Paul World

Backup QB Paul Davenport has the Saints out to a surprise 2-0 start. He's also 13th in NFLHC in rushing yards.

Croots Pls

CFBHC recruiting, and Local Connections, start soon!
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Jamar

The Venting Spot

I got the idea from the CFBHC Talks threads that guys like @bingo415 and @HAFFnHAFF put up a while back, as well as from a hockey gear forum I used to frequent that has a thread just like it, that a place to keep our non - site related thoughts and frustrations can be useful, especially for the people who use this site as a place to talk to others about any sort of real - life things. Obviously, we have the shoutbox and the other site doesn't, so a lot of what would go in a thread like this gets put there, but I think a more permanent place for people to get stuff off their chest or just commiserate can be useful. If a mod wants this deleted I get it, but I think we're a fairly close community and this sort of thing can really help people. As great as the CFBHC Talks / No Judgement Threads are, they only last a few days, and I hope this one sticks around a little more permanently.

Edit: Here's the thread / website I'm talking about. If anyone else in the community here plays hockey it's a nice place to talk about equipment and the like. 

http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/topic/49114-the-venting-spot/?page=253 

They also have another thread called The Sweet Spot, which is exactly what it sounds like. If people want, I can make that too. 

Excellent idea!

I'm really fucking tired of job interviews and looking at postings. I've been at it for nearly 4 months now. 

58 minutes ago, Ape said:

I'm really fucking tired of job interviews and looking at postings. I've been at it for nearly 4 months now. 

Hey man, stay at it. It's tough now, but sometime in the future you'll get your break and all this work will pay off. Stay strong, okay? You got this!

1 hour ago, Ape said:

It probably took me about 6 months. Keep at it. Breaks seem to come when/where you least expect. 

You should not have given me access to this power.

I've been waiting two weeks for my referral to this one psychiatrist place nearby. I called in to see the status of it a week ago and the medical center I went to said it had gone through, so I called the psych place to see if I could schedule an appointment. Nada. I decide to drive in to that place today to see what was up. Turns out they hadn't received my referral. I drive over to the medical center to see what was happening. They said they had sent it out to the spot that I had just visited. I ask for a hand copy to deliver to them and I finally got my psych appointment scheduled for tomorrow but jesus christ I should not have had to deal with that kind of situation for two weeks when I've needed to see someone so badly. 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:05 PM, ImposterCauster said:

You should not have given me access to this power.

I've been waiting two weeks for my referral to this one psychiatrist place nearby. I called in to see the status of it a week ago and the medical center I went to said it had gone through, so I called the psych place to see if I could schedule an appointment. Nada. I decide to drive in to that place today to see what was up. Turns out they hadn't received my referral. I drive over to the medical center to see what was happening. They said they had sent it out to the spot that I had just visited. I ask for a hand copy to deliver to them and I finally got my psych appointment scheduled for tomorrow but jesus christ I should not have had to deal with that kind of situation for two weeks when I've needed to see someone so badly. 

I'm so sorry, access to services like that should be made as easy as possible considering how much it can help people. I hope the appointment helps, and if you need anything my PMs / Discord are always open.

In my own news, my dad was just informed he lost his job today because of some merger, and, because of the industry he works in (bond trading), that means today. Even if he wanted to come in before the merger finishes, he couldn't do anything without potentially getting into serious trouble. 

He's been through it before, I remember those times and how much trouble they were for my family, and I'm really worried now because I'm supposed to be off to college in a year and my sister still has three years of undergrad left. He's talking about switching careers and everything, I don't know what's going to happen. It's really messing with me and I'm scared and feel really guilty about pretty much everything. 

Edit: No severance either, which sucks. He also got in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago (the car that hit him was at fault), but if he doesn't have insurance that's going to fuck with everything as he tries to recover.

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

He's been through it before, I remember those times and how much trouble they were for my family, and I'm really worried now because I'm supposed to be off to college in a year and my sister still has three years of undergrad left. He's talking about switching careers and everything, I don't know what's going to happen. It's really messing with me and I'm scared and feel really guilty about pretty much everything. 

I’m sorry that your family has entered an uncertain time of underemployment again, and I hope that certainty returns soon. And, guilt is a very natural reaction at a time of uncertainty, especially when you’re starting a new chapter, but I would counsel you to channel that guilt energy into hard work that makes your college experience really count. Your parents are no doubt proud of you for going to school and are eager for you to continue your education, even at the press of cost in an uncertain time. To say “don’t feel guilty” is not honoring your feelings, but this is an important time in your life and I hope you move forward with confidence, even if you are aware how your parents are dealing with new challenges. 

You got this, man.

