Pope, Eric, the Second

#7 Oklahoma QB Eric Pope reclaimed his starting job, and proceeded to go 25/36 for 343 yards and 4 TD as Oklahoma routed Texas 52-13.

Devy Flexes His Guns in Miami

The Saints pull the upset over Miami. Saints QB Aaron Devereaux threw for 3 TD as the New Orleans defense held Miami to 5 rushing yards in the 31-27 victory.

Meep Meep

UTSA snaps #11 Rice's 26-game winning streak in CUSA games with a decisive 31-20 road victory. QB Justin Radford threw for 208 yards and had 3 total TDs.

Foster: Chicagoan for QB

Bears QB Mohammed Foster has come into his own as the team has jumped to a 6-3 start. Foster put up 102 on the ground, including a 45-yard TD, in a 20-10 victory over LA.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Soluna

CFBHC v1.7

Interesting. I think this will be a good update. 

Definitely some interesting changes!

The interest declaration is an interesting designation. With an interest only week before we can actually spend points, I expect a lot more teams to get challenged on players they're alone on. But the delay over the rest of season will make surprise bombs obsolete. A quality change for the smaller schools. They get a warning before someone like me can come in.

Damn, no more dropping 21 schollies week one for me lol

I like this a lot.  No more wrapping up classes in like 2-3 weeks.  Keeps battles going longer!

It's a welcome change, although I'm not so sure about the coach visit 1 week limitation.

21 hours ago, Soluna said:

Added "interest declared" status to recruiting.

• You may declare interest on players the same way as you would apply scholarships, coaching visits, school visits, etc.
  • While there is no limit to the number of players who you may declare interest on over the course of the season you are limited to ten in any given week.
    • When a player signs for your team he is dropped from your "interest declared" active list and so another spot can be filled.

Just for clarification, like scholarships and visits, these are kind of "use and lose"? A player has to be signed to open up an interest spot, this isn't something you can withdraw/change week to week? I don't mind the addition, narrows down who you have to look out for.  

18 minutes ago, mahrowkeen said:

Just for clarification, like scholarships and visits, these are kind of "use and lose"? A player has to be signed to open up an interest spot, this isn't something you can withdraw/change week to week? I like the addition, narrows down who you have to look out for.  

@mahrowkeen ah nvm, looks like you were right - see Soluna's response below.

1 minute ago, anonemuss said:

It says there is no limit to the total number of interested players, just that you can only do 10 per week (of new players i'm presuming)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

11 minutes ago, anonemuss said:

It says there is no limit to the total number of interested players, just that you can only do 10 per week (of new players i'm presuming)

Incorrect, 10 per week is the maximum amount of active people you can have that are being recruited. If you have 10 in week 7 and then sign 3, you can now add 3 new ones the next week.

So if I understand, if you have 10 targets initially you can't put points on anyone else until at least one of those 10 players sign?

12 minutes ago, cmcgill said:

So if I understand, if you have 10 targets initially you can't put points on anyone else until at least one of those 10 players sign?

Correct. So better choose your battles wisely!

Interesting,...

33 minutes ago, cmcgill said:

Or you drop one yes.

7 minutes ago, Soluna said:

Or you drop one yes.

So you can drop then, nice

So when you declare an interest on a player, can you remove your intrest at any time as well? What im afraid of is that i put my intrest on a 2.5/5.0 player in week 1 only to realize that Ball State and BYU is putting all their points on him and i do not wish to get into a battle with them but i can not remove my interest preference and pursue another player while those two battle it out.

9 minutes ago, Swipet said:

So when you declare an interest on a player, can you remove your intrest at any time as well? What im afraid of is that i put my intrest on a 2.5/5.0 player in week 1 only to realize that Ball State and BYU is putting all their points on him and i do not wish to get into a battle with them but i can not remove my interest preference and pursue another player while those two battle it out.

10 hours ago, Soluna said:

Or you drop one yes.

Answered a couple of posts above you.

16 hours ago, llamas said:

Damn, no more dropping 21 schollies week one for me lol

Same, rip strategy for top 10 classes :(

14 hours ago, Soluna said:

Or you drop one yes.

So to be clear, the interface functionality will change so that you are able to drop players that you have points on. Will you immediately get the half scholarships back from these players as well? I have 2 players right now that I am no longer perusing but can't drop off of because I put points on them which means I can't offer the half scholarships to other players, or even just clear off my board of players that I won't get and don't care about.

50 minutes ago, TheLiberator said:

Same, rip strategy for top 10 classes :(

So to be clear, the interface functionality will change so that you are able to drop players that you have points on. Will you immediately get the half scholarships back from these players as well? I have 2 players right now that I am no longer perusing but can't drop off of because I put points on them which means I can't offer the half scholarships to other players, or even just clear off my board of players that I won't get and don't care about.

I am not a Soluna, but I would argue against immediately getting half-schollies back.  The possibility exists that you could re-affirm your interest in a player you dropped, so any work done there should stay until that player is signed IMO.

50 minutes ago, Jieret said:

I am not a Soluna, but I would argue against immediately getting half-schollies back.  The possibility exists that you could re-affirm your interest in a player you dropped, so any work done there should stay until that player is signed IMO.

I would agree however that would lead to a grey area of being able to drop a player off of your interest once you felt you were far enough ahead so you could offer another player quickly, just to do the same thing over and over to get work, say, 15 players, while only officially having interest on 10. I would just want some clarification just so I/we would know for sure how it works and if there is a way to prevent that from happening, maybe say only having a chance to sign the player/have you show up on the list if you are currently interested in them?

18 minutes ago, TheLiberator said:

I would agree however that would lead to a grey area of being able to drop a player off of your interest once you felt you were far enough ahead so you could offer another player quickly, just to do the same thing over and over to get work, say, 15 players, while only officially having interest on 10. I would just want some clarification just so I/we would know for sure how it works and if there is a way to prevent that from happening, maybe say only having a chance to sign the player/have you show up on the list if you are currently interested in them?

(bolding is mine for emphasis)

Although I feel like this was already the intent, I like this idea to prevent that kind of system gaming.  Although that would have to be a heck of a lead; if I were to lead on a croot and remove my interest, I'd have to feel confident that someone couldn't crootbomb me since anyone looking could tell I dropped my interest for that week.

RIP Danger strategy. Tbh I could see this killing some teams if they guess wrong week 1. They’ll be a week behind everyone else and it might be hard to catch up?

I'll be honest: I don't like this update. First of all, it adds another layer of difficulty to a system that is already hard to grasp; it also gives inspiral more work as well. Additionally, the fact that a team has to wait an extra week to join a new recruiting battle (plus the team has to declare which recruit it will pursue) will make the first couple weeks of recruiting even more important than it already was. I assume the whole purpose of this update was to prevent teams from getting ahead on/ signing a bunch of high-end guys in the first few weeks; while I agree that is an issue I also think that problem can be tackled in a simpler way. 

12 minutes ago, FlutieFlakes said:

I'll be honest: I don't like this update. First of all, it adds another layer of difficulty to a system that is already hard to grasp; it also gives inspiral more work as well. Additionally, the fact that a team has to wait an extra week to join a new recruiting battle (plus the team has to declare which recruit it will pursue) will make the first couple weeks of recruiting even more important than it already was. I assume the whole purpose of this update was to prevent teams from getting ahead on/ signing a bunch of high-end guys in the first few weeks; while I agree that is an issue I also think that problem can be tackled in a simpler way. 

Please use the private feedback instead of posting like this, thank you.