Week 0 Is Kicking Off Again!!

TCU @ Penn State is this year's CFBHC Kick-Off Game.

Death By a Thousand Cuts

The end of the preseason brings on roster cuts for NFLHC teams, where the careers of many players will likely end.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

PRAISE PORTAL PHASE 2

The transfer portal continues, and we will soon see the conclusion of Phase 2.
Soluna

Who do you believe has played the greatest game for your CFBHC team?

On 7/1/2019 at 1:36 AM, ImposterCauster said:

Central Michigan

Justin Brunson, CMU, 26 for 140 yards, 2 TD - still the best rushing performance I've had to date (Harley was more consistent at NCSU but never peaked that high), and it helped us knock off Toledo en route to our first ever bowl game.

Brunson just was clutch in general

23 for 98 yards, 2 TD as the Chippewas knock off Iowa to earn their 6th win of the season, sending them to a bowl. It's not :salt: dominant like 2018, but Makai Carr would not have been able to put in that ground work. Brunson scored his 2nd TD with 3:50 left to put the Chips up 21-17.

but the week before is when he really shined through - against, you guessed it, #20 :salt:Justin Brunson, CMU, 28 for 120 yards, 1 TD

I can't believe I didn't start him at the beginning of 2019.

I wanted to include some Walt Sutherland at CMU in 2019, but at times Mike Naylor at Colorado this past year seemed to be better for me than Sutherland was, he just didn't have the historic resume yet (and didn't beat Toledo, so therefore hes worse :eyes: ).

DeSeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan is clearly the best player to ever play for me, but it's hard to necessarily see that a DB had the best game. Against Oregon this year he had a pick and 3 PD, and no tackles so its possible he didn't allow a catch, as the 7-2 Buffs beat the 8-2 Ducks in somewhat of a upset. But against Arizona in Week 9, he had 3 tackles, 3 INT, and 2 PD in a direct competition with his nemesis, Eric Hall (who had 1 INT and 3 PD). 

There’s like 4 or 5 stat lines I could choose from Isaac Tyson this past year, and it’s sad but MSU has never been prolific on offense, so I’d either have to go with his bowl game: 25/35 308 yards 4 tds and 29 yards rushing and another TD. 

Or earlier in the season true freshman Damian Metz getting 178 total return yards and a return TD. Pretty nuts imo

For Kent State:

Akron - 2020 Week 9

Context: in 2019 a Kent State team with no chance at a bowl stunned a competitive Zips team and barred them from reaching 6-6, but this year would be different. Akron had started a program best 6-0 behind the fierce rushing duo of TJ Zamora and Nathaniel Ruff. Kent State was 2-4. The score was 21-20 Kent State at half time, and a touchdown in the dying moments meant a 3rd win for the Flashes.

John Garland, KNT, 22 of 33 for 291 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

John Garland, KNT, 4 for 19 yards, 0 TD

This was the best career passing game in Kent State history by all measures. John Garland had rebounded from a horrific start to the year and was the baddest man in the country (in my eyes).

Miami (OH) - 2020 Week 15 

Context: We were 4-6 which was already above expectations. Only one pro potential on the roster. Coming up against the FLAMETHROWER Zack Cera who was leading a high flying 7-3 Redhawks squad. I was friendly with caesari and joked around before the game about a win. I had no confidence. According to storm we had a 12.7% chance of winning out to go to a bowl. One man didn't give a fuck about any of that.

John Garland: 18/29 for 305/3/0

John Garland:  4/54/1 and a long of 36 

Our chances jumped to 73% after that. Another record setting day from Garland and perhaps the finest performance from any Golden Flash apart from Emmett Spears. We were bowl bound after a win against CMU the following week. I don't think I will forget that season for a long time, and these two games may have fully drawn me into the site.

For Tennessee:

Auburn - 2021 Week 15

Context: The Vols started 1-4, but had turned it around to be 5-5. Tennessee took a trip to Jordan-Hare to play the unanimous #1 Tigers. Chaos ensued. Tennessee lead until the 4th quarter when Eric McCurdy sent the game to OT. The Vols won 30-27 and with no offensive standout the Volunteer victory was spearheaded by Parker.

Parker Holmes: 5 Tackles, 2 TFLs, 2.5 Sacks

Duke - 2022 Bowl Week

Context: I was 0-2 in bowl games and was pitted against a strong Duke team and Bryce Thompson, an electric (Jr) QB. He and Adrian Goldson are of the same age, and BT was seen as the champion QB in the class, while Goldy had been pretty average (quietly good in 2022). Goldson showed up on the biggest stage, securing Tennessee's 3rd bowl win with a great performance. 

Adrian Goldson: 21/30 for 280/3/1

One of the most efficient performances in his career in a vital moment for himself and the program.

Ezekiel Adams, ILL, 24 for 216 yards, 4 TD

In the early days of Illinois football Ezekiel Adams was THE offense. He was the one shining light on a roster full of bad/mediocre players. Opposing teams knew this and could play the run without having to take any risk; however, sometimes Adams went off anyway, and this was his best game ever. A 42-28 victory over Nebraska where the team had 6 rushing TDs and 297 rushing yards. To this day this game holds the school record in every single game rushing category as well as in total points scored. Not a bad performance from a 3.5 potential player.

13 hours ago, Soluna said:

Wow I totally forgot Bradley Cooley played for you for some reason. Damn this post makes me want to read a story post about the history of TCU on the site lol.

He was so good for us. JuCo RB who redshirted and then ran for 1500 yards and 15 TDs a year.He's probably the most consistent offensive player I've ever had. I'd love to do a story about the history of this team. It'd actually be a pretty cool idea for coaches who have had their team since 2013/2014 to tell the story of their 10 seasons. How many people are at the same school? I know inspiral and stormstopper are.

