Hoosier Daddy?

The last undefeated team in the Big Ten is... Indiana?!?! The Hoosiers went on the road and dominated Wisconsin en route to a 31-17 win.

Wegrets as QBs Wheeled Out For Season

Jets QB Erik Wegert severely ruptured his PCL on TNF, and Titans QB Thomas Wheeler tore his rotator cuff Sunday, significantly hurting the hopes of both teams for 2023.

Horned Frogs SteAMRALled

#6 Oklahoma State took it to TCU, going up 28-7 at halftime and winning 38-14. RB Amral Brown came up huge with 142 rushing yards and 2 TD.

100-yard Curse Blackballed

The Colts hadn't had a 100-yard rushing game since Tony Peaks posted 150 and 2 TD in Week 17 of 2018. 2 games of JB Blacknall later, a 5-year drought is broken.

Catch Or No Catch?

Bengals WR Adrian Jankowski was furious that this catch on MNF didn't count, and it led to a tantrum and fine. Was it a catch? Depends on the perspective.
Sign in to follow this  
Osu

UDReview: The Weekly Blue Hen [Week 5 2023]

SpVIETV.jpg

This Week's Blue Hen is...

Outside Linebacker

Roger Odom

HI0lBdv.jpg

Roger Odom is quite possible the most highly touted players to ever come out of UD. Easily the best coverage linebacker currently on the Blue Hen's roster, Odom has cemented himself as one of the top linebackers in the FCS. The 6-1 linebacker from Middletown Delaware contributes to the small percentage of home grown talent from Delaware. If Eddie Mills Jr. is the heart of the UD defense, then Odom is the soul.

Odom is a criminally underrated linebacker because he doesn't show up on a stat sheet very often. While many linebackers on NFL scouts' boards are there due to their physical presence and athleticism, Odom stands out as one of the few backers who can really move in coverage. Just through 5 weeks this year he has 1 pass defended, and 1 interception, along with 8 solo tackles. Mills is the only defensive player for the Hens that has a legit chance of being a fairly high draft pick. Odom says his dream since he's been a little kid has been to go play in the NFL. "Being a little kid and growing up in a small state like Delaware, you have to know your chances of going pro are slim. Even just going to an FCS school like Delaware lowers your chances, but I've been grinding so much and I know I can get there. But before any of that happens we gotta go win this chip."

Like we stated earlier it's pretty rare to have a player of Odom's caliber come out of the home state. Coach Osu spoke to us about out of state talent and Odom's impact on the team. "Roger helps show some of these in-state kids that they can be stars too. Many of the kids I see in the state just don't work that hard. Hey man I grew up here, I know how difficult it can be to be found in this area. But it doesn't matter you have to work hard, and we strive to find those kids in a and out of state. Roger is a dog, thats the best way for me to explain it, he works day in and out to become the best football player he can be. That should be inspiration for anyone who wants to be a part of this football team."

We hope to see Roger in the NFL soon!

tlYTY62.png