Pope, Eric, the Second

#7 Oklahoma QB Eric Pope reclaimed his starting job, and proceeded to go 25/36 for 343 yards and 4 TD as Oklahoma routed Texas 52-13.

Devy Flexes His Guns in Miami

The Saints pull the upset over Miami. Saints QB Aaron Devereaux threw for 3 TD as the New Orleans defense held Miami to 5 rushing yards in the 31-27 victory.

Meep Meep

UTSA snaps #11 Rice's 26-game winning streak in CUSA games with a decisive 31-20 road victory. QB Justin Radford threw for 208 yards and had 3 total TDs.

Foster: Chicagoan for QB

Bears QB Mohammed Foster has come into his own as the team has jumped to a 6-3 start. Foster put up 102 on the ground, including a 45-yard TD, in a 20-10 victory over LA.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
npklemm

[2023] Liberty Preview

Coached by: Nobody

DC/Roster: http://cfbhc.com/index.php?/topic/20072-liberty-flames/

Key Players on Offense:

QB Garrett Cameron 6-7 228 (Fr) Indian River (Chesapeake VA) 2.5 of 3.5 [Pocket]

RB Charles Becker 5-9 173 Jr Tazewell (Tazewell, VA) 2.5 of 2.5 [Power]

WR William Perry 6-3 183 Sr Robinson (Fairfax, VA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Speed]

Garrett Cameron should take over for Oswaldo Stevenson, and it's not a moment too soon. Stevenson threw for 782 Yards with 5 TDs and 9 Picks on 47.59% for a QB Rating of 86.26. Cameron should immediately be a huge improvement at QB. Even if he throws for just 60% Completion, that's already a big boost to the offense. He's a bit of a statue in the pocket, but I don't think that lack of mobility will really hurt for the Flames. The Flames have some solid players out wide, and Cameron is muh better suited to take advantage of them. Charles Becker takes over for Timothy Gonzalez, who was the main focal point of the offense. The Senior (3/3) ran for 936 Yards with 5 TDs on 4.11 YPC. That was the bright spot of the offense last year. Yikes. Becker is not the player that Gonzalez was, which should mean that Liberty may flip the switch and throw the ball a ton. But, Becker will need to play a role. 3rd and Shorts needs to his time to shine, and he has to come up big then. If this team can't stay on the field on 3rd Downs, they have no chance of winning. William Perry was under-utilized last season to be kind. He had just 9 catches for 102 Yards and 1 TD. Passing last season was just not an option for this team. Oswaldo Stevenson was terrible. This year, Perry needs to have a larger role. He can stretch the field and open up everything underneath for DaeSean Grady (2/3.5 WR) and Aaron Santiago (3.5/3.5 TE). This team needs big plays on offense, and Perry is that guy to do it.

Key Players on Defense:

ILB Vincent Dillard 5-11 220 (So) Caroline (Milford, VA) 2.5 of 3.5 [Mike]

OLB Justin Villa 6-1 223 (Jr) Armstrong (Richmond, VA) 3.5 of 3.5 [Blitz]

SS Paul Moore 5-11 172 (Jr) Christiana (Newark, DE) 4.0 of 4.0 [Man Coverage]

Dillard lead the team in tackles last year, nabbing 50 of them. He added 4 TFL as well. The offense should be much improved, and so should the defense. And part of that improvement has to be through Dillard. His importance in the running game can not be overstated, the Flames' DL is very, very bad. Dillard will be the primary run stopper on this team. If he gets 50+ Tackles, and chip in a few extra TFL, this defense may make games a little competitive. Justin Villa is the primary pass rusher on the team now. He had 23 Tackles with 2 TFL and 1 Sack in 2022. He has to be much, much better. 1 Sack is not even close to being good enough. The secondary isn't good enough for this team to not get pressure on the QB. With the DL in front of him, Villa has to make a big impact and get after the QB consistently. The lone pro-caliber player on the team, SS Paul Moore has a lot of pressure on his shoulders. Moore had 44 Tackles in 2022. Which is an insane amount for a Safety. What that tells me is he cleans up the mistakes of all the players in front of him. The only thing I'd like to see him add to his game in 2023 is the ability to create some turnovers. Even 2-3 picks over the season, if in the right situation, could lead to a win.

Team Grades:

Offense - 25.33

Defense - 29.43

Special Teams - 0.00

Overall - 24.64

Schedule:

5AHpcnL.png

I see wins against: Nobody

I see losses against: Everybody

For a record of: 0-12

Losses that could flip to wins: UMASS

1-11 is the absolute best this team can do. And that even seems like a stretch. UMASS isn't good, but they have way more 3.5s starting. Liberty is in a bad way, and it's hard to see them getting better anytime soon.

I intentionally scheduled Liberty to see how high I can run up the score

Just realised Liberty plays every cusa east team except for FIU

7 minutes ago, Ape said:

I intentionally scheduled Liberty to see how high I can run up the score

I just need wins, that's why I scheduled them.