Hoosier Daddy?

The last undefeated team in the Big Ten is... Indiana?!?! The Hoosiers went on the road and dominated Wisconsin en route to a 31-17 win.

Wegrets as QBs Wheeled Out For Season

Jets QB Erik Wegert severely ruptured his PCL on TNF, and Titans QB Thomas Wheeler tore his rotator cuff Sunday, significantly hurting the hopes of both teams for 2023.

Horned Frogs SteAMRALled

#6 Oklahoma State took it to TCU, going up 28-7 at halftime and winning 38-14. RB Amral Brown came up huge with 142 rushing yards and 2 TD.

100-yard Curse Blackballed

The Colts hadn't had a 100-yard rushing game since Tony Peaks posted 150 and 2 TD in Week 17 of 2018. 2 games of JB Blacknall later, a 5-year drought is broken.

Catch Or No Catch?

Bengals WR Adrian Jankowski was furious that this catch on MNF didn't count, and it led to a tantrum and fine. Was it a catch? Depends on the perspective.
Curby4

Position U: The CFBHC Programs That Produce the Best Running Backs

Running Back U

File:Jaz-Durant.jpg

I am back with another Position U and today, we will be acknowledging the Top 10 programs that have produced the best running backs in CFBHC. While picking the Top 10 programs of QBU, I noticed dominant programs like Missouri :mizzou:, Florida State :fsu:, and Wisconsin :wisconsin:. This was not the case however, when it came to picking the Top 10 programs of RBU. Almost every college football program has had talented running backs and many have had more than one. Some programs like Auburn :auburn: and Florida State:fsu: rose above the rest of the competition but, I cannot fail to mention the smaller programs like Western Michigan :wmu:, which may soon be in the Top 10. Just like last time, I chose my Top 10 programs based on where their running backs were drafted, their stats, individual awards, and the longevity of their NFL career. 

I was torn between Florida State :fsu: and Auburn :auburn: on who to give the number one spot to but, I ultimately went with Auburn because they have the only running back to win a Heisman (Jaz Durant). The 10th and final spot was also tough because I was trying to decide between Florida :florida: and LSU :lsu:. Florida's running backs had better college stats than LSU but, LSU has had running backs that were drafted higher and have had better NFL careers than that of Florida's running backs, so I went with LSU for the final spot. 

*Heisman Winner

^Doak Walker Award (2x Winner Sterling Brown (Texas) )

Top 10 RB Programs

1. Auburn :auburn:

Notable Running Backs: Rob Blackmon (2010-2013), Lionel Dickinson (2012-2015), Ben Offerdahl (2013-2017), *^Jaz Durant (2015-2018), and Jermaine Lockett (2016-2019)

2. Florida State :fsu:

Notable Running Backs: Tony Peaks (2010-2013), Akili Wallace (2012-2015), ^Mike Latta (2013-2016), and Elijah Harden (2016-2019)

3. UCF :ucf:

Notable Running Backs: Trace Buchanan (2010-2013), Travis Diana (2011-2014), Buzz Etcheverry (2012-2016), and ^DeNorris Jackson (2016-2020) 

4. Oklahoma :ou:

Notable Running Backs: J.J. Hammond (2010-2013), Greg Hadnot (2012-2015), Sean Egloff (2014-2018), and Maurice White (2018-2022)

5. Wisconsin :wisconsin:

Notable Running Backs: Asante Sowell (2014-2018) and Jamal Trufant (2018-2022)

6. Texas :texas:

Notable Running Backs: ^^Sterling Brown (2012-2015) and Simeon Wells (2019-2022) 

7. Oregon :oregon:

Notable Running Backs: Shawn Anderson (2013-2016) and ^Trevon Yeldon (2018-2021)

8. USC :usc:

Notable Running Backs: Chester Henson (2011-2013), Jerry Rambo (2013-2015), and Bernard Shook (2018-2021)

9. Notre Dame :nd:

Notable Running Backs: James Bush (2010-2013), Nick Engelberger (2013-2016), and Kalei Keil (2017-2020)

10.  LSU :lsu:

Notable Running Backs: Vaughn Abraham (2011-2013), Ed Latta (2011-2014), Jayden Huff (2017-2020), and Kenyon Randall (2017-2021)

Honorable Mention

Kansas :kansas:

Virginia Tech :vt:

Florida :florida:

Mississippi State :msst:

Iowa :iowa:

Boise State :boise:

Purdue :purdue:

SMU :smu:

Western Michigan :wmu:

Once again let me know what teams should be higher or lower on this list. Also let me know what teams or players I missed entirely. 

