Cotton Bowl: #1 SMU vs. #8 Washington

In a rematch of Week 12, where SMU defeated Washington 23-20, QBs Marcus Burden and Jake Davis face off once again.

Fiesta Bowl: #2 LSU vs. #7 Tennessee

In a rematch of the SEC Championship Game, won by LSU 13-7, Tigers OLB Leonard England will try to get the better of Vols QB Adrian Goldson for a second time.

Peach Bowl: #3 Oklahoma vs. #6 Duke

In a matchup of noted Heisman candidates, the Sooners and CB Elijah Williams will try to stop the potent Blue Devils offense led by QB Bryce Thompson.

CFBHC Bowl: #4 Michigan vs. #5 Florida

A playoff matchup of last year's bowl season, where Michigan won 24-17, sees Wolverines RB Nick Rowland try to outpace Gators QB Darion Harrison.

BROWNS WIN!!!!

In the final week, the Browns, led by RB Sean Bell's 156 yards and 2 TD, avoid a winless season by the skin of their teeth in Week 17 by defeating the Bengals 30-24 in OT.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
Vivid

IRL Football

Thought it would be cool to post some pictures of the good ole' playing days if anyone wants to share some of their IRL football experiences. These are from the HS days way back in 2009. 

Image may contain: one or more people and people playing sports

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Image may contain: football and outdoor

I've shared more recent football pics when I've talked about semipro, but I'll throw some of my old high school pics in here as well.

I2caCUg.png

34rrv14.jpg

Also this is my "claim to fame" when it comes to notable football players lol. Look at the last two players on the All-Area DL, we're basically equals :eyes::PSU:

EP8CDwb.png

Then this is from my first season of summer (semipro) ball when I lived near and worked in Madison (there used to be 4 summer leagues and 1 fall league so you could theoretically play football from February practices for summer league, through mid-November playoffs in fall). Below was not an uncommon sight for our team lol, I think we only had 2 or 3 games where we didn't have a bench clearing brawl to end the game. (They've since gotten kicked out of 3 leagues, for fighting.) The fall league disbanded the same year so I stuck playing with my fall team, since they moved to a spring league. (I'm #56 in the middle).

rdNyk2u.jpg

Also this pic isn't action heavy, but it's still one of the most unique pictures of my football playing days. I'm the RG, and it was the only time I've been the only white player on either side of the ball lol. In high school, we had only white players with the exception of one guy who's dad is Korean. (Knowing the demographics of the town, this wouldn't shock you, especially since I'm from rural, small town Wisconsin.) On my other/current team, we have a rather large mix of diversity since we're two teams who merged into one. And while we (Madison) were known as the "hood" team of the league and only had like 6 white players on our roster anyway, playing against a team largely composed of inner-city Milwaukee players, it was still wild that this occurred - just none of the other guys showed up to this particular game lol. 

Gw5shwO.jpg

also @Vivid and I have discovered we played against the same team in HS, albeit 4 years apart.

k0EbsJy.png

I didn't play football because "it was too dangerous" then proceeded to get like six concussions in ice hockey, so we see how that worked out for me

3 hours ago, grv413 said:

I didn't play football because "it was too dangerous" then proceeded to get like six concussions in ice hockey, so we see how that worked out for me

got any pics playin hockey?

Can I post soccer (the real football pictures?)

5 hours ago, Vivid said:

got any pics playin hockey?

I'm sure I can dig some up when I get home or from Facebook. Probably have more pictures of me playing lacrosse actually. Not sure if I can find any of me in college though

5 hours ago, TazerMan said:

Can I post soccer (the real football pictures?)

For sure dude! Lets see them!

m6i0v3L.png

This is from last year's school rivarly game (school got professional photography hence the watermark).

s5sIE09.png

Some quality jockeying here. We drew the game 1-1. Definitely a highlight for me, got to play in front of a crowd of 600 or so.

The following 4 are from my club team this year.

viX7VyF.jpg

A free kick I took against my old team. This game was one of the worst refereed games I have ever seen/played in. Fuck that ref.

rsVmFzi.jpg

Slightly disabled looking here but I made a good defensive flick-on header.

1U9VxJN.jpg

This was the first game after I shaved my head. Definitely added something to the intimidating center back effect I was going for.

FnnhjZQ.jpg

Probably the most normal looking photo of me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vcdOdt9

Some pics from my hs days. We were lucky to have a woman in the community who would take really nice shots for free

22 minutes ago, imerman said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/vcdOdt9

Some pics from my hs days. We were lucky to have a woman in the community who would take really nice shots for free

Boone HS? Interesting if true, the Toreadors is a very unique logo and recognizable!

I didn't play football. The one year I did play in 5th grade, my knee was hit from the side and strained my ligament I quit due to me not enjoying it. I did however play baseball my freshman year then got cut my sophmore year. 

4 hours ago, Qupax said:

Boone HS? Interesting if true, the Toreadors is a very unique logo and recognizable!

You nailed it haha, it was fun having a super unique mascot