Week 0 Is Kicking Off Again!!

TCU @ Penn State is this year's CFBHC Kick-Off Game.

Death By a Thousand Cuts

The end of the preseason brings on roster cuts for NFLHC teams, where the careers of many players will likely end.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

PRAISE PORTAL PHASE 2

The transfer portal continues, and we will soon see the conclusion of Phase 2.
npklemm

[2023] Official Draft Guide

tenor.gif?itemid=12920799

Wow, this is insane. Can't imagine how long it took.

giphy.gif

Wow. This is amazing. 

This is incredible. Huge thanks to everyone involved. 

giphy.gif

Holy crap this is amazing! I wanna print this and put it in a binder lol

I deserve 0 credit. Klemm this is awesome.

This is what the Colts have all the time 

Fantastic job klemm! I don't deserve any credit at all!

Absolutely knockout work, Klemm and friends. This is amazing!

This is awesome. Fantastic job to everyone involved!

Man I've hoped for something like this for years. I'm not going to say thank you, I'm going to say Congratulations for the best thing I've ever seen on here.

Great stuff!  Thanks for the work put into this!

A+++++++++++ work guys. I feel like I can read this 10+ years from now and reminisce on good times. Fantastic job. 

What an amazing read, honestly really helps with our draft planning

Wow. Just wow!

giphy.gif

@npklemm, you did a hell of a job putting this together.  I'm happy I was able to be a small part of this!

If anyone is interested, here are blurbs I wrote for my mock in the guide. 

As always, the previous mock can be found here: http://cfbhc.com/index.php?/topic/25360-post-early-decsbowl-skipping-2023-mock-draft-v50/

1. San Francisco 49ers: DE Deontre Graham 6-7 244 R Alabama [Contain] [-1/C] 83.  
San Fran would still much rather trade out of this spot but since there aren't any trades mocked here, this basically comes down to either Graham or Solomon McLaughlin.  While McLaughlin's unreal Pro Day might have randye4 rethinking his stance on no RBs at #1, I have them staying the course and taking the Alabama product.
Previous pick: DE Deontre Graham 6-7 244 R Alabama [Contain] [-1/C] 83 (pick #1)

2. Los Angeles Chargers: RB Solomon McLaughlin 5-10 235 R Texas Tech [Power] [+1] 83.  With the Chargers trading for Mario Hill tackle isn't as big a deal for them.  SOLOMON, on the other hand, is as big a deal as there's ever been coming out of college.  A 28.9 out of 30 on his Pro Day, including a 9.9 readiness grade!  Getting a legitimate running threat is probably the best thing to happen to Matty Swift.
Previous pick: OT Shane McCord 6-6 290 R Georgia [Run Blocking] [0] 83 (#2)

3. Minnesota Vikings.  OG Silolo Siula 6-1 333 R Utah [Pass Blocking] [0] 83.  Taking a guard this high will rub some the wrong way, but Siula actually compares very well to last year's #4 pick Noah Barney.  Siula actually out-performed Barney in every test at the combine except for the vertical leap (which Siula didn't do).  Barney was readier for the pros (8.5 Readiness grade vs. Siula's 7.2) but the rest of their Pro Days are similar.  But more to the point is that guard is a HUGE need for the Vikes, and Siula is clearly head and shoulders above the others in the class.
Previous pick: OG Silolo Siula 6-1 333 R Utah [Pass Blocking] [0] 82 (#9-Trade)  

4. New York Giants: QB Eric McLean 6-2 206 R Rice [Pocket] [+2/C] 83.  Unless the G-Men are wedded to a hybrid offensive scheme, the QB they take here has to be McLean.  The Pro Days basically cemented his status as the top quarterback of this class and he is deserving of being taken here if not sooner.
Previous pick: QB Marcus Black 6-6 225 R Auburn [Hybrid] [+2] 82 (#4)

5. Chicago Bears: (from ARI) DE Samir Sample 6-2 267 R Texas Tech [Blitz] [+1] 82.  While the Bears could draft Shane McCord to FINALLY (?) put the Tackle meme to bed, they currently have a big pile of nothing at the defensive edges after trading unhappy Andrew Fazande away.  Sample really showed out at Pro Days and the combine, and would really put some teeth back into the Bear defense. 
Previous pick: DE Samir Sample 6-2 267 R Texas Tech [Blitz] [+1] 82 (#8)

