Week 0 Is Kicking Off Again!!

TCU @ Penn State is this year's CFBHC Kick-Off Game.

Death By a Thousand Cuts

The end of the preseason brings on roster cuts for NFLHC teams, where the careers of many players will likely end.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

PRAISE PORTAL PHASE 2

The transfer portal continues, and we will soon see the conclusion of Phase 2.
Ape

[2023] Transfer Portal: Redshirt Senior Watch

The Transfer Portal has opened (#PraisePortal) and there have been 24 Redshirt Seniors that have announced their intention to transfer. The only place that these players can transfer to are FCS programs. That means there are 24 guaranteed transfers to the 16 FCS programs this year. Let’s take a look at the transfers and potential landing spots for each one 

Let’s Start with the Quarterbacks. There are 3 really highly rated QBs coming into the FCS and another guy who can still make an impact for a program looming for a playoff push. 

QB Isaiah Best 6-4 199 (Sr) Port St. Lucie (Lucie, FL) 4.0 of 4.0 [Scrambling]

QB Jonathan Millard 6-4 200 (Sr) Valley City (City, ND) 3.0 of 3.0 [Scrambling]

QB Felix Luck 6-1 234 (Sr) Denison (Denison, TX) 4.5 of 4.5 [Pocket]

QB Lucas Beckwith 6-0 216 (Sr) Bridge City (City, TX) 4.5 of 4.5 [Scrambling]

Felix Luck is the most notable Redshirt Senior Transfer this year for sure. He has a winning pedigree and will want to play for one of those top FCS programs. Lucas Beckwith may not have gotten a completely fair deal at Texas (some may say he did but that might be the minority opinion) but he is a 4.5 Skilled Scrambler that could be an instant game changer for a FCS program trying to push into the top tier of the division or maintain their spot there. Isaiah Best could be the sneaky best QB in this group. He was a very talented Scrambler at Navy and will bring production with him if a team can make their offense work for him. Millard is an unknown out of Nebraska but he would be an upgrade for many programs at this level.

QB Felix Luck 6-1 234 (Sr) Denison (Denison, TX) 4.5 of 4.5 [Pocket]

Prediction: NDSU 50%, JMU 50%

I honestly think Luck will go to one of what I’m going to call the Big 4 (NDSU, ISU, EWU and JMU) the issue is EWU has Samuel Connor and ISU has a 4/4.5 Devon Wardwell who could redshirt but I don’t see them using their points to get another QB. That leaves NDSU and JMU. If JMU’s coach is around I think they might be willing to go all in on Luck. NDSU has two QBs that they like in 3.5/3.5 Zack McAllister and 3.5/4 Chris Meyers who is redshirting. I wouldn’t put it past SolutionA though to get the best possible player to extend his domination. At this point I’m putting it at a coin flip but I think if NDSU wants him he has the advantage of being able to make better promises. 

Prediction: 25% SDSU, 25% UC Davis, 25% New Hampshire, 25% Harvard

I could be completely off base here but I think Beckwith and Best  will draw a lot of interest in this second tier of FCS teams (lumping UCD here because I think Dacder is really committed to making them good). None of them has an amazing QB, UCD has someone with 4.0 potential but he’s very raw. There have been rumblings from both the South Dakota State and New Hampshire coaches about wanting to bring in Beckwith. I’m lumping these two together because I think they will end up at one of these programs. I will say that JMU also can sneak in here for one of them as well if they don’t get Luck 

QB Jonathan Millard 6-4 200 (Sr) Valley City (City, ND) 3.0 of 3.0 [Scrambling]

Prediction: FAMU 75%, 25% Yale/Portland State

FAMU looks to be the most QB hungry team in the FCS (1.0/3.5, 2.0/2.5, 1.0/1.0, and 1.0/1.5) they need someone that has a little bit of skill. Millard would be the true definition of stop-gap but could help make the difference between the playoffs and missing them. I’d put it higher but not sure if it’s in the plan for them. I put 25% on Yale or Portland State even though they are coachless on the off chance he doesn’t get bid on, but I really think he’s going to FAMU 

Runningbacks 

RB Jordan Lott 5-8 210 (Sr) Ripon (Ripon, CA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Speed]

