Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

84 OVR Season

Nevada OLB Jordan Butler and Oklahoma CB Elijah Williams had great pro days, increasing their overalls to 84.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
NFL Network

Ken Peelle to retire at the end of the year

Hell of a career for Ken Peelle. He was never a bonafide WR1 but he gave us everything during his time in Detroit including some extremely clutch performances. Most notably a couple times when we had lost Faneca due to injury. Then he went and got himself paid and continued having success elsewhere. I miss having him on the squad and hope he continues to find success off the field!

Pelle was a very productive Bronco who played a huge part in our Playoff drives at the beginning of our tenure. He was a mentor to young WRs and a consummate professional. We wish him the best in his post-football life. 

41 minutes ago, Bubada said:

For some reason, the Seahawks decided to cut Peelle at the end of the regular season, a week before the playoffs. No idea why they didn't wait for the offseason but it allowed Peelle to sign to play right away for another team in the playoffs.

As the former Owner of the Seattle Seahawks that season, all I can say is I have no idea why Ken Peelle was cut. Can't remember, but I'd have to look through the inbox and see if this move was discussed.

1 hour ago, TuscanSota said:

As the former Owner of the Seattle Seahawks that season, all I can say is I have no idea why Ken Peelle was cut. Can't remember, but I'd have to look through the inbox and see if this move was discussed.

Wasn’t it because Waffle wasn’t gameplanning or updating the depth chart?

We appreciate the time Ken spent with the Buccaneers.  His presence in the locker room, mentoring our young WRs and keeping them sharp was invaluable.   He will be missed, unless he wants a job as WRs coach.

5 hours ago, serwendel said:

Wasn’t it because Waffle wasn’t gameplanning or updating the depth chart?

I checked my inbox, but I believe I removed the old email thread on this when I left the organization two seasons later. What I do remember though is that Waffle was becoming inactive around the end of the season. I don't know if we cut Ken Peelle as a result of Waffle not adjusting the depth chart. Waffle didn't really communicate with us on what he was gameplanning or depth chart adjustments. 

1 hour ago, TuscanSota said:

I checked my inbox, but I believe I removed the old email thread on this when I left the organization two seasons later. What I do remember though is that Waffle was becoming inactive around the end of the season. I don't know if we cut Ken Peelle as a result of Waffle not adjusting the depth chart. Waffle didn't really communicate with us on what he was gameplanning or depth chart adjustments. 

Yeah that makes sense. I definitely remember gameplanning like Waffle wasn'tt going to change anything after our previous matchup that season, but maybe that was just a coincidence.