Week 0 Is Kicking Off Again!!

TCU @ Penn State is this year's CFBHC Kick-Off Game.

Death By a Thousand Cuts

The end of the preseason brings on roster cuts for NFLHC teams, where the careers of many players will likely end.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

PRAISE PORTAL PHASE 2

The transfer portal continues, and we will soon see the conclusion of Phase 2.
Soluna

Who do you believe has played the greatest game for your CFBHC team?

Go the extra mile and list the stat line and the final result of the game. Which person do you think has had the best game for any CFBHC team you've coached. Best in this case can be craziest stats or the most meaningful statline to you.

easy for me.

Garrett Taylor in the Military Bowl against Georgia Tech in 2021.

http://cfbhc.com/index.php?/topic/22570-2021-bowl-games-day-11/

Garrett Taylor (MVP) - 12 receptions for  228 and 3 Touchdowns, 0 drops  0/0 F/L

Eric McLean probably has the 10 best offensive performances for a Rice player. Best one was probably week 1, 2022 against Eastern Michigan: 32/43, 535 yards, 7 TD, 0 INT. He had seven games with >400 yards, 5+ TD, 0 INT.

Best defensive performance would be Koren Donahue in week 2, 2018 against Oregon State. 6 tackles, 3 INT, 1 TD, and was named national defensive player of the week.

I'll go for the 2 guys that I think best represent my tenure here at Texas Tech:

Christian Barkley and Solomon McLaughlin

In 2018 when I finally sent BCB to the Shadow Realm, GCB had 2 performances that I would like to highlight.  

Week 14 @ Baylor 

Christian Barkley, TTU, 28 of 38 for 432 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

Heroic performance only to be stopped by Sean Bell's 28 for 180 yards, 3 TD night to lose 49-45 in a barnburner.  This clinched TCU's spot in the Big 12 championship game.

Week 16 vs TCU

Christian Barkley, TTU, 23 of 32 for 259 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

GCB plays his heart out and upsets #4 and previously unbeaten TCU for IMO my best win as coach of Texas Tech.

For Solomon there are so many options I could go with, but lets go with the one where he almost singlehandedly literally broke the sim.

2022 Week 3 vs USA

Solomon McLaughlin 30 for 307 yards, 5 TD with an 86 yard TD run as his longest of the night.  

This didn't have the same type of conference title implications that the other ones did, but it was a lot of fun to see Solomon almost break the sim :) 

2018 Week 4 Friday Night Football. It was my first game at Kansas State (and on the site) and #23 Houston came to town led by Joel King. King threw for 460 yards but got out-dueled by Aiden Higgins 4-9 for 28 yards performance.... wait...

maybe it was Dylan Stewart’s 205 yards and 3 TDs that put us on top. We won 38-35 and I was flying high and thought I was an amazing coach. Then the next week we got steamrolled by a horrible Louisiana Tech team and lost the next 9 games in a row (although we out the fear of God into @DangerZoneh late in the year and were a Martin Kay missed FG from winning that game and handing him his first loss of the year) 

40 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

2018 Week 4 Friday Night Football. It was my first game at Kansas State (and on the site) and #23 Houston came to town led by Joel King. King threw for 460 yards but got out-dueled by Aiden Higgins 4-9 for 28 yards performance.... wait...

maybe it was Dylan Stewart’s 205 yards and 3 TDs that put us on top. We won 38-35 and I was flying high and thought I was an amazing coach. Then the next week we got steamrolled by a horrible Louisiana Tech team and lost the next 9 games in a row (although we out the fear of God into @DangerZoneh late in the year and were a Martin Kay missed FG from winning that game and handing him his first loss of the year) 

What the hell is that game

Marcus Grant, ND, 1 FR, 10 Tackles, 1 TD

Orange Bowl, national semifinals. I know the stat line isn’t absurd but this was a game against 14-0 and national title favorite Alabama. The game went to overtime and my Irish pulled off a 33-30 OT loss. Grants performance was key in sending the team into the NCG. 

This was the 2nd game out of 3 in a row that the Irish beat  conference champion on the way to the national championship.

Im not great at remembering memorable performances but that playoff run I had defenders come up big all over the place 

Edward Mullins, TUL, 43 of 73 for 499 yards, 7 TD, 2 TD INT

It's still a crazy scoreline and I still don't understand how it happened.

Always been a fan of the game Marquise announced himself. 

Marquise Reed, CLEM, 6 for 205 yards, 2 TD

Marquise Reed, CLEM, 1 INT, 5 Tackles

I don't have too many highs, but there have been some high moments for me.