RB Kenneth Love 5-10 204 (Sr) Notre Dame (Quincy, IL) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

RB Bryan Townsend 6-1 204 (Sr) Hall (Valley, IL) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

RB Wesley Bearden 5-7 233 (Sr) Goddard (Roswell, NM) 3.5 of 3.5 [Power]

RB Barack Holmes 5-10 206 (Sr) Saint Charles Community College (Saint Charles, MO) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

Holy Moley there are a lot of similar running backs coming to the FCS. Barack Holmes from Oklahoma State might be the most notable. Kenneth Love From Michigan and Bryan Townsend from Minnesota also have pro potential and can add immediately to a team in need. Lott and Bearden could be lower End FBS starters as well. 

RB Kenneth Love 5-10 204 (Sr) Notre Dame (Quincy, IL) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

RB Bryan Townsend 6-1 204 (Sr) Hall (Valley, IL) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

RB Barack Holmes 5-10 206 (Sr) Saint Charles Community College (Saint Charles, MO) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]

Prediction: EWU 50%, FAMU 10%, YSU 10%, Montana 10%, New Hampshire 10%, SDSU 10%

I really think that EWU will grab one of these 3 Running backs as their top transfer target. They have a couple 3.5s on their roster but not needing a QB they can put a bulk of their points on a 4.0 RB that could help Connor out. 

The other two I think will go to on the other 5 programs here, FAMU, Youngstown State, Montana, New Hampshire, South Dakota State. FAMU I think could also go big on a RB and still get Millard at QB. This would elevate them pretty big. Youngstown State doesn’t have anyone over 2.0 current skill at RB if their coach is still around grabbing any of the transfer RBs is a great idea. New Hampshire and South Dakota State have opportunistic coaches and they could grab a pro talent here. Montana I put in here as well because they like YSU don’t have anyone over 2.0 current skill at the position, if they put in bids grabbing any of the transfer RBs is a good idea. 

RB Wesley Bearden 5-7 233 (Sr) Goddard (Roswell, NM) 3.5 of 3.5 [Power]

RB Jordan Lott 5-8 210 (Sr) Ripon (Ripon, CA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Speed]

Prediction: FAMU, YSU, SDSU, Montana, New Hampshire all 20%

See above. Not sure who get the other two 4.0 RBs (pretty sure EWU should get one) but the 3.5s will be in play for whoever misses on the other ones. 

Fullbacks 

FB Cody Vogel 6-1 217 (Sr) Wenonah (Birmingham, AL) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]           

FB Isaac Youngblood 5-10 245 (Sr) Clay (Bend, IN) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]           

There isn’t much to say about Fullbacks. They are more important for run oriented teams and these two could be upgrades for the FCS Level (hell I’d love one at Texas if this was next season). 

FB Cody Vogel 6-1 217 (Sr) Wenonah (Birmingham, AL) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]           

FB Isaac Youngblood 5-10 245 (Sr) Clay (Bend, IN) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]           

Prediction: Delaware, North Dakota, UC Davis, Harvard all 25%

I’m not going to elaborate much here. Any of these programs would get a real boost from getting one of these FBs to block for them. I think Harvard will be the most likely to get one to help block for Cameron Whaley. UCD could also really use one and I don’t see these guys taking that much to get. 

Offensive Tackle 

OT Setu Avea 6-5 263 (Sr) Iola (Iola, KS) 4.0 of 4.0 [Run Blocking]

Avea brings pro potential to a spot that almost any team could use some, offensive tackle. Coming from Auburn he has a great amount of P5 knowledge and experiences. 

OT Setu Avea 6-5 263 (Sr) Iola (Iola, KS) 4.0 of 4.0 [Run Blocking]

Prediction: ISU 70%, Harvard30%

I really think Avea is Illinois States to lose. They don’t need a QB or RB so they can go all in on Avea. The same can be said for Harvard also to some extent, they need a QB more than ISU and maybe will go for one so I’ll give the edge to ISU here because I think they are more likely to go in on Avea. 

Guard

OG Ilan Lowery 6-7 297 (Sr) Elmira (Elmira, OR) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]

Lowery isn’t truly special but he could also be a huge boost to almost any line in the FCS.

