Cotton Bowl: #1 SMU vs. #8 Washington

In a rematch of Week 12, where SMU defeated Washington 23-20, QBs Marcus Burden and Jake Davis face off once again.

Fiesta Bowl: #2 LSU vs. #7 Tennessee

In a rematch of the SEC Championship Game, won by LSU 13-7, Tigers OLB Leonard England will try to get the better of Vols QB Adrian Goldson for a second time.

Peach Bowl: #3 Oklahoma vs. #6 Duke

In a matchup of noted Heisman candidates, the Sooners and CB Elijah Williams will try to stop the potent Blue Devils offense led by QB Bryce Thompson.

CFBHC Bowl: #4 Michigan vs. #5 Florida

A playoff matchup of last year's bowl season, where Michigan won 24-17, sees Wolverines RB Nick Rowland try to outpace Gators QB Darion Harrison.

BROWNS WIN!!!!

In the final week, the Browns, led by RB Sean Bell's 156 yards and 2 TD, avoid a winless season by the skin of their teeth in Week 17 by defeating the Bengals 30-24 in OT.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
Darman

The BOFA 10 Year Project Episode One: 2013

Attached is a PDF that also contains the same stuff in it. 

The #JJ4Heisman hype train was so real and hyped. The first gameplans allowed for comical amounts of offense and the QBs were very hyped 

If anyone is wondering heres what a week 1 2013 plan looked like. Originally posted December 11th 2013

Week 1

Offensive Gameplan

Play-calling: Conservative vs Risky - Conservative play-calling is the steady way to move the football, you will have less explosive plays but also less turnovers while risky play-calling will give you more of both.

Scheme: One-back, two-back, balanced. overload - Overload focuses on having more receivers towards one side of the field and works well with target men, balanced uses the whole field, two-back is the traditional I-formation, one-back focuses on the quarterback to make plays.

Play proportion: Mostly pass vs Balanced vs Mostly Run

Passing: Short vs Long - Focus on either dump passes or long bombs.

Rushing: Inside vs Outside - Match your RB skill with your play-calling. Power backs will do better rushing inside while speed backs will do better following blockers towards the outside.

Redzone: Go for TD vs Go for Points - Going for TD entails that on a 4th and 1 on the opponents 1 you will attempt to go for the 6 points while going for points simply means you will go for the FG.

FG Range: 30, 40, 50, 60 - What is the longest FG that should be attempted.

Defensive Gameplan

Coverage: Man vs Zone - Relatively self-explanatory

Scheme: 4-3 vs 3-4 - This should all be based off of where your skill players are and how many of them you have.

Set: Play the pass vs balanced vs play the run - Each set will give it's benefits depending on which offense it faces.

Aggresiveness: Aggressive vs Conservative - Aggressive defensive play will result in a higher chance of turnovers but also in a higher chance of penalties while conservative defensive play reduces both.

This is really fascinating, can't wait to see more. Lots of history for me to catch up on.

Also, the logo is in SD instead of HD because of how long ago this season was

1 hour ago, Dr_Novella said:

This is really fascinating, can't wait to see more. Lots of history for me to catch up on.

I wasn't around for 2013, tho my brother was. So it was fascinating to read all about this season. It took me a while to write this just because I was reading up so much about it 

That was a fun read and as someone that is fairly new I’m already looking forward to future instalments. Thanks for doing this!

Great to get to know more about the history of the site. This is one of the areas that I felt most "behind" in when I first joined.

1 hour ago, CoachAnson said:

Great to get to know more about the history of the site. This is one of the areas that I felt most "behind" in when I first joined.

That's one of my big objectives with this. I wanted to know more about the sites history, and I wanted some things to be more chronicled

This is fantastic! Covers a whole lot, and the nostalgia and hype for that first season is still immense.

thanks for this!