Éireannach Go Bragh

Notre Dame pulls off the first big upset of the season, defeating #14 Michigan by 10 points.

Luck of the Aggies

Former TCU QB Felix Luck is now a member of the UC Davis Aggies, thanks to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

Place Your Bets!

The Betting Market is now open, place your bets for a selection of weekly games with some prop bets, such as Super Bowl odds.
Soluna

Off Topic Thread: 2019

Just a place to dump random thoughts for any of you guys that want to partake that doesn't come across as weird in the shoutbox. Keep it peaceful.

I used to watch a lot of Dog the Bounty Hunter as my trashy reality tv stuff in the mid 2000s and I just found out that his wife died of cancer today. I feel kind of sad even though I have no connection to these people and Dog is a pretty rough personality... cancer sucks though.

DJI_0775.JPG

Just took this picture of Fort Pulaski while running a drone mission to map it. Pretty proud of it.

40 minutes ago, Soluna said:

DJI_0775.JPG

Just took this picture of Fort Pulaski while running a drone mission to map it. Pretty proud of it.

Woah that’s awesome! I love forts. I’ve only ever gotten to visit one in person though. 

16 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Woah that’s awesome! I love forts. I’ve only ever gotten to visit one in person though. 

It was pretty awesome, we got to stay after the Fort closed and ran a mission to map the entirety of the site with Lidar along with some random missions to take pictures and video of the fort.

3 hours ago, Soluna said:

It was pretty awesome, we got to stay after the Fort closed and ran a mission to map the entirety of the site with Lidar along with some random missions to take pictures and video of the fort.

That sounds pretty awesome! The history buff in me would love that. Anytime we go on vacation I take a historical detour one day and my wife puts up with it lol

This is the kind of stuff that makes America awesome, was thirty km away from any other town on a bike ride and found this.

20190630_173435.jpg

The below sign says:

"HOW TO ACT IN THE CASE OF A BOMB THREAT"

Stay Calm!

Fill out the form and questionnaire if possible.

And I think this most accurately summarizes Germany.

jWZ4EbA.jpg

What has everyone picked up in the Steam Summer Sale/ What did you join for the Grand Prix?

Ive gotten:

Football Manager 19

Turmoil

Simple Planes

Kindergarten

Golf With Your Friends

Train Valley

Empire TV Tycoon

Poly Bridge

Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection 

Portal 

Portal 2

Imperialism: Fate of India 

I oh course joined Team Corgi because I have a Corgi mix and who can resist the stumps 

2 minutes ago, Ape said:

What has everyone picked up in the Steam Summer Sale/ What did you join for the Grand Prix?

Ive gotten:

Football Manager 19

Turmoil

Simple Planes

Kindergarten

Golf With Your Friends

Train Valley

Empire TV Tycoon

Poly Bridge

Portal 

Portal 2

I oh course joined Team Corgi because I have a Corgi mix and who can resist the stumps 

I stopped buying games because I just play them for an hour, then quit and play Dota instead. I should probably get FM 19 though.

3 minutes ago, Ape said:

Ive gotten:

Football Manager 19

Turmoil

Simple Planes

Kindergarten

Golf With Your Friends

Train Valley

Empire TV Tycoon

Poly Bridge

Portal 

Portal 2

Thinking about picking up Metro 2033 and Last Light, maybe Dishonored or Stellaris too

Just now, Soluna said:

I stopped buying games because I just play them for an hour, then quit and play Dota instead. I should probably get FM 19 though.

Nice been making a conscious effort to play all the ones I’ve bought. Already have plays some FM 19 (MLS roster rules are confusing and I’m not good), Turmoil (fun), Simple Planes (meh), Poly Bridge (Meh), Train Valley (alright), Empire TV Tycoon (Fun), Kindergarten (Meh). It’s hit or miss but I’m actually playing them so that’s an improvement. I look at it like most are cheaper than a movie ticket so if I get a couple hours out of them it’s a win 

1 minute ago, TheTacoOfDoom said:

Thinking about picking up Metro 2033 and Last Light, maybe Dishonored or Stellaris too

I bought Stellaris right when it came out and enjoyed it but haven’t played much since but I think it’s worth its price 

Interesting journey through famous instrumental pieces almost everyone knows

1 minute ago, TheTacoOfDoom said:

I came out as bi to a few of my friends today

I dont know if this is necessarily appropriate for me to say but its hilarious, I was watching Soluna's above instrumental video, your post popped up, clicked it, and as I viewed "I came out as bi" the 1812 Overture starts blasting. Perfect timing. I'm weak.

If you come out to any more friends pls blast 1812 Overture. (Also hope they took it nicely, a guy I went to high school with lost all of his hs friends because he came out as gay right after graduation, and they wanted nothing to do with him after that. I know hes doing alright for himself now, but thats still really shitty.)

5 minutes ago, TheTacoOfDoom said:

Good for you! Be who you want to be, if it doesn't directly affect others, and don't let anyone tell you you're wrong for it.

1 hour ago, TheTacoOfDoom said:

Being able to be public about your identity is a very empowering feeling. I’m personally proud of you for taking this step, and I wanna second what Soluna said. Be who you want be to be and be proud of that, and don’t let anyone try to knock you down from that.

Found out that my upcoming teaching trips changed.  Now heading to Vermont and Mississippi instead of Albany and the second week of NJ. Still away for 5 weeks though starting Sunday, schedule just looks like this now:

Ft. Knox, KY

Joint Base Dix-McGuire

Colchester, VT

Vicksburg, MS 

Ft. Leavenworth, KS

1 hour ago, Jieret said:

Found out that my upcoming teaching trips changed.  Now heading to Vermont and Mississippi instead of Albany and the second week of NJ. Still away for 5 weeks though starting Sunday, schedule just looks like this now:

Ft. Knox, KY

Joint Base Dix-McGuire

Colchester, VT

Vicksburg, MS 

Ft. Leavenworth, KS

I think I need to send you a care package of zebra mounds

12 hours ago, Soluna said:

I think I need to send you a care package of zebra mounds

So good, yet so bad for me.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:01 PM, TheTacoOfDoom said:

Seeing this made me want to say part of what I said in the 'how are you doing' thread. I hope it went well and that your friends supported you. Congrats on having the weight off your shoulders. I know the feeling and it's really nice.

This is the greatest Twitter thread I've ever seen: https://mobile.twitter.com/ronnyjowe/status/1147702697111556097

Tour de France choose your own adventure

Schedule's changed, not gone for 5 weeks straight... this time.  New Jersey (Joint Base Dix-McGuire) is off my schedule, so I get a week at home. 

Then Colchester, VT is happening (anyone know anything about Vermont?  I have no clue, never been)

Followed by a week in Mississippi. 

Then the Kansas trip immediately after changed to two weeks in Wichita - although that's in the air. 

That's followed by a week in Charlotte.

So my five-week stretch might have just been delayed.

In non-work things I'm trying to sell my house in North Carolina.  I have a potential buyer, but they're an investment firm so we'll see if they follow through once they look at it.  Because they've been interested I haven't done any work to get the place spruced up, and other potential buyers have been turned off - my last tenants apparently fucking smoked like chimneys in the house and decided they liked having a jungle in the backyard.

If these guys fall through I'm probably gonna have to have about $8000 in work done to get the house back in good shape.