 4 80.00%
Rome X 4 80.00%
SyndaKyt X 4 80.00%
Jumbo X X 3 60.00%
Jamzz X X 3 60.00%
DangerZoneh X X 3 60.00%
Bingo415 X X 3 60.00%
ImposterCauster X X 3 60.00%
Bubada X X 3 60.00%
stormstopper X X 3 60.00%
jared2001usa X X 3 60.00%
caesari X X X 2 40.00%
AzulCaballero X X X 2 40.00%
Boogyman10 X X X 2 40.00%
Stinsy X X X 2 40.00%
Babaganoush X X X 2 40.00%
TheTodd15 X X X 2 40.00%
Ahven D'Gale X X X 2 40.00%
npklemm X X X 2 40.00%
sleuthofbears X X X 2 40.00%
Toucan X X X X 1 20.00%
VerifiedThing X X X X 1 20.00%
DarthJarJar X X X X 1 20.00%
Serwendel           0 0.00%
deandean1998           0 0.00%
smckenz3           0 0.00%
alienufo           0 0.00%
Caderich5           0 0.00%
Swipet           0 0.00%
AD3378           0 0.00%
Emperor           0 0.00%
TazerMan           0 0.00%
Rocketcan           0 0.00%
Quasar           0 0.00%
Time           0 0.00%
cultur3           0 0.00%
Iimerman           0 0.00%
wrigleyfan X X X X X 0 0.00%
Osukid2811           0 0.00%
Minnowsotan X X X X X 0 0.00%
Kirby           0 0.00%

No perfect scores this week, but a few guys with 4/5 correct and a few with 0/5 (F).

Lifetime standings:

User name Lifetime correct Lifetime % correct
Soluna 12 80.00%
Jumbo 14 70.00%
Serwendel 10 66.67%
Jamzz 13 65.00%
DangerZoneh 13 65.00%
rabidsnowman 6 60.00%
Bingo415 12 60.00%
Jieret 11 55.00%
ImposterCauster 11 55.00%
Toucan 8 53.33%
smckenz3 8 53.33%
Rome 8 53.33%
deandean1998 8 53.33%
caesari 8 53.33%
SyndaKyt 10 50.00%
Bubada 10 50.00%
AzulCaballero 10 50.00%
alienufo 5 50.00%
stormstopper 7 46.67%
Stinsy 7 46.67%
Caderich5 7 46.67%
Boogyman10 7 46.67%
jared2001usa 9 45.00%
TheTodd15 4 40.00%
Swipet 2 40.00%
npklemm 6 40.00%
Babaganoush 6 40.00%
Ahven D'Gale 2 40.00%
AD3378 4 40.00%
TazerMan 3 30.00%
sleuthofbears 3 30.00%
Emperor 3 30.00%
Rocketcan 4 26.67%
VerifiedThing 5 25.00%
DarthJarJar 5 25.00%
Time 2 20.00%
Quasar 2 20.00%
Iimerman 1 20.00%
cultur3 1 20.00%
wrigleyfan 1 10.00%
Osukid2811 1 10.00%
Minnowsotan 0 0.00%
Kirby 0 0.00%

@SolutionA looks like the Trivia link today has a numeric for question 1 where it's supposed to be a name...

Wait, did I not put Idaho down?

What did I put for the first question again? I swear my answer was close to that :( 

Sad I missed this one, because there actually is a claim that the Pottsville Maroons won the NFL championship in 1925. Long story short, the Maroons went 10-2. Back then, there was no championship game (the championship was awarded to the team with the best record), but there was still was a de-facto championship game when the last game was the Chicago Cardinals (now the Arizona Cards) and the Maroons (both tied for 1st). The Maroons proceeding to go on the road to Chicago and win a slugfest in the snow 21-7.

Shortly thereafter, the NFL suspended the Maroons for basically internal political reasons and thereby voiding their championship and awarding it to the Cardinals (which was not accepted until 1933 because they thought the NFL did the Maroons dirty). Finally accepting this title is the reason many believe that Cardinals are a "cursed" franchise (having only ever won a league championship again in 1947, and never since).

I knew Jai Alai for the same reason Syndikat did, and because it looked fun to me when I was a kid.   Like dodgeball with consequences.

For some reason I like all teams from Providence, but the Providence Steam Rollers are  special, and not just to me.  They have been defunct since 1933 and yet they still manage to sell apparel. I think it's the all time best football team name for my favorite style of football, that Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" power rushing attack.   I even used the name in one of the random CFBHC minigames (I don't remember which one).  

5 hours ago, npklemm said:

Wait, did I not put Idaho down?

You did! My mistake! I've corrected it.

4 hours ago, ImposterCauster said:

What did I put for the first question again? I swear my answer was close to that :( 

15 :(

3 hours ago, Rocketcan said:

Sad I missed this one, because there actually is a claim that the Pottsville Maroons won the NFL championship in 1925. Long story short, the Maroons went 10-2. Back then, there was no championship game (the championship was awarded to the team with the best record), but there was still was a de-facto championship game when the last game was the Chicago Cardinals (now the Arizona Cards) and the Maroons (both tied for 1st). The Maroons proceeding to go on the road to Chicago and win a slugfest in the snow 21-7.

Shortly thereafter, the NFL suspended the Maroons for basically internal political reasons and thereby voiding their championship and awarding it to the Cardinals (which was not accepted until 1933 because they thought the NFL did the Maroons dirty). Finally accepting this title is the reason many believe that Cardinals are a "cursed" franchise (having only ever won a league championship again in 1947, and never since).

Wow! That's very interesting. I would have given you credit had you answered this :)

2 hours ago, rabidsnowman said:

I knew Jai Alai for the same reason Syndikat did, and because it looked fun to me when I was a kid.   Like dodgeball with consequences.

For some reason I like all teams from Providence, but the Providence Steam Rollers are  special, and not just to me.  They have been defunct since 1933 and yet they still manage to sell apparel. I think it's the all time best football team name for my favorite style of football, that Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" power rushing attack.   I even used the name in one of the random CFBHC minigames (I don't remember which one).  

Dodgeball with consequences sounds like a ... dodgey game.

I think I'm going to need to find me some Steam Rollers apparel...

Jai-alai has so many abandoned facilities across the US since its downfall from the betting rings and height of its popularity

14 hours ago, rabidsnowman said:

Oh boy here we go down the rabbit hole.

2 minutes ago, Minnowsotan said:

Jai-alai has so many abandoned facilities across the US since its downfall from the betting rings and height of its popularity

I was gonna base a trivia question on this fun fact, but threw it out cause I felt it might be too hard:

There are more Jai-Alai courts in Florida than in any other place in the world.

gets two answers mentioned in the funnies section

Yeah I'm like known as the CFBHC class clown around here, nbd.

1 hour ago, VerifiedThing said:

gets two answers mentioned in the funnies section

Yeah I'm like known as the CFBHC class clown around here, nbd.

I thought about putting a third down for you... but no one should have that power...