Tiger! Tiger! Burning Bright

#1 Auburn wins the championship with a decisive win over #6 TCU, becoming the kings of the 10th CFBHC season.

Pack Up The Playoffs

The Packers steamrolled the playoffs, defeating the Dolphins by 20 to win Super Bowl IX; this is their second title in three seasons.

Black or McLean?

Following the Giants trade-up to #1, will they take Rice QB Eric McLean or Auburn QB Marcus Black?
    Chatbox -
    Soluna (6079) . Rome (4838) . acewulf (4394) . deandean1998 (3763) . npklemm (2776) .

You don't have permission to chat.
      Load More
    Rome

[2023] Team and Coach Prestige

Here is the worksheet.

Some reminders:

1. Coaches are graded on a bell curve, teams are graded linearly. Exactly a quarter of all coaches in the database are 3 stars, but just under 10% of teams are.

2. There are expectations based on your prestige for wins and recruiting rank. This is to simulate expectations. This also reduces the prestige of inactive coaches.

3. @Jieret did most of the work.

If anything stands out are particularly wrong, @ me. I would also like to congratulate the schools and coaches who have made it to the 5 star penthouse.

Edit: FCS schools are treated as a half star lesser than what their prestige would actually be, but FCS coaches will be treated like everyone else. The mobility of coaches and having to match similar standards as FBS coaches would be held too made docking them seem unfair and unfun.

WOOO!!!! 3.5 star coach!!!

Not that it matters but I'm 1-0 at Boise State and shouldn't take the hit for the 2-9 record I inherited.

Also, this is all fantastic. I love me a good spreadsheet and statistical analysis, good job y'all! 

Noodlz's coach rating is based off California, but my coach rating is based off of Utah State?

edit: I do like the work done on this, but found this to be particularly odd, since both Noodlz and I transitioned to the Pac-12 during the season

48 minutes ago, AzulCaballero said:

Not that it matters but I'm 1-0 at Boise State and shouldn't take the hit for the 2-9 record I inherited.

Also, this is all fantastic. I love me a good spreadsheet and statistical analysis, good job y'all! 

Shouldn't have said anything it just went down more lmfao, love it.

@Rome

Easy fix but for @vtgorilla but VT won 10 games during the regular season and the bowl game giving him a total of 11 wins.  The coach sheet has them winning 9 plus the bowl.  

1 hour ago, TuscanSota said:

Noodlz's coach rating is based off California, but my coach rating is based off of Utah State?

edit: I do like the work done on this, but found this to be particularly odd, since both Noodlz and I transitioned to the Pac-12 during the season

I just did leg work, but I believe the reason it broke out that way was to track recruiting classes to the coach as best as possible. It isn't a perfect system, but it's near-impossible to segregate the coaches by partial recruiting jobs.

Also coaches should notice that only wins were tracked for the year, not win%.

Woo 4 star coach! And rank 37!!!

5* coach, 5* school. Only 2 years in. Let's keep this going :ninja:

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Shit school must be rigged 

19 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The house that Dream built

@Rome my old value for prestige in 2022 was 2.5 and 1.0 in 2021.   The 2023 version has me as a 1 instead of 2.5

Thanks for putting this together!

@Rome Why are the "old star" ratings for 2022 and 2023 the same under schools? Is that like the "baseline"? It seems like the "new" rating for 2021 should be the "old" rating for 2022. Or am I misunderstanding this?

For example, it says I gained .5 stars as a school in 2022 to get to 1.5, and it says I gained another .5 stars, but my new star is still 1.5.

@Rome NC State had 8 regular season wins last season. Everything else seems a-okay though!

2 hours ago, Jieret said:

I just did leg work, but I believe the reason it broke out that way was to track recruiting classes to the coach as best as possible. It isn't a perfect system, but it's near-impossible to segregate the coaches by partial recruiting jobs.

Also coaches should notice that only wins were tracked for the year, not win%.

That's fair. Wazzu's class is worse than Utah State's but I'll take the fall for it ;) 

3 hours ago, Osukid2811 said:

I have a bad feeling @SolutionA is gonna start a dynasty. 

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

4 hours ago, AzulCaballero said:

Shouldn't have said anything it just went down more lmfao, love it.

Half as many wins! Math checks out.

@Rome - quick question. On the 2023 Coaches tab, there are a lot of "143" recruiting rank teams. Why is that?

10 minutes ago, SolutionA said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Half as many wins! Math checks out.

@Rome - quick question. On the 2023 Coaches tab, there are a lot of "143" recruiting rank teams. Why is that?

Good question! 142 teams recruited this past season, so every inactive coach was given 143 to represent their absence on the recruiting trail.

2 minutes ago, Rome said:

Good question! 142 teams recruited this past season, so every inactive coach was given 143 to represent their absence on the recruiting trail.

Hmm, I have 143 next to my name (Row 139), but I did recruit this year (had the 67th recruiting class).

43 minutes ago, SolutionA said:

Hmm, I have 143 next to my name (Row 139), but I did recruit this year (had the 67th recruiting class).

Fixed. Looks like instead of a formula, 143 just got pasted. I fixed it for everyone, so stuff shifted a bit, but everyone should be the same stars.

3 minutes ago, Rome said:

Fixed. Looks like instead of a formula, 143 just got pasted. I fixed it for everyone, so stuff shifted a bit, but everyone should be the same stars.

Thanks!

Sorry to bother again @Rome.  Can you check my coach prestige old value?  The old value of 100 doesn't appear to match up with a 2.5 prestige coach.  Thanks :)

5 minutes ago, Ricky Campbell said:

Sorry to bother again @Rome.  Can you check my coach prestige old value?  The old value of 100 doesn't appear to match up with a 2.5 prestige coach.  Thanks :)

Iunno how, but you disappeared off my sheet at some point. I reran the 2022 prestige and adjusted you 2023 equivalently (although it won't move you any half stars).

Tanking Texas. No longer a 5* Program. Time to get fired. 

I would think two championships in a row would be enough to get higher than one star, but me points be moving up! All that matters. Nice write up.