Central Michigan

Justin Brunson, CMU, 26 for 140 yards, 2 TD - still the best rushing performance I've had to date (Harley was more consistent at NCSU but never peaked that high), and it helped us knock off Toledo en route to our first ever bowl game.

NC State

Solomon Mahan, NCSU,  6 tackles, 2 FF, 1 FR - idk i'm not used to having a big-time playmaker at ILB, but Mahan was a hell of a leader against a pretty damn good running back in Kofi McCullough. Love that I have him for at least one more season.

Side note:

:ncsu: Brayden Shafer, 28 yd FG - 2:09 (3-0)

:ncsu: Brayden Shafer, 35 yd FG - 11:00 (6-0)

:ncsu: Brayden Shafer, 39 yd FG - 0:40 (9-0)

:ncsu: Brayden Shafer, 41 yd FG - 0:00 (26-24)

FINAL SCORE: NC State 26-24 Wake Forest

2.0/3.0 kicker being the clutchest player to ever play for me and also boots his first-ever 40+ yarder to get State to their first bowl game since 2016. I think that counts for something

4 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

That 2018 team skated on the skin of their teeth until it stopped working lmao. Should have been like 8-4 and went 11-1 in the regular season.

6 hours ago, Soluna said:

What the hell is that game

I know right? Imagine that being the first game you ever coached on the site lol

The very first game I coached on the site.  Texas A&M had basically been coachless for most of 2016 and all of 2017 up to that point.  @vtgorilla recruits me to the site because of a quarterback named Matty Swift (how could I say no to a name like that).  Matty had a good game that first game, but holy crap Jank.  

Adrian Jankowski, TAMU, 15 for 277 yards, 2 TD

We lost that game - probably because of scheme changes and what not, but we won our remaining games.  

Game 2 - This is the game where I decided I was going to draft J.C. Weldon.  

He had always been a great receiver, but he hadn't had that crazy, explosion, statement game.  Kansas had a good secondary, so this game is when I decided I had to get him in Miami.  

J.C. Weldon, WVU, 12 for 219 yards, 3 TD

10 minutes ago, smackemz said:

The very first game I coached on the site.  Texas A&M had basically been coachless for most of 2016 and all of 2017 up to that point.  @vtgorilla recruits me to the site because of a quarterback named Matty Swift (how could I say no to a name like that).  Matty had a good game that first game, but holy crap Jank.  

Adrian Jankowski, TAMU, 15 for 277 yards, 2 TD

We lost that game - probably because of scheme changes and what not, but we won our remaining games.  

What does it say about us that both of our best player performances were in the first game we ever coached?

7 hours ago, Isaac said:

Edward Mullins, TUL, 43 of 73 for 499 yards, 7 TD, 2 TD INT

It's still a crazy scoreline and I still don't understand how it happened.

Yeah, that was a crazy game. You beat me 63-56 without any overtime. My RB Kwendi Nkwenti had 26 for 148 yds, 4 TD with 2 rec for 51 yds, 1 TD. We might have been the two worst teams in the sim at that point.

Tulanes QBs the last 4 weeks of the season:

Week 11: Randall Moulton: 18/67 for 194 yds, 0 TD/ 6 INT

Week 12: Edward Mullins: 43/74 for 499 yds, 7 TD/ 2 INT

Week 13: Edward Mullins: 18/67 for 194 yds, 0 TD/ 4 INT

Week 14: Andrew Miller: 22/71 for 119 yds, 0 TD/ 8 INT

Mullins was a 1.0/2.5 (FR) and those were the only two games he played in his career.

Haven't had a lot of crazy stat lines but this performance stood out.  Second game with ND, coming off opening week loss.  Going up against the #2 team in the country and doubting my gameplan.  Made a change as I figured I'd get it out of the way and then the chemistry hit wouldn't affect the winnable games.  

Kalei Keil ran 25 times for 160 yards and a TD.  Put the team on his back.

1 hour ago, Bubada said:

Yeah, that was a crazy game. You beat me 63-56 without any overtime. My RB Kwendi Nkwenti had 26 for 148 yds, 4 TD with 2 rec for 51 yds, 1 TD. We might have been the two worst teams in the sim at that point.

Tulanes QBs the last 4 weeks of the season:

Week 11: Randall Moulton: 18/67 for 194 yds, 0 TD/ 6 INT

Week 12: Edward Mullins: 43/74 for 499 yds, 7 TD/ 2 INT

Week 13: Edward Mullins: 18/67 for 194 yds, 0 TD/ 4 INT

Week 14: Andrew Miller: 22/71 for 119 yds, 0 TD/ 8 INT

Mullins was a 1.0/2.5 (FR) and those were the only two games he played in his career.

