Illini Fight Off Huskies

The #25 Illinois defense stifled Washington's star QB Jake Davis as Illinois won a more defensive game 19-17, although QB Jordan Harrison did help with over 300 yards in the air.

SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS

Panthers QB Christian Skaggs throws for 506 yards on 49 attempts, adding 6 TD to 0 INT, as the Panthers rout the Bucs at home 42-12.

Hokie-Pokey Defense Turns Game Around

In a game that was 0-0 at the half, Virginia Tech managed to pull the upset of #12 Ohio State through a stifling defense that held OSU to just 3 field goals.

Sustainable Bills Sneak Past Saints

The Bills scored in every quarter, putting up 35; they nearly lost anyway as the Saints scored 27 in the 4th quarter in a close 35-33 game.
Soluna

CFBHC does CBBHC Interactive

Folks,

I had an idea for a fun little game to add with the new dice rolling feature in the forum software. I know you guys liked CBBHC and while this isn't the same thing I figure it's still better than nothing, could be a ton of fun, is interactive in a way that this isn't, allows for roster building (and even recruiting if you guys want it to), and can make for exciting games, so here's what I was trying to figure out how to do. (And you guys are invited to take part in shaping how this could look!)

Essentially, at its core, I can set number and ranges for any number of dice that can be rolled on a comment. People cannot choose the dice so it always has to be the same number and range for everyone (the forum post just lets you say y/n roll dice).

I figured we could make a very simple sim CBBHC where something like two dice are rolled, representing the first and second half CBB scores and then your depth chart/gameday roster would affect those scores in various ways.

The most obvious ways would be that someone increases your score or decreases the opponents score but there's potential here for cool combos if enough "attributes" are added.

Additionally I figured that experience can be simulated by ticking up the strength of the attribute based on the year of experience.

If people are interested in this at all, I'm looking for ideas for how to make it feel more like basketball... or just how to make it a little more interesting. If we can get a cool little simple game I would be okay keeping this around as the "official" cbbhc on the forum to run concurrently with CFBHC with schedules, recruiting, post-season, etc. Help me make it a reality!

Soluna

See an example of a shitty test game here:

I worked with the assumption that away teams have to show their starting lineup first but their attributes take precedent in conflicting situations (just in case you're trying to score along at home).

The alternative I could do is roll 5 dice, one for each player so we could have individual points scored and their attributes could modify those. Would this be better?

Idea, offensive and defensive attribute for every player

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.