Cotton Bowl: #1 SMU vs. #8 Washington

In a rematch of Week 12, where SMU defeated Washington 23-20, QBs Marcus Burden and Jake Davis face off once again.

Fiesta Bowl: #2 LSU vs. #7 Tennessee

In a rematch of the SEC Championship Game, won by LSU 13-7, Tigers OLB Leonard England will try to get the better of Vols QB Adrian Goldson for a second time.

Peach Bowl: #3 Oklahoma vs. #6 Duke

In a matchup of noted Heisman candidates, the Sooners and CB Elijah Williams will try to stop the potent Blue Devils offense led by QB Bryce Thompson.

CFBHC Bowl: #4 Michigan vs. #5 Florida

A playoff matchup of last year's bowl season, where Michigan won 24-17, sees Wolverines RB Nick Rowland try to outpace Gators QB Darion Harrison.

BROWNS WIN!!!!

In the final week, the Browns, led by RB Sean Bell's 156 yards and 2 TD, avoid a winless season by the skin of their teeth in Week 17 by defeating the Bengals 30-24 in OT.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

cultur3

What do you collect?

I’ve collected a variety of things since I was a little baby cultur3. Sports memorabilia, comics, art, boardgames, i’ll post some pictures in here later.  

Any fellow collectors here?

Wins over cultur3

Coffee mugs and Magic: the Gathering cards.  Used to collect comics and sports cards as well, but stopped that a long time ago.

I've had a man cave ever since moving into my house over 3.5 years ago, but it's still a giant mess - mostly because I have literally thousands of MtG cards and I still need to sort them properly so they're all over the place until I get them put away.

And then I buy more cards so that just adds to the amount of stuff to put away.

Maybe I'll put up a picture of that disaster area later.

Boardgames, rocks/minerals/fossils, DnD miniatures and miniature paints, trophies of CFBHC members I've met, Soccer scarves, and Lego Modular buildings and special edition stuff related to space.

unplayed steam games

Weight

2 minutes ago, npklemm said:

Weight

No, you’re cultivating mass

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Wins over cultur3

1-1 bitch

Just now, cultur3 said:

1-1 bitch

I never said I was done collecting

25 minutes ago, Soluna said:

trophies of CFBHC members I've met

ummm

bags under my eyes and sleep deprivation episodes. 

I had all of the mini helmets of all the big schools when I was little. I only wish they made those for ALL the FBS schools. Now I just collect student loan debt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I collect pins and always try to find them when I go places on vacation or get people I know to get one for me when they go places. 

Coffee mugs, penguin things (my family seems to think I'm a furry?)

Boardgames and Magic: The Gathering cards to an extent, but I'm selling a large portion of my MTG collection since I'd much rather have cards I'm actually going to use in decks (I'm looking to get back into Standard and have a couple Commander decks, and eventually into Modern) than just have boxes of stuff that just sits around. As for the board games, I don't have too many at the moment because I don't have a consistent play group, but the games I do have are fun and cover a decent ranges of complexity and mechanics so I can usually fit the situation.

@Jieret any notable cards that you already know you have?

1 minute ago, Quasar said:

Boardgames and Magic: The Gathering cards to an extent, but I'm selling a large portion of my MTG collection since I'd much rather have cards I'm actually going to use in decks (I'm looking to get back into Standard and have a couple Commander decks, and eventually into Modern) than just have boxes of stuff that just sits around. As for the board games, I don't have too many at the moment because I don't have a consistent play group, but the games I do have are fun and cover a decent ranges of complexity and mechanics so I can usually fit the situation.

@Jieret any notable cards that you already know you have?

I've been playing/collecting for a LONG time.

2 Volcanic Islands, a playset of Tundras, Tropical Islands, and Plateaus (all revised)

Playset of City of Traitors

2 Korean Mox Diamonds

Playset of Grim Monoliths

Playset of Force of Will

Sliver Queen

Jace, the Mind Sculptor (Eternal Masters)

Playset of Scalding Tarn

Playset of Liliana of the Veil (Innistrad)

Judge Promo Vampiric Tutor

Most of my notable cards are here: https://deckbox.org/sets/185265 (Some of the cards I said I have a playset of, the 4th is in a set I haven't put on Deckbox yet)

Sneakers, though I haven't gotten to add to my collection in a while.

50 minutes ago, Jieret said:

I've been playing/collecting for a LONG time.