14 minutes ago, bingo415 said:

I’m sorry that your family has entered an uncertain time of underemployment again, and I hope that certainty returns soon. And, guilt is a very natural reaction at a time of uncertainty, especially when you’re starting a new chapter, but I would counsel you to channel that guilt energy into hard work that makes your college experience really count. Your parents are no doubt proud of you for going to school and are eager for you to continue your education, even at the press of cost in an uncertain time. To say “don’t feel guilty” is not honoring your feelings, but this is an important time in your life and I hope you move forward with confidence, even if you are aware how your parents are dealing with new challenges. 

You got this, man.

Thanks Bingo, I fell asleep for a little after I posted and between that and this I feel a lot better. 

On 7/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, Ape said:

I've now been turned down with over 10 in person interviews. I spent from 4 pm until about 9 am in bed. I'm very much over it. 

Feeling really broken. Hard to get motivation for anything right now. Relationship ended and it looks like for good. 

Don't know how much longer I'll be here.

35 minutes ago, ImposterCauster said:

Feeling really broken. Hard to get motivation for anything right now. Relationship ended and it looks like for good. 

Do you need to talk? 

On 8/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, ImposterCauster said:

If you need to, feel free to reach out, man. I know I self depricate a lot, but the only reason I even found CFBHC was because I had a major relationship end. 

I’m going to apologize (even though i’ve not erred, really) for recent inactivity on the site. After a week vacation in the Black Hills, with no cell/internet, we returned home to two hectic work weeks. Tomorrow (Friday) BingoJr heads in for his first surgery—a relatively common and low-risk surgery for kiddos to remove a thyroglossal cyst under his tongue. Understandably, that has eaten an amount of my focus. The following week, BingoJr (the source of all the consternation in life at present) starts kindergarten. Holy shit! How’d that happen!?!?!

I started on this site in late 2013 when we were expecting the birth of our first child, BingoJr (actually, his name is Alder...after the alder or alderwood tree...kind of a long name story). And now he’s 5 and getting on a bus at 6:30am to be in school. Damn. Shit went QUICKLY.

Anyway, long story short: i’ve been absent, not from a lack of desire to be here, but from that squishy thing called real shit. I’ma be back shortly...after I finish this 6 pack because I HAVE A KINDERGARTNER! Fuck!

cheers!

7 hours ago, bingo415 said:

I’m going to apologize (even though i’ve not erred, really) for recent inactivity on the site. After a week vacation in the Black Hills, with no cell/internet, we returned home to two hectic work weeks. Tomorrow (Friday) BingoJr heads in for his first surgery—a relatively common and low-risk surgery for kiddos to remove a thyroglossal cyst under his tongue. Understandably, that has eaten an amount of my focus. The following week, BingoJr (the source of all the consternation in life at present) starts kindergarten. Holy shit! How’d that happen!?!?!

I started on this site in late 2013 when we were expecting the birth of our first child, BingoJr (actually, his name is Alder...after the alder or alderwood tree...kind of a long name story). And now he’s 5 and getting on a bus at 6:30am to be in school. Damn. Shit went QUICKLY.

Anyway, long story short: i’ve been absent, not from a lack of desire to be here, but from that squishy thing called real shit. I’ma be back shortly...after I finish this 6 pack because I HAVE A KINDERGARTNER! Fuck!

cheers!

Well now I feel bad for tagging you in my status update. Hope surgery goes well for you guys and BingoJr is up and running around again in no time.  Both mine started Pre-K about 2 weeks ago and it's insane that they are already old enough to do that.  I remember being terrified of having a kid like it was yesterday.

8 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Well now I feel bad for tagging you in my status update. Hope surgery goes well for you guys and BingoJr is up and running around again in no time.  Both mine started Pre-K about 2 weeks ago and it's insane that they are already old enough to do that.  I remember being terrified of having a kid like it was yesterday.

No worries, man. That just shows how much you love the Power Rankings ;) (seriously, that never bothers me)

3 hours ago, bingo415 said:

No worries, man. That just shows how much you love the Power Rankings ;) (seriously, that never bothers me)

Don't let him fool you.  He only likes them because the Skins are 2-0

1 hour ago, smackemz said:

Don't let him fool you.  He only likes them because the Skins are 2-0

Nah. I always enjoy reading what other people think of my team and getting those around the league snap shots. 

But it it is nice being undefeated. Want as many good articles before we lose as possible 

Wanted to keep this thread alive. Also Econ 101 is somehow kicking my ass.

Fuck AP Stats

It feels like I don't matter to my friends. I literally cannot remember the last time one of my IRL friends actually tried to just strike up a conversation with me. I could probably get away with not having a phone. The worst of it is that I don't even feel like I'm even relevant to my closest friend, like I'm in tenth place to her when she means so much to me, and it's made me feel for the last few days like I shouldn't be friends with her anymore if that's really the case. I'm starting to worry that I won't get any better at socializing in college or as an adult, or that I've even made the right decision when it comes to college. I have so many different feelings right now that I can't even remember to write them down or try to sort through them and see which are valid and which aren't. It really sucks, especially since I'm not usually down like this and I don't know how to handle it.