6. New England Patriots: QB Marcus Black 6-6 225 R Auburn [Hybrid] [+2] 82.  If this is how the draft goes I feel like the Pats would entertain offers to move down, because the highest-rated players on the board don't match with their needs.  So they take a QB for the near future as Reggie Watkins' contract is fully non-guaranteed after 2023.  Black is a winner, pure and simple, and coach gigemags has familiarity with the type of gameplan Black likes.  
Previous pick: QB Eric McLean 6-2 206 R Rice [Pocket] [+2/C] 83 (#6)

7. Denver Broncos: CB/FS Dominique Dawkins 6-2 199 R Georgia [Man Coverage] [0] 83.  Denver has been busy since last we checked in with them.  Out goes Darren Jones, Mario Hill, Reggie Griffin, Charles Johnson, and Sam Sarahi.  In comes Frank Williams, Cameron Newhouse, Derrick Schwartz, Rob Evans, and Will Doughty.  While it's tempting to continue giving them a playmaker like Gavin Faulk or even Garrett Taylor, their #2 corner is currently T.J. Hunter.  This does not seem ideal.  Dawkins gives the Broncos a badly-needed youth infusion at the back end - at multiple positions if need be.
Previous pick: WR Gavin Faulk 6-2 200 R Connecticut [Target] [0] 82 (#7)

8. Arizona Cardinals: (from CHI) WR Gavin Faulk 6-2 200 R Connecticut [Target] [0] 82.  This spot is another trade-down candidate as drafting Emmanuel McDermott now is a serious reach.  While it seems that Faulk isn't a huge need, both Marcus Banks and Ricky Chambers look to be on or near the downslope of their careers.
Previous pick: QB Troy McMurray 6-2 189 R Stanford [Scrambling] [-1] 82 (#8)

9. Houston Texans: ILB Bradley Rainey 5-11 223 R Penn State [Will] [0/C] 83.  The Texans would love to take someone like Mo White or Simeon Wells here, but Rainey is more value than they can pass up.  Dick McCready is not a long-term solution at the Will, and Rainey provides long-term stability and leadership at the heart of the defense.
Previous pick: RB Solomon McLaughlin 5-10 235 R Texas Tech [Power] [+1] 82 (#3-Trade)

10. New York Giants: (from BUF) RB Simeon Wells 5-11 210 R Texas [Power] [0] 82.  Ethan Newby is not the answer for the question posed by O.J. Carano's impending retirement.  You're shocked, I know.  Wells has shot up draft boards after the plaudits he got from his Pro Day, and his versatility would let him ease into the squad as a backup/3rd down back if the G-Men don't want to throw him directly into the fire.
Previous pick: OG Charlie Cooper 6-7 282 R Auburn [Pass Blocking] [0] 82) (#10-BUF's pick previously)

11. Seattle Seahawks: (from CLE) OT Shane McCord 6-6 290 R Georgia [Run Blocking] [0] 83.  With the Bears addressing defense instead of offense and no trades mocked, that causes the top-rated tackle to fall all the way to Seattle.  (This has like a zero percent chance to happen for real.)  The Seahawks have a big spot open on the OL after they let James Poindexter walk, and McCord is the biggest way to fill it.
Previous pick: CB/FS Dominique Dawkins 6-2 199 R Georgia [Man Coverage] [0] 83 (#11)

12. Los Angeles Rams: CB Khalil Harrell 5-9 168 R Florida State [Man Coverage] [-2] 82.  The need hasn't changed but the name has.  Cornerback is still a big sore spot for this team, but FSU's Harrell is getting higher marks than DeSean Barkley so he gets the nod here.
Previous pick: CB DeSean Barkley 5-10 162 R Colorado [Man Coverage] [-2] 82 (#12)

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: WR A.J. Edwards 6-4 217 R Alabama [Speed] [-2] 81.  CB is no longer an immediate need after signing Sammy Muhammed and trading for Blake Turner.  They DO have a big need at WR after losing Richard Wilson in FA, and Edwards tested well enough that he should be the second receiver off the board.
Previous pick: CB Eric Hall 5-11 177 R Arizona [Man Coverage] [0/C] 81 (#13)

