Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

If You Can Dodge the Super Bowl, You Can Dodge a Ball

It's Pro Bowl season again, and with the return of the skills competition, Ron Rice (#97) will attempt to defend his dodgeball title.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

mahrowkeen

[2023] POTW Introduction

Hey C-USA coaches, my intention is to do a player of the week award for the conference. My plan is to give the awards based on my going through and choosing, not a vote. I don't want to depend on votes, not get them, and then have it die. I'm thinking offense, defense, special teams and either freshman or newcomer of the week. If y'all would like to participate and vote, I'll use this as way to determine if that's the route we should go.

@Bubada

@Ricky Campbell

@Rocketcan

@Wonderbread

@Isaac

@Qupax

@TheTacoOfDoom

@TheMooCows

@LamboThrone

@boogyman10

I think a vote would be nice. However if there is a lack of participation (not enough votes or none at all) then you could just say, "since you guys are LAZY and DUMB, I have to pick players FOR you." And then just pick them yourself.

Something like that.

14 minutes ago, Rocketcan said:

I think a vote would be nice. However if there is a lack of participation (not enough votes or none at all) then you could just say, "since you guys are LAZY and DUMB, I have to pick players FOR you." And then just pick them yourself.

Something like that.

If there is to be voting, it'll be in the private forum, right?

17 minutes ago, Rocketcan said:

Something like that.

Thats what I’m thinking. But if I don’t even get 50% response to this with tagging people to start, then it’ll probably just be me posting. I would rather a vote though. 

I thought my weekly posts about UTSA would help towards conference recruiting points. But it has to be about the conference as a whole, so that’s part of my motivation for doing this. 

Bubada has the weekly thing he does, so I’m just trying to help. One more conference thing and we’d max out the possible media points.

2 minutes ago, Isaac said:

If there is to be voting, it'll be in the private forum, right?

I’ll probably send out a ballot like Jumbo does with the Top 25 poll.

Yeah, I like it! As long as people actually vote, don't wanna make it too hard for you...

If two players tie, it’ll be a co-POTW. If 3 or more tie, then it’ll be a re-vote with just the players receiving votes.

Newcomer is anyone new to the conference. It can be a FR/(FR)/JUCO/transfer. Unless y’all would rather it be just a freshman award.

Special teams can be a K/P/KR/PR. Unfortunately we can’t track if guys made ST tackles. 

I’ll use this and make weekly reminder posts, likely Saturday after night games, to get votes in if we go that route. And I’ll link the google doc if we do that. That way I can get it posted Sunday.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to give ideas or confirm you like these.

Yeah, I'm down for that idea.

Just now, TheMooCows said:

I'm feeling real good at my chances for player of the week considering my team is the only one playing this week!

Better win before  <insert Rice player> wins it for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Better win before  <insert Rice player> wins it for the rest of the season.

I'll have you know an odu player won once last time i did a potw