The answer will, of course, be James Otero against Oklahoma in 2014. But before I get to that, I'll talk about a few others.

Best single-game passing performance and best single-game receiving performance: Eric Jennings, KAN, 28 of 39 for 449 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT and Malcolm Davis, KAN, 10 for 206 yards, 1 TD vs. West Virginia, 2018 week 2

This was Mohammed Foster's debut, and the kid put us on our heels before we even had our cleats on. But once we got settled in, Jennings-to-Davis was unstoppable. We figured out that the best defense in this game was a good offense, and we needed all 48 points we scored to get out with a win.

-

Most dominant single-game performance: DeAndre Jackson, KAN, 14 of 19 for 226 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT; DeAndre Jackson, KAN, 9 for 203 yards, 2 TD vs. TCU, 2016 week 6

Granted, TCU was awful in 2015. But we very prominently had some awful games against awful teams that year and you can't make me talk about it. We scheme changed from spread to pistol right before this game, and man alive did it work out. It even made Paul Gibbs look like a good runningback instead of just being terrible like usual (and he eventually went back to being terrible), but DeAndre Jackson ascended to a higher plane of existence. He set career-highs for passer rating (which he never topped) and rushing yardage (which...well, see the next entry).

-

Biggest offensive single play: DeAndre Jackson, 95 yd TD run - 14:28 (14-13) (KAN) as part of the following performance: DeAndre Jackson, KAN, 9 of 16 for 132 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT; DeAndre Jackson, KAN, 12 for 204 yards, 1 TD vs. Oklahoma, 2015 week 7

The very next game, DeAndre went out and did it again, only this time it was against the undefeated and #1 team in the country and the eventual national champions. We were down 14-3 late in the first half, got a field goal, then got pinned deep in our own territory to start the second half. All Jackson did was call his own number and take it 95 yards to the house to make it a ballgame again. Paul Gibbs gave us the lead, Alejandro Aguirre tied it up, and then Joshua Stewart (who missed two go-ahead field goals in the fourth quarter in a loss to Washington earlier in the year) nailed the game-winner with a second left. Easily the biggest upset win I've ever had as a coach; hard to top giving a team its only loss of the season.

-

And finally:

Biggest defensive single play: Robert Medina, INT return for TD - 0:50 (21-14) (KAN) as part of the following performance: Robert Medina, KAN, 1 INT, 2 Tackles, 1 TD

Greatest single-game performance: James Otero, KAN, 20 for 174 yards, 3 TD

Both vs. Oklahoma, 2014 week 7 

This was my first year as a coach, and the one year I got to coach James Otero. He was already turning in brilliant performance after brilliant performance, but a loss to Baylor and close shaves against Army and TCU had me thinking we were due to come back down to earth. I re-evaluated my whole gameplan from top to bottom for this game. Made a few changes, realized that we matched up seriously well against Oklahoma, and the rest is history. Otero put the offense on his back, with Christopher Brooks playing the ultimate Brooksian game (zero mistakes, lots of small-impact but positive-impact plays). Medina had the pick-six that gave us the lead for good, and Ricky Rose's interception set up Otero's third TD to seal it. And we won out for the rest of the regular season, got revenge in the Big XII Championship Game, and the Sugar Bowl was cancelled due to an odd series of lightning strikes seemingly localized at the 50-yard line of the stadium.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:53 PM, stormstopper said:

-

And finally:

Biggest defensive single play: Robert Medina, INT return for TD - 0:50 (21-14) (KAN) as part of the following performance: Robert Medina, KAN, 1 INT, 2 Tackles, 1 TD

Greatest single-game performance: James Otero, KAN, 20 for 174 yards, 3 TD

Both vs. Oklahoma, 2014 week 7 

This was my first year as a coach, and the one year I got to coach James Otero. He was already turning in brilliant performance after brilliant performance, but a loss to Baylor and close shaves against Army and TCU had me thinking we were due to come back down to earth. I re-evaluated my whole gameplan from top to bottom for this game. Made a few changes, realized that we matched up seriously well against Oklahoma, and the rest is history. Otero put the offense on his back, with Christopher Brooks playing the ultimate Brooksian game (zero mistakes, lots of small-impact but positive-impact plays). Medina had the pick-six that gave us the lead for good, and Ricky Rose's interception set up Otero's third TD to seal it. And we won out for the rest of the regular season, got revenge in the Big XII Championship Game, and the Sugar Bowl was cancelled due to an odd series of lightning strikes seemingly localized at the 50-yard line of the stadium.

Kansas 2014 was pretty wild. Crazy highs and close games. They set the tone for how a 21-3 game should go. They also showed Baylor what's up in the rematch, so I can't be too upset about how they did that.

Also, I'm really not liking how many times TCU comes up in this thread.

2 hours ago, DangerZoneh said:

Also, I'm really not liking how many times TCU comes up in this thread.

Which immediately makes me think of THAT ONE TIME BRAYDEN GRUBER DID SOMETHING, even though I wasn't even on the site yet. 

But hey, at least you didn't lose that one!

Oregon's original stud at RB before I recruited Yeldon was Shawn Anderson. Here in 2015, he ran for 338 yards and 4 touchdowns in San Diego against the Aztecs. Anderson was actually one of the best backs of all time imo in college that never put it together in the pros. He's been my backup RB on the Panthers but I recently let him walk.

BTW the final score of this game was 73-21. 

9 minutes ago, Jieret said:

Which immediately makes me think of THAT ONE TIME BRAYDEN GRUBER DID SOMETHING, even though I wasn't even on the site yet. 

But hey, at least you didn't lose that one!

That was one of those games where I was like “hey they run the ball 40 times a game so I’m gonna play the run and blitz the LBs because that should work” and it literally never worked