Week 0 Is Kicking Off Again!!

TCU @ Penn State is this year's CFBHC Kick-Off Game.

Death By a Thousand Cuts

The end of the preseason brings on roster cuts for NFLHC teams, where the careers of many players will likely end.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

PRAISE PORTAL PHASE 2

The transfer portal continues, and we will soon see the conclusion of Phase 2.
vtgorilla

[2023] Dolphins' Mustafa Searches for Redemption This Weekend

Mustafa Searches for Redemption This Weekend

MIAMI - Mohamed Mustafa suited up for Week 1 of the preseason ready to show off how much he had improved after a year on the Dolphins’ practice squad. He logged 2 carries for -5 yards and a fumble before getting yanked from the lineup. But after several weeks in the smackems doghouse, Mustafa has reemerged on the Dolphins depth chart. He’ll be suiting up as the starting RB against the Redskins in the 4th preseason game in what might be his last shot to stay on a roster this season.

8miydnI.jpg

“I feel like I’ve got a lot to prove - to myself, to Coach @smackemz, and to the fans,” Mustafa commented during this morning’s team presser. And he does if he expects a cutthroat GM like smackems to keep him around after a second dismal outing.

The expectations exist for a reason. He had a stunning career at WVU, carrying the team to the playoffs his senior season. He once held the Big12 record for career carries and amassed over 4000 yards rushing in his time at WVU. 

But despite the stunning career statistics, he has always had strong critics. He finished a few collegiate seasons with fewer than 4 yards per carry and never really carried himself as a team leader. When the Dolphins took a flyer on him with their 6th round pick of the 2022 draft, there was some public grumbling on the local Miami AM sports radio station.

6_5523624.JPG

The 2022 pre-season seemed to back up the Phins’ decision however. Mustafa posted an early stat line of 15 for 50 which drew heavy praise from the Jaguars’ administration. Jags owner @Soluna commented during an ESPN interview, “I think that line shows some promise considering his skill level and who he was playing against.”

But there was no praise to be had 3 weeks ago; the silence has been deafening. With only two carries, few fans even spotted that he got playing time, not that he was really looking for people to notice his dismal showing. Mohamed commented, “I know I can do better. I’ve trained full-time, non-stop since I didn’t make the final roster cut last season. I met with the coaches to draw up a progress plan and try to lay out a path for my future. To then turn in a performance like that was really painful.”

special-package-box2_bis_blue.jpg

But then he perked up, “This week will be different! I met with Coach @smackemz and Scout @vtgorilla to create a plan. We drew up a special package for myself and a couple other guys who need a shot. We’re playing to our strengths instead of jumping into the rigid everyday gameplan. It’s going to be a lot of fun to stomp those Skins.”

We don’t really know what to expect - it’s the preseason after all - but you have to appreciate that renewed energy.

1 minute ago, vtgorilla said:

8miydnI.jpg

This is all I needed to see to like this post

I too was going to post Lion King related media today but it ended up extremely homoerotic and I didn't want Danger jacking it to my fantasy football media.

Is there anything specific that you're looking to see from him or just improvement from the last time out?

Come on Mustafa we believe in you!

10 minutes ago, joedchi said:

Is there anything specific that you're looking to see from him or just improvement from the last time out?

Running the right direction would be a start.. ha kidding.  

Ideally we would like to see progress. Hitting the right holes, taking care of the ball, blocking well for the quarterback.  

5 minutes ago, smackemz said:

Running the right direction would be a start.

That would be a good start.

2 hours ago, joedchi said:

That would be a good start.

In Week 1 we put him at Short Yardage RB, but -5 yards was a bit shorter than we anticipated.

If he underperforms again will he even make the practice squad? 

17 minutes ago, vtgorilla said:

In Week 1 we put him at Short Yardage RB, but -5 yards was a bit shorter than we anticipated.

-5 yard run though seems like someone up front didn't do their job. 

Just now, joedchi said:

-5 yard run though seems like someone up front didn't do their job. 

The other 2 RBs were functional though...

3 minutes ago, Ape said:

If he underperforms again will he even make the practice squad? 

I mean don't tell Mustafa, but Smackems is a huge WVU homer. I don't think he'd ever drop a Mountaineer willingly.