Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

84 OVR Season

Nevada OLB Jordan Butler and Oklahoma CB Elijah Williams had great pro days, increasing their overalls to 84.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
NFL Network

Steelers fans calling for change at quarterback

Steelers' quarterback Norris Brooksheer put up a dismal showing (18/36 for 180 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT) the team's 6-35 loss at Indianapolis on Sunday and now fans have had enough.

"I feel the team is being ruined by poor quarterback play. There's gotta be someone out there who is better than this garbage we have to deal with every Sunday," a long time fan discussed on Sirius XM's NFL radio.

He continued, "We have that Weston kid from Alabama. Try him, if it doesn't work sign one of the veterans and look for someone next year. We can't rely on Brooksheer."

Chemistry between QB/RB and QB/WR for the Steelers will be reduced by 10% in the next two games if Brooksheer remains the starting quarterback.

Rory Weston is an absolute joke of a QB. That fan is an idiot, fire him into the sun. 

Brooksheer's season stats for reference for anyone coming into this thread: 169/298 (56%) for 2016 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT, 3 FUM

4 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Brooksheer's season stats for reference for anyone coming into this thread: 169/298 (56%) for 2016 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT, 3 FUM

Can't even be elite at fumbling. That title goes to Nick Hall

Well it’s settled. The Steelers draft Bryce Thompson and Kyle Jefferson goes down the depth chart by one spot.

Coach TuscanSota takes the podium for a brief statement.

Hi. Sorry, it's past midnight where I am right now.

I know that a lot of fans are up in arms and brandishing pitchforks. I really do. If you think you're frustrated with what's going on this season, you aren't the only one. We're evaluating everything we can to determine what's going on. Considering that we've made little to no changes in terms of our starts, apart from our draft class in the off season and sending Quentin Smith off, we hoped that we could carry the same momentum that got us into the playoffs and back onwards.

Well, turns out that an 0-3 start of the season can change things. Especially when you don't submit your gameplan for at least one of those games -- and you know it wasn't submitted on time because of how good the defensive players on your opponents team turned out to do in the results. And then you wonder how well the team could've done if you found time to be able to submit it a day earlier.

Excuse me while I go meta, but it's been a really frustrating year for me. I'm not talking about game results. I'm sure everyone's seen it here in the forums and the shoutbox but I've been more vocal over recent losses than I have in the past. I'm sorry for that. None if it has anything to do with this site or the community. It's not because of losses to teams we shouldn't be losing to or teams we should be competing with. I wish I could say why right now, but it's outside of the scope of this thread -- if you want an idea go ahead and look through the General Section of the forum.

In terms of both NFLHC (and CFBHC) I have certain expectations for my squad(s), and when we don't meet those expectations, especially in absolute catastrophe, it's hard. I'm sure some of you know the feeling. And the tough part is, I'm at a point right now where I don't even know where to begin on how to fix the problems with this team or where the problem even lies.

All I'm trying to say is in the scope of this season, we're doing everything we can to figure out why we're not meeting our expectations. Whether it's because of Brooksheer or if it's our overall gameplan. Maybe it's because I don't have the time to do this. Maybe I just suck.

I don't know. Don't pity us. Just keep playing. We're evaluating everything and fixing what we can. Because that's what we've been trying to do. Thank God it's a bye week.

~ Tuscan

@TuscanSota don't worry my dude Big Dick Raddick will lead the Cougz and eventually the Steelers to greatness 

1 hour ago, TuscanSota said:

I know that a lot of fans are up in arms and brandishing pitchforks. I really do. If you think you're frustrated with what's going on this season, you aren't the only one. We're evaluating everything we can to determine what's going on. Considering that we've made little to no changes in terms of our starts, apart from our draft class in the off season and sending Quentin Smith off, we hoped that we could carry the same momentum that got us into the playoffs and back onwards.

Well, turns out that an 0-3 start of the season can change things. Especially when you don't submit your gameplan for at least one of those games -- and you know it wasn't submitted on time because of how good the defensive players on your opponents team turned out to do in the results. And then you wonder how well the team could've done if you found time to be able to submit it a day earlier.

Excuse me while I go meta, but it's been a really frustrating year for me. I'm not talking about game results. I'm sure everyone's seen it here in the forums and the shoutbox but I've been more vocal over recent losses than I have in the past. I'm sorry for that. None if it has anything to do with this site or the community. It's not because of losses to teams we shouldn't be losing to or teams we should be competing with. I wish I could say why right now, but it's outside of the scope of this thread -- if you want an idea go ahead and look through the General Section of the forum.

In terms of both NFLHC (and CFBHC) I have certain expectations for my squad(s), and when we don't meet those expectations, especially in absolute catastrophe, it's hard. I'm sure some of you know the feeling. And the tough part is, I'm at a point right now where I don't even know where to begin on how to fix the problems with this team or where the problem even lies.

All I'm trying to say is in the scope of this season, we're doing everything we can to figure out why we're not meeting our expectations. Whether it's because of Brooksheer or if it's our overall gameplan. Maybe it's because I don't have the time to do this. Maybe I just suck.

I don't know. Don't pity us. Just keep playing. We're evaluating everything and fixing what we can. Because that's what we've been trying to do. Thank God it's a bye week.

~ Tuscan

I get the same way when one of my teams starts tanking, especially if I can't figure out why.

10 hours ago, TuscanSota said:

~ Tuscan

I'll reduce the penalty to -5% from -10% for this statement.

I feel like the Steelers are like the IRL Bears (or at least it seems that way being a Bears fan).

Have a good young QB in Davenport and then he all of a sudden wants to be paid like a 2 time MVP.  Then we shuffle to Stanford who we win with our defense in spite of him.  Now we have a potential franchise QB and the fans are calling for his head because of his frustrating play.  I can't get away from bad QBs in the sim or IRL.

15 hours ago, Jamzz said:

Well it’s settled. The Steelers draft Bryce Thompson and Kyle Jefferson goes down the depth chart by one spot.

That would give me the QBs I've coached on one team. Please happen

22 hours ago, cultur3 said:

Rory Weston is an absolute joke of a QB. That fan is an idiot, fire him into the sun. 

48/86, 55.81%, 498, 4 TD, 2 INT

18/38, 47.37%, 182, 0 TD, 2 INT

142/249, 57.03%, 1481, 10 TD, 10 INT - when pass comp % was higher league-wide, he ranked 32/33 in comp% of QBs who attempted 249 or more passes

208/373, 55.76%, 2161, 14 TD, 14 INT, 69.57 passer rating

196.45 yards/game. 5.79 yards/att. 11 games.

This body of work is what Steelers fans want to turn to? They even saw him for 3 games last year!