Éireannach Go Bragh

Notre Dame pulls off the first big upset of the season, defeating #14 Michigan by 10 points.

Luck of the Aggies

Former TCU QB Felix Luck is now a member of the UC Davis Aggies, thanks to the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Week 1 Kickoff: Seahawks @ Packers

The defending champion Green Bay Packers host the Seahawks to kick off the 2023 NFLHC season, the 10th in league history.

Place Your Bets!

The Betting Market is now open, place your bets for a selection of weekly games with some prop bets, such as Super Bowl odds.
Sign in to follow this  
Rome

[2023] RNN Preseason Power Ranking: Big Ten

The following is a power ranking by RNN graders of the Big Ten this season.

1. :minnesota: Minnesota Golden Gophers - 74.19

2. :maryland: Maryland Terrapins - 72.08

3. :PSU: Penn State Nittany Lions - 67.26

4. :illinois: Illinois Fighting Illini - 66.28

5. :michigan: Michigan Wolverines - 64.13

6. :purdue: Purdue Boilermakers - 62.05

7. :osu: Ohio State Buckeyes - 61.50

8. :indiana: Indiana Hoosiers - 60.67

9. :msu: Michigan State Spartans - 53.00

9. :rutgers: Rutgers Scarlet Knights - 53.00

11. :wisconsin: Wisconsin Badgers - 50.70

12. :nebraska: Nebraska Cornhuskers - 49.41

13. :nw: Northwestern Wildcats - 47.45

14. :iowa: Iowa Hawkeyes - 46.38

Note: These are based on rosters and are coaching independent.

Lots of really interesting teams to watch here. PSU has a lot of young talent, Illinois could be REALLY good, Minnesota is basically stacked top to bottom. Should be a really fun conference to watch! 

Maryland overrated AF though

11 minutes ago, DangerZoneh said:

Maryland overrated AF though

I think you're underestimating them. Will they be the second best team in the conference? Probably not. Do they have the talent and potential to make a serious splash? I definitely think so.

1 minute ago, Rome said:

Will they be the second best team in the conference? Probably not.

23 minutes ago, Rome said:

giphy.gif

Just now, inspiral said:

giphy.gif

The computer is allowed to have it's own opinions. I just entered the data.

6. :purdue: Purdue Boilermakers - 62.05

8. :indiana: Indiana Hoosiers - 60.67

tenor.gif?itemid=5698462

Maryland getting such high marks just seems so odd. Do they have a Coach right now? 

I trust the 5 teams right below Maryland than I do the Terps.

6 hours ago, Ape said:

Maryland getting such high marks just seems so odd. Do they have a Coach right now? 

Yea its tsweezy I think? I don't think they really have the top talent they need at skill positions to make the playoffs. But if their QB (Anderson I think is the kids name) can play well, they have a really good defense and they have a good enough OLine that they could win a game or two they weren't supposed to.

8 minutes ago, grv413 said:

Yea its tsweezy I think? I don't think they really have the top talent they need at skill positions to make the playoffs. But if their QB (Anderson I think is the kids name) can play well, they have a really good defense and they have a good enough OLine that they could win a game or two they weren't supposed to.

Old EMU?Ohio? Coach?

7 hours ago, Ape said:

Old EMU?Ohio? Coach?

I think he was the coach at EMU but I’m not certain

38 minutes ago, grv413 said:

I think he was the coach at EMU but I’m not certain

Yes, he was at EMU.

Bastard man @tsweezy came into EMU when they were 0-5 and then won 7 straight to make a bowl game. He was then our only bowl loss that year.

This feels really odd tbh. I don't think it's inaccurate really but it's just odd seeing Minnesota and Maryland projected to be the Top 2 

Hold up, what? I was not expecting to have any actual expectations here, wow that's crazy. Is this how much skill/potential is on the roster or does it include things like seniority/skill at key positions, etc..

2 hours ago, tsweezy said:

Hold up, what? I was not expecting to have any actual expectations here, wow that's crazy. Is this how much skill/potential is on the roster or does it include things like seniority/skill at key positions, etc..