14. Baltimore Ravens: TE Garrett Taylor 6-3 239 R Temple [Receiving] [+1] 83.  Baltimore needs playmakers on offense badly.  Danny Patrick is good, but he's also getting up there in age and is a free agent after this season.  Calling the Temple product the next Danny Patrick may be a disservice to Taylor; he is the highest-rated TE prospect we've ever seen and would be a HUGE weapon for Brett Fisher.
Previous pick: OT Alex Vasili 6-5 310 R Penn State [Pass Blocking] [+1] 82 (#18-trade)

15. Kansas City Chiefs: OG Charlie Cooper 6-7 282 R Auburn [Pass Blocking] [0] 81.  Guard is a position the Chiefs HAVE to address and they missed on the big FA target, Kevin Levy.  That means it has to be done here, and Cooper is the best guard available.
Previous pick: OG Jonah McCullough 6-2 315 R Michigan State [Run Blocking] [0/C] 80 (#25-trade)

16. New York Jets: RB Maurice White 5-11 231 R Oklahoma [Power] [+1] 82.  PFF may call this a reach, but the Jets need a running game and Mo White best fits the bill (and Schefter likes him). White had 1988 yards and 23 TDs for the Sooners on the ground and can even catch a few balls in case Erik Wegert isn't comfortable just handing the ball off to a running back.
Previous pick: RB Jamal Trufant 6-1 223 R Wisconsin [Power] [-2] 81

17. Washington Redskins: OT Alex Vasili 6-5 310 R Penn State [Pass Blocking] [+1] 82.  Walter Adair is still playing at a high level but Preston Gill is thinking of calling it quits and Tom Scott may not be far behind.  Vasili will give Tanner Bowman peace of mind, knowing he's capably protected on both edges.
Previous pick: TE Garrett Taylor 6-3 239 R Temple [Receiving] [+1] 82 (#17)

18. Indianapolis Colts: CB Zion Evans 5-11 167 R Michigan [Zone Coverage] [-2] 81.  With the top three RBs off the board, the Colts instead look to shore up their secondary.  While not the highest-rated CB on the board, Evans seems to have one of the highest ceilings.  His versatility will also help him mesh with the CB group Indy currently has.
Previous pick: RB Maurice White 5-11 231 R Oklahoma [Power] [+1] 82 (#14-trade)

19. Dallas Cowboys: WR Ryan Childs 5-11 150 R Mississippi State [Speed] [-2] 81.  The Cowboys need another playmaker, and the speedy (4.33 40) Bulldog will be a matchup nightmare in the slot.
Previous pick: ILB Bradley Rainey 5-11 223 R Penn State [Will] [0/C] 82 (#19)

20. Tennessee Titans: (from NO) DE Jeremy McKinney 6-1 243 R San Diego State [Contain] [0/C] 81.  With Childs going off the board, the Titans are willing to wait on a WR to caddy forunderstudy behind Kevin Fucking Williams.  Instead they address the spot that Charles Woods used to occupy - by drafting a player using a draft pick they got for Charles Woods.
Previous pick: WR Ryan Childs 5-11 150 R Mississippi State [Speed] [-2] 81 (#20)

21. Cincinnati Bengals: OLB Ryan Bailey 6-3 216 R Florida [Blitz] [+1/C] 81.  Dejuan Holmes won't be a long-term answer at guard, but he'll do to patch the hole for a year or two.  That lets the Bengals address another need at outside linebacker, taking the top-rated OLB in Bailey.
Previous pick: OG Cole Fay 6-7 271 R Virginia Tech [Run Blocking] [0/C] 81 (#21)

22. Seattle Seahawks: CB DeSean Barkley 5-10 162 R Colorado [Man Coverage] [-2] 82.  Seattle also needs some fresh blood at CB; Matt Cowan and John Queen are a good CB duo but they're probably the oldest in the league.  Barkley would do well learning from them for a year or two.
Previous pick: OT Brendan Lowe 6-2 260 R LSU [Pass Blocking] [0/C] 82 (#22)