2 Volcanic Islands, a playset of Tundras, Tropical Islands, and Plateaus (all revised)

Playset of City of Traitors

2 Korean Mox Diamonds

Playset of Grim Monoliths

Playset of Force of Will

Sliver Queen

Jace, the Mind Sculptor (Eternal Masters)

Playset of Scalding Tarn

Playset of Liliana of the Veil (Innistrad)

Judge Promo Vampiric Tutor

Most of my notable cards are here: https://deckbox.org/sets/185265 (Some of the cards I said I have a playset of, the 4th is in a set I haven't put on Deckbox yet)

That's some pretty good shit! What're you looking to collect next? Any chance of going after some Power? Also if you're ever interested in selling or handing stuff off, I don't have much money right now but maybe I might in the future :)

Probably not the Power 9, that's a bridge too far I think.  My current white whale is trying to finish sets of Korean Tempest block (Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus) and Korean Urza's Saga that I started about - what, 20 years ago?

After that I have no idea.

2 hours ago, cultur3 said:

Any fellow collectors here?

mostly disappointment and bad memories.

But i suppose shot glasses..even though ive never bought a single one. usually get them as gifts.

I do have some magic the gathering cards as well. i didnt realize we had fellow players here

1 hour ago, Rome said:

Coffee mugs, penguin things (my family seems to think I'm a furry?)

I actually collect Moose things, it's something I forgot and I have a VAST collection. It's my favorite animal so my mom gives me exclusively moose things.

Socks

i know it sounds lame but I love wearing fun socks, especially if I’m in a suit or something.

25 minutes ago, Weeze56m said:

shot glasses..even though ive never bought a single one. usually get them as gifts.

When the Lightning won the ECF in 2015, my mom got me a shot glass. (Thanks mom, I definitely want to remember what happened the next series :eyes:) I put it on display anyway.

Then my friend came over and saw it, and when he went to Germany, he brought one back. So now I had two shot glasses. Then another friend came over, saw I had 2 shot glasses, and when he went to Vegas, got me a Golden Knights one. 

So now I have three shot glasses, and its getting out of hand. I need to start putting these away before I host company. 

17 minutes ago, llamas said:

When the Lightning won the ECF in 2015, my mom got me a shot glass. (Thanks mom, I definitely want to remember what happened the next series :eyes:) I put it on display anyway.

Then my friend came over and saw it, and when he went to Germany, he brought one back. So now I had two shot glasses. Then another friend came over, saw I had 2 shot glasses, and when he went to Vegas, got me a Golden Knights one. 

So now I have three shot glasses, and its getting out of hand. I need to start putting these away before I host company. 

I will defienetly take that lighting one if you don't want it. :ph34r:

I think my first shot glass was given to me by an old boss when he went to vegas(thanks asshole, preferred a raise but i guess this will do). Then i think my cousin gave me one as a birthday gift, my ex gave me a bunch from all the vacations she did with out me(allows me to drink away the sting of your abandonment) and now people give me shot glasses as well becasue they think i collect them haha. Though, i might actually start collecting them since i do have a number of fairly cool ones. 

Was really into football cards growing up, I had a ton of them but I didn't take very good care of them. I had these little plastic footballs I got from some art supply store and would play countless games of like 8 on 8 with these cards, so a couple cards got bent up pretty bad. How good a player "was" usually depended on how good of an image was on his card, so Kelly Holcomb was actually a pretty big baller while Tim Brown sucked lol. The Vikings ones and the players I liked got protected in some of those collecting sheets, but I think my mom donated them long ago. 

I used to be really into collecting sports jerseys, I still have a decently large collection and occasionally add to it, but its nothing like it used to be. Jerseys can get pretty pricey, and most of my jersey budget has gotten transferred over to my semipro budget, so I guess I'm still getting jerseys, its just these ones have my name on the back instead of someone notable lmao. Every time I see a Goodwill I go to check out if they have any in stock, and I browse eBay wayyyyy too much looking for steals. I have a pretty deep Vikings collection, and then have some of players/teams I like, so I have a few NHL ones (Hedman, Stamkos, Parise, a blank Flyers black), a Travis Diener :marquette: jersey, a Todd Reesing-era :kansas: #5 jersey, etc. I also have a random Guinness hockey jersey (looks like the one below) and have discovered a cooler looking one with the Guinness Toucans on it, so I might grab one of those eventually.

91AupB1il-L._UX425_.jpg

I've started collecting more NFL-themed wall art lately (like, the past 5 years). Some of it is just posters I've found at Goodwill or bought "cheapish", so I have some 1990s and early 00s Packers posters I've let my dad borrow/have. Then I have things of my favorite players, ranging from posters (Russell Wilson) to pennants (a couple from when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl), various things from Etsy/Redbubble (so I have a more artsy Randy Moss poster hung in my room), a few framed Vikings-related newspapers (Moss' Hall of Fame Induction edition, and one from training camp in like 2015 that had some sweet artwork of Zimmer and Cordarrelle Patterson) and then some collector things like a Chad Greenway jersey card and an unopened box of Moss' Magic Crunch (think Flutie Flakes but Randy Moss). I'm much more willing to add to this collection for like $5-$25 a time, versus adding jerseys that vary from like $5 at Goodwill to $40 on eBay.