It's based basically entirely on the players skill/potential across your whole roster. The formula is something like skill + half potential and then Rome does some formula with that to calculate the rating

On 7/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, ImposterCauster said:

This feels really odd tbh. I don't think it's inaccurate really but it's just odd seeing Minnesota and Maryland projected to be the Top 2 

Minnesota isn't bad actually. That first year of new recruiting really jumpstarted their roster (because they got basically every Minnesota player) and Lucas has kept the recruiting level up. Will be interesting to see how they do this year. I think Minnesota will be better than Maryland, but that's pretty much only because Minnesota has the 5/5 QB and Maryland only has the 4/4. Maryland's defense is pretty good though. Two 5/5 OLBs, a 5/5 FS, and on top of that they have a really good OLine, so their QB might be able to make something of it.

2 hours ago, grv413 said:

Minnesota isn't bad actually. That first year of new recruiting really jumpstarted their roster (because they got basically every Minnesota player) and Lucas has kept the recruiting level up. Will be interesting to see how they do this year. I think Minnesota will be better than Maryland, but that's pretty much only because Minnesota has the 5/5 QB and Maryland only has the 4/4. Maryland's defense is pretty good though. Two 5/5 OLBs, a 5/5 FS, and on top of that they have a really good OLine, so their QB might be able to make something of it.

Oh I didn't mean to say either were terrible or anything. It's just that seeing Minnesota and Maryland at the top after having years of Purdue/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State is jarring in a sense, ya know? I for one welcome this change though

38 minutes ago, ImposterCauster said:

Oh I didn't mean to say either were terrible or anything. It's just that seeing Minnesota and Maryland at the top after having years of Purdue/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State is jarring in a sense, ya know? I for one welcome this change though

Ohhhh I see what you're saying. Well.... I have bad news for you because I'm going to be back on top soon :ninja:

I am curious to see where Maryland goes under TSweezy. A lot of their talent is older, but they absolutely can keep it going if they have a good year. Just need those recruiting points next season.

1 hour ago, ImposterCauster said:

It's just that seeing Minnesota and Maryland at the top after having years of Purdue/Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State is jarring in a sense, ya know?

giphy.gif

On 7/20/2019 at 1:54 PM, Rome said:

The following is a power ranking by RNN graders of the Big Ten this season.

1. :minnesota: Minnesota Golden Gophers - 74.19

3. :PSU: Penn State Nittany Lions - 67.26

4. :illinois: Illinois Fighting Illini - 66.28

5. :michigan: Michigan Wolverines - 64.13

6. :purdue: Purdue Boilermakers - 62.05

7. :osu: Ohio State Buckeyes - 61.50

8. :indiana: Indiana Hoosiers - 60.67

9. :msu: Michigan State Spartans - 53.00

9. :rutgers: Rutgers Scarlet Knights - 53.00

11. :wisconsin: Wisconsin Badgers - 50.70

12. :nebraska: Nebraska Cornhuskers - 49.41

13. :nw: Northwestern Wildcats - 47.45

14. :iowa: Iowa Hawkeyes - 46.38

Note: These are based on rosters and are coaching independent.

Not the greatest situation to take over Northwestern...yikes.

12 hours ago, MasonAsher said:

Not the greatest situation to take over Northwestern...yikes.

Sorry about that...

2 hours ago, robcarlson77 said:

Sorry about that...

Heh, it's alright. You definitely had it trending in the right direction and I am excited to hopefully continue that. Doesn't help being in the toughest division in CFBHC though!

Would rather try and rebuild a team rather than to sustain a team at the top.

Edit* Not really rebuild, but continue to strengthen.

1 hour ago, MasonAsher said:

Heh, it's alright. You definitely had it trending in the right direction and I am excited to hopefully continue that. Doesn't help being in the toughest division in CFBHC though!

Would rather try and rebuild a team rather than to sustain a team at the top.

Edit* Not really rebuild, but continue to strengthen.

My recruiting ranking increased every year so hopefully you can continue that trend. I think if you can find a difference maker at QB, easier said than done, that should help a lot. McGuire pretty much carried the team to back-to-back bowl games.