1 minute ago, Curby4 said:

9Notre Dame :nd:

Notable Running Backs: James Bush (2010-2013), Nick Engelberger (2013-2016), and Kalei Keil (2017-2020)

Pleasantly surprised by this one 

This list is heavily missing the greatest Running Back to have ever existed: Solomon McLaughlin

7 minutes ago, acewulf said:

This list is heavily missing the greatest Running Back to have ever existed: Solomon McLaughlin

I missed one lol  

Honorable Mention

Solomon McLaughlin 

Just now, Curby4 said:

I missed one lol  

Honorable Mention

Solomon McLaughlin 

I fixed this for you:

#1: Texas Tech
Solomon McLaughlin is the greatest RB to have ever existed

Wisconsin is a little undervalued here because I went straight from Sowell to Trufant which is 8 of the 10 years. Pretty hard to have more RBs when you have two superstars 

Volume, but our quality hasn't been the best.

Watch out for the Mean Green

It's a shame Jeff Collett and Marshawn Matthison haven't been explosive in the pros. State's offense has been erratic at times but we've historically had okay RBs.

Baylor and Iowa State aren't on that Honorable Mentions list. Both are excellent programs that have been prominent every time each have had a powerhouse RB. Iowa State managed to make it into the 2018 Playoffs thanks to Pacheco, and same with Baylor the year after with Sean Bell. They don't have any other runningbacks, but I'd argue a season or two later that both teams would be reputable enough to at least mention.

BU's Notable Runningbacks: Sean Bell (2016-2019), 2019 Doak Walker Award Winner & 2019 All American RB, Miles Street (2020 - Now), Carlos Bowden (2022 - Now)

ISU's Notable Runningbacks: Arturo Pacheco (2016 (?) -2019), Kofi McCullough (2021 - Now)

Agree with Tuscan above. 

I think LSU’s got the two best pro backs: Abraham and Randall. But this is a great list. RB isn’t quite as premium a position, from this list, as I would have thought.

LSU at 10 with those running backs is a travesty. Vaughn, Latta, and Randall only started for a year each but even ignoring pro success they were miles better college running backs than a lot of those other guys listed

10 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

ISU's Notable Runningbacks: Arturo Pacheco (2016 (?) -2019), Kofi McCullough (2021 - Now)

Don't forget about Fullback Marc Ladner. Somehow I feel like he has the most rushing yards for a fullback in the sim

13 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

Baylor and Iowa State aren't on that Honorable Mentions list. Both are excellent programs that have been prominent every time each have had a powerhouse RB. Iowa State managed to make it into the 2018 Playoffs thanks to Pacheco, and same with Baylor the year after with Sean Bell. They don't have any other runningbacks, but I'd argue a season or two later that both teams would be reputable enough to at least mention.

BU's Notable Runningbacks: Sean Bell (2016-2019), 2019 Doak Walker Award Winner & 2019 All American RB, Miles Street (2020 - Now), Carlos Bowden (2022 - Now)

I think @Curby4 wasn't including current college players, judging from his statement about how WMU didn't make the top-10 yet but probably will soon.  

( <3 u, DeSean Madison)

3 hours ago, cmcgill said:

LSU at 10 with those running backs is a travesty. Vaughn, Latta, and Randall only started for a year each but even ignoring pro success they were miles better college running backs than a lot of those other guys listed

It was hard to see how good Vaughn and Latta were based on their college stats. Both only started one season but, their stats were not great when compared to other programs. Latta had under 1,000 yards and Vaughn had 1,059 yards. Both of them also had only 12 rushing touchdpwns. Programs like USC and Notre Dame had running backs who rushed for over 1,500 yards and had more than 20 touchdowns. Just based on college stats alone it is difficult to say that LSU has had better running backs than say USC or Notre Dame. This could be from LSU having talent at other positions or it could be from only having one year of stats to go on. 

Id probably go FSU or Wisconsin as the top one honestly.