OG Ilan Lowery 6-7 297 (Sr) Elmira (Elmira, OR) 3.5 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]

Prediction: ISU 50%, NDSU 50%

Either one of these programs could use a 3.5 OG to stabilize the line. It’s a coin toss to me really. If NDSU doesn’t go for luck I think I’d give them the edge for sure. If ISU gets both Avea and Lowery they might be my championship favorite (more than a homer pick) by stabilizing their line big time. 

Center 

C Eli Navarro 6-3 295 (Sr) Deary (Deary, ID) 3.0 of 3.0 [Pass Blocking]

C Eli Neff 6-4 246 (Sr) Oakdale (Oakdale, CA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Pass Blocking]

There are a couple Centers out there for these FCS teams to snap up. Neff from Stanford is better than Navarro but either one can start for an FCS squad no problem. 

C Eli Neff 6-4 246 (Sr) Oakdale (Oakdale, CA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Pass Blocking]

Prediction: NDSU 50%, JMU 50%

I think the champs might be more likely to go for Neff over Lowery at OG. They have some high potential OGs but not great Centers. I think getting Neff could be big for the Bizon. James Madison also needs a Center. I’m not sure what they’ll do if they go for Luck it’s unlikely they don’t go for Neff. If they skip out at QB (don’t think they should but that’s on them) Neff would be a nice get 

C Eli Navarro 6-3 295 (Sr) Deary (Deary, ID) 3.0 of 3.0 [Pass Blocking]

Prediction: FAMU, SDSU, EWU, Montana, North Dakota all 20%

Navarro could start for any of these teams (and some others) I’d give a slight lean to EWU but Montana is desolate at C so if they get actual bids in I think Navarro could be part of their plan to get to respectability. 

OLB

OLB Jason Galloway 6-1 240 (Sr) Copiah Academy (Gallman, MS) 3.0 of 3.0 [Blitz]

Galloway is transferring from Florida State so he brings some of that P5 experience for a year at FCS. He isn’t anything special but he could help a front 7 that has a hole to fill. 

OLB Jason Galloway 6-1 240 (Sr) Copiah Academy (Gallman, MS) 3.0 of 3.0 [Blitz]

Prediction: North Dakota, Yale, Portland State, EWU, Montana, UCD all 16.67%

Any of these teams could use a linebacker and as a 3/3 he might be a lower priority transfer target. I’ll leave it up in the air, EWU or UCD would be my actual top favorites if forced to pick. 

FS

FS Jaden Foster 5-11 210 (Sr) Bonham (Bonham, TX) 3.5 of 3.5 [Man Coverage]

Foster is coming from Oklahoma so I’ll be repetitive here and say P5 knowledge ya da ya da. 

FS Jaden Foster 5-11 210 (Sr) Bonham (Bonham, TX) 3.5 of 3.5 [Man Coverage]

Prediction: NDSU 30%, Delaware 40%, New Hampshire 30%

Don’t know what the Bizon plan on doing but Foster would be a slight boost on the back end for them. They have a 3/3 but Foster would represent something better if they aren’t spending on the QBs they might want to go and get upgrades at multiple spots and adding someone who could play in speciality packages or FS isn’t a bad idea. Delaware has a 2.5/2.5 so Foster would definitely be better than their current starter. Is this who they decide to spend on? Maybe. New Hampshire also has a 2.5/2.5 like Delaware. Does The Sam go and grab Foster? Does he spend big on a QB (more likely) does he clean up in transfers because the other half of FCS isn’t active enough. Probably.

SS

SS Hunter Holmes 5-11 204 (Sr) Powell (Powell, TN) 3.5 of 3.5 [Zone Coverage]

Holmes is coming out of Tennessee. He like Foster isn’t amazing but could definitely be a starter. Grabbing both safety’s together could be an interesting play by an FCS team. 

SS Hunter Holmes 5-11 204 (Sr) Powell (Powell, TN) 3.5 of 3.5 [Zone Coverage]

Prediction: ISU 40%, SDSU 40%, Harvard 20%

Illinois State doesn’t have a ton of skill at SS. Their top current skilled SS is only 2.0. They have an active coach and a need, if they get Avea and Holmes it’d be a good haul. SDSU and Harvard aren’t to be counted out as they both need some skill at the back end and Holmes offers it. 

