Hoosier Daddy?

The last undefeated team in the Big Ten is... Indiana?!?! The Hoosiers went on the road and dominated Wisconsin en route to a 31-17 win.

Wegrets as QBs Wheeled Out For Season

Jets QB Erik Wegert severely ruptured his PCL on TNF, and Titans QB Thomas Wheeler tore his rotator cuff Sunday, significantly hurting the hopes of both teams for 2023.

Horned Frogs SteAMRALled

#6 Oklahoma State took it to TCU, going up 28-7 at halftime and winning 38-14. RB Amral Brown came up huge with 142 rushing yards and 2 TD.

100-yard Curse Blackballed

The Colts hadn't had a 100-yard rushing game since Tony Peaks posted 150 and 2 TD in Week 17 of 2018. 2 games of JB Blacknall later, a 5-year drought is broken.

Catch Or No Catch?

Bengals WR Adrian Jankowski was furious that this catch on MNF didn't count, and it led to a tantrum and fine. Was it a catch? Depends on the perspective.
Soluna

Elite Prospects (Sim Rules Discussion)

I like how this is a pretty perfect information game. I don't think it's wise to take information away from the players. This is to say that if we're going to add variable potential or elite recruit, legendary type players, it should be done by giving us more information. We already have such a range of 5.0s which I think is a really good thing. This would be a way to recognize which 5.0s are more likely to be stars instead of busts. Every once in a while IRL there's a recruit that EVERYONE knows is going to be legendary. Jadeveon Clowney is a good example of this. There are only a handful of recruits like that and I think as such we should keep anything like this rare.

50 minutes ago, DangerZoneh said:

I like how this is a pretty perfect information game. I don't think it's wise to take information away from the players. This is to say that if we're going to add variable potential or elite recruit, legendary type players, it should be done by giving us more information. We already have such a range of 5.0s which I think is a really good thing. This would be a way to recognize which 5.0s are more likely to be stars instead of busts. Every once in a while IRL there's a recruit that EVERYONE knows is going to be legendary. Jadeveon Clowney is a good example of this. There are only a handful of recruits like that and I think as such we should keep anything like this rare.

The fact Danger disagrees leads me to agree with this feature. Let the proletariat seize the elite!

Just now, Azul said:

The fact Danger disagrees leads me to agree with this feature. Let the proletariat seize the elite!

FWIW, any changes like this probably benefit me. If there were a can't miss, 5.5 potential guaranteed star, it'd be really hard to pull him away from me in most situations. 

Just now, DangerZoneh said:

FWIW, any changes like this probably benefit me. If there were a can't miss, 5.5 potential guaranteed star, it'd be really hard to pull him away from me in most situations. 

It was tongue in cheek, just busting your balls; but there is some real concern that having 5.5 stars obvious and public would only benefit the best teams.

I love this idea! The higher tier teams have all the recruiting points in the sim to spend on the top talent, causing lesser talented teams struggle to compete in recruiting and games. Currently the top tier teams have the most points, to spend on the higher tier recruits, to beat lesser teams on the field, that earns them more recruiting points and that is causing a vicious cycle in the sim.

Adding this element can add more volatility to the sim and make it a lot more exciting in my opinion but still be realistic.

I can't tell you how much I love this idea. Having a few rare players being able to eclipse their potential adds a little realism. Not to mention it would be a nice little surprise for smaller teams who have a hard time competing with the recruiting powerhouses. I don't think it would be a big enough impact to change the landscape of the sim, but would be enough for some teams to get 1 or 2 more wins, which could be a decent boost to a small or struggling program