23. Jacksonville Jaguars: CB Blaine Lewis-Thompson 5-11 193 R California [Man Coverage] [+2] 81.  Not that the Jags have many holes, but they could use a better running mate to pair with Jay Wade.  BLT and Purdue's Jordan Westbrook are neck-and-neck in my mind, but with the better Pro Day the Cal player gets the nod.
Previous pick: CB Jordan Westbrook 5-11 191 R Purdue [Man Coverage] [+2] 81 (#26)

24. New York Jets: DT Emmanuel McDermott 6-3 305 R NC State [1-Gap] [-1] 81.  Gang Green draft the best defensive tackle on the board to pair with Kyle Pratt.
Previous pick: CB Khalil Harrell 5-9 168 R Florida State [Man Coverage] [-2] 82 (#29-trade)

25. Pittsburgh Steelers: DE Tyrone Rivers 6-4 258 R LSU [Contain] [-3] 81.  I'll be honest. I originally wanted to give them T.C. McGregor but the third-round projection is probably a bridge too far, even though there's no way he actually falls into the third.  So considering the board and assuming they are running a 3-4, Pittsburgh gets the last 80+ DE on the board.
Previous pick: OT Aaron Walls 6-7 273 R Utah State [Pass Blocking] [+1/C] 81 (#23)

26. Atlanta Falcons: ILB Alexander Hutton 6-2 240 R Michigan [Mike] [+1] 81.  The Falcons don't seem to like any of the highly-rated DTs in this draft, so we'll give them Hutton to fill in their MLB hole.
Previous pick: DT Emmanuel McDermott 6-3 305 R NC State [1-Gap] [-1] 82 (#15-trade)

27. Las Vegas Raiders: OG Cole Fay 6-7 271 R Virginia Tech [Run Blocking] [0/C] 80.  Much like how Zion Evans went ahead of several higher-rated players, I have Vegas taking Fay over the higher-rated Derrick Briggs.  I think there's enough things (better overall Pro Day and combine, Briggs' neck concern) to send Fay to Sin City instead.
Previous pick: OG Derrick Briggs 6-4 285 R Bowling Green [Run Blocking] [-1] 81 (#24-trade)

28. Detroit Lions: OT Brendan Lowe 6-2 260 R LSU [Pass Blocking] [0/C] 82.  Joe McCord is ready to retire and a FA after 2023 anyway.  Detroit gets great value, picking up his replacement.
Previous pick: FS Marquise Holliday 6-1 198 R Clemson [Zone Coverage] [0/C] 81 (#30)

29. Philadelphia Eagles: C D.J. Wilkinson 6-1 304 R Buffalo [Run Blocking] [0] 80.  Sadly a rash of retirements left the Eagles without depth at several positions, so we have to drop the AW3/AT combo for now.  Instead they address their need at center by taking Wilkinson.  The Buffalo man is clearly the best of an underwhelming group and will be an upgrade over Tim Kerns.
Previous pick: QB Akiem Williams III 6-3 235 R Clemson [Scrambling] [-1] 82 (#28)

30. Tennessee Titans: QB Josh Beckett 6-3 211 R Georgia Tech [Pocket] [+2/C] 82.  The QB value pick instead passes on to Tennessee, who gets an understudy to Thomas Wheeler.  For some reason they apparently don't see Julius McIntosh as the future.
Previous pick: DE Jeremy McKinney 6-1 243 R San Diego State [Contain] [0/C] 81 (#27)

31. Miami Dolphins: DT Silas Booker 6-2 321 R Western Michigan [1-Gap] [-2] 80.  The Dolphins need youth up front, and Booker's numbers probably push him ahead of Washington's Julius Mercer.
Previous pick: DT Julius Mercer 6-2 301 R Washington [1-Gap] [-2] 81 (#32)

32. Green Bay Packers: OG Derrick Briggs 6-4 285 R Bowling Green [Run Blocking] [-1] 81. No defensive end for once since all the 80+ ones are gone. Instead the Pack get a better replacement for Rodrick Norton than fourth-year player John Young.
Previous pick: DE Tyrone Rivers 6-4 258 R LSU [Contain] [-3] 81 (#31)

I can't wait to print this off and have it with me on draft day.