Kicker

K Victor Shanks 5-9 221 (Sr) North Tahoe (City, NV) 3.5 of 3.5 [Power]                   

K Roman Lackey 5-7 178 (Sr) Fultondale (Birmingham, AL) 3.0 of 3.0 [Accuracy]               

K Alan Lockwood 6-1 162 (Sr) Glasgow (Glasgow, KY) 3.0 of 3.0 [Accuracy]               

K Aiden Hayden 6-3 151 (Sr) Padua Franciscan (Parma, OH) 3.5 of 3.5 [Accuracy]           

K Constantine Meier 6-3 222 (Sr) Saltsburg (Saltsburg, PA) 3.0 of 3.0 [Power]                       

FCS team need a Kicker? There are plenty of options here and I’m not really going to break them down one by one but upgrades are here for FCS teams. 

K Victor Shanks 5-9 221 (Sr) North Tahoe (City, NV) 3.5 of 3.5 [Power]               

K Roman Lackey 5-7 178 (Sr) Fultondale (Birmingham, AL) 3.0 of 3.0 [Accuracy]               

K Alan Lockwood 6-1 162 (Sr) Glasgow (Glasgow, KY) 3.0 of 3.0 [Accuracy]               

K Aiden Hayden 6-3 151 (Sr) Padua Franciscan (Parma, OH) 3.5 of 3.5 [Accuracy]           

K Constantine Meier 6-3 222 (Sr) Saltsburg (Saltsburg, PA) 3.0 of 3.0 [Power]                       

Prediction: New Hampshire, South Dakota State, FAMU, YSU, Montana whocares%

FAMU needs one of these badly so I think they are 100% likely to get one. Otherwise I really don’t know and if you’re still with me bless you but do you really care either? NH and SDSU have active coaches and could sneak in and get upgrades cheap. There’s a chance one or two might slip to the coachless FCS guys 

Punter 

P Jonathan Andrew 6-3 177 (Sr) Northeast (Macon, GA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Accuracy]

Andrew is the last redshirt Senior in the portal. We all know these teams in the FCS need to punt a lot so someone will want him 

P Jonathan Andrew 6-3 177 (Sr) Northeast (Macon, GA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Accuracy]

Prediction: FAMU 100%

I’m just going to say FAMU gets him because why not. Someone will want him but I’ll just go 100% on one person because I know this is all a crapshoot anyways. 

Seems like a lot more help available on offense.

15 minutes ago, Ape said:

Prediction: 25% SDSU, 25% UC Davis, 25% New Hampshire, 25% Harvard

If I'm Dacder at UC Davis, I go all in on Isaiah Best.  I have been a very vocal supporter of Best and with the WRs that UC Davis has, I would be pretty comfortable giving UCD a top 6 seed in the FCS Playoffs if he gets him.  Best was electric in 2021 and can create that same type of offense for UCD and allow for Tyrice Hicks to redshirt and learn for a season before he starts for the 1st time.

4 minutes ago, joedchi said:

Seems like a lot more help available on offense.

Mostly at QB and RB 9/24 of these guys are a QB or a RB. That’s also where most of the pro potential guys are. The only other one is Avea at OT

Not sure why NDSU would put all their points there if they already have a 4.0 at the position. Could probably fill another big hole their with those points

5 minutes ago, Ape said:

The only other one is Avea at OT

The teams with QBs already could make a really big push for him.

1 minute ago, joedchi said:

The teams with QBs already could make a really big push for him.

Yes. Like I said I think he’s ISUs to lose because they have no need for QB OR RB. 

3 minutes ago, Ape said:

Yes. Like I said I think he’s ISUs to lose because they have no need for QB OR RB. 

He would fit in really well in Normal. 

Wow this is pretty awesome @Ape

13 minutes ago, cultur3 said:

Not sure why NDSU would put all their points there if they already have a 4.0 at the position. Could probably fill another big hole their with those points

On Luck? They are redshirting the guy with 4.0 potential right now. So it comes down to do you think Luck will be better than Zack McAllister? And do you want to block someone else in the division from getting possibly the best QB in FCS (Connor would have a big word about that though)

Just now, VerifiedThing said:

Well now I know what to do with my points. Thanks @Ape!

Go get dem big boys to block and have the best line