What a crazy career and great story. Reminded me of this one like 2.0 WR I had at ND that never did anything but caught a TD pass in either a bowl game or last game of the year a senior I remember his stat line was like 1 catch for like 7 yards and a TD out of nowhere. 

The greatest single performance I have ever coached was at Colorado, Week 1, 2013.

Lenny Cartwright, 30 carries for 341 yards, and 5 TDs.

4 minutes ago, Rome said:

The greatest single performance I have ever coached was at Colorado, Week 1, 2013.

2013 games are unfair 

Oh man I have one more!  This one was the most bizarre.  

Denzel Negrete, TAMU, 3 for 159 yards, 2 TD

WR Denzel Negrete 6-0 184 Jr Broken Bow (Broken Bow OK) 2.5 of 2.5 [speed]

I'm pretty sure this guy only made 1 statsheet that whole season, and he just exploded all over Oregon.  

24 minutes ago, Rome said:

You would be the first one to use a 2013 game.

Notable school records:

Single game passing yards: Felix Luck, 35/51 for 421 yards and 4 TDs vs West Virginia 

Single game passing touchdowns: 4 TDs, accomplished 4 times. One in the above game, the other 3 by Nathan Burden. The most notable of these is definitely his bowl game performance. 

This was the school's first ever bowl game, Burden was a true freshman and went nuts against a still pretty stacked Ohio State team Might be the best in terms of significance.

Single game rushing yards: Bradley Cooley, 21 carries for 224 yards and a TD vs Oklahoma State. Unfortunately this game was in a loss that really hurt the season, but Cooper is pretty much the only good running back in school history so this deserves a mention. 

This game also is of note because it's the best receiving performance in school history, with Jamel Beckham setting the receiving yards record at 185 yards with 9 catches and 2 TDs.

Personal favorite performance: Daquan Darcey, 1 sack, 1 FR, 1 TD vs Texas A&M

This one needs a little bit of context. This is one of the biggest games in school history. It may not look like it at first, though, because TCU is a top 15 team and Texas A&M is like 4-5. However, just last year, TCU played Texas A&M, and the result was... well, let's just say it didn't go well: 

That was part of a 3-9 season. In TCU's first three years, we went 9-27, including that ugly 76-3 loss. So it was really big when just a year later, facing the same team, not only did we win, but we kept them out of the end zone! Our defense scored more TDs than their offense. They still had both Matty Swift and Adrian Jankowski and it didn't matter. True freshman Daquan Darcey came in and made the play of the game to win. It was absolutely incredible. This game will always have a place in my heart because of it.

Matt Jones' first game is probably one of the best statlines I ever had at Purdue: Matt Jones, PUR, 25 of 30 for 427 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

Purdue and Air Force was a series that ended 4-0, Purdue. This was the last time Descreto agreed to play me. Runnin' scared.

9 hours ago, DangerZoneh said:

Notable school records:

Single game passing yards: Felix Luck, 35/51 for 421 yards and 4 TDs vs West Virginia 

Single game passing touchdowns: 4 TDs, accomplished 4 times. One in the above game, the other 3 by Nathan Burden. The most notable of these is definitely his bowl game performance. 

This was the school's first ever bowl game, Burden was a true freshman and went nuts against a still pretty stacked Ohio State team Might be the best in terms of significance.

Single game rushing yards: Bradley Cooley, 21 carries for 224 yards and a TD vs Oklahoma State. Unfortunately this game was in a loss that really hurt the season, but Cooper is pretty much the only good running back in school history so this deserves a mention. 

This game also is of note because it's the best receiving performance in school history, with Jamel Beckham setting the receiving yards record at 185 yards with 9 catches and 2 TDs.

Personal favorite performance: Daquan Darcey, 1 sack, 1 FR, 1 TD vs Texas A&M

This one needs a little bit of context. This is one of the biggest games in school history. It may not look like it at first, though, because TCU is a top 15 team and Texas A&M is like 4-5. However, just last year, TCU played Texas A&M, and the result was... well, let's just say it didn't go well: 

That was part of a 3-9 season. In TCU's first three years, we went 9-27, including that ugly 76-3 loss. So it was really big when just a year later, facing the same team, not only did we win, but we kept them out of the end zone! Our defense scored more TDs than their offense. They still had both Matty Swift and Adrian Jankowski and it didn't matter. True freshman Daquan Darcey came in and made the play of the game to win. It was absolutely incredible. This game will always have a place in my heart because of it.

Wow I totally forgot Bradley Cooley played for you for some reason. Damn this post makes me want to read a story post about the history of TCU on the site lol.