Pope, Eric, the Second

#7 Oklahoma QB Eric Pope reclaimed his starting job, and proceeded to go 25/36 for 343 yards and 4 TD as Oklahoma routed Texas 52-13.

Devy Flexes His Guns in Miami

The Saints pull the upset over Miami. Saints QB Aaron Devereaux threw for 3 TD as the New Orleans defense held Miami to 5 rushing yards in the 31-27 victory.

Meep Meep

UTSA snaps #11 Rice's 26-game winning streak in CUSA games with a decisive 31-20 road victory. QB Justin Radford threw for 208 yards and had 3 total TDs.

Foster: Chicagoan for QB

Bears QB Mohammed Foster has come into his own as the team has jumped to a 6-3 start. Foster put up 102 on the ground, including a 45-yard TD, in a 20-10 victory over LA.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

HAFFnHAFF

[2023] Who Would You Steal From a Division Rival?

If you had the opportunity to steal 1 player from a division rival and put them on your team who would you pick and why?

For me it would have to be DE Ryan Frey 6-6 277 5 Miami [Blitz] [+1/C] 97 from the Eagles.  I would love to pair him with 

DE Jonathan Bridges 6-6 267 4 Penn State [Blitz] [-1] 90 and then have Derrick Martin still blitzing off the edge from the OLB spot.  Right now Frey is on pace for 16 sacks this season, Bridges is on pace for 11, and Martin is on pace for 12.  Having all 3 on the same team would be amazing.  

Runner up for me would be DE Khairi Bryant 5-10 263 1 Ohio State [Blitz] [0] 87.  He is a really good and younger player.  But there is no guarantee he ever becomes the elite player that Frey currently is.

I would steal Jack Ramsey from the Titans. Dude is one of the most underrated players in the NFL and would instantly make my secondary top 3. Even their second corner, Jordan Harris, is fucking dirty mcnasty.

Probably Reshad Jenkins from the Jets.  Best FS in the game and would make for a fun duo with Antonio Jackson.  

WR J.C. Weldon 6-2 183 2 West Virginia [Target] [0] 89

amirite?

I would steal Jay Wade from Jacksonville.  An elite corner in a pass happy division with elite QBs would be super useful.

Speaking for the Titans, but right now at this moment we would 100% steal Aaron Shea

41 minutes ago, SageBow said:

Speaking for the Titans, but right now at this moment we would 100% steal Aaron Shea

We might take K Will

I'd steal Rodney Montgomery.  Him and McLean with Jolley and Tevin would make this offense extremely fun.  Maurice White/Troy White are a very close second.

Ok maybe I'd steal Bowman to have a better backup QB :p

I'd steal OG P.B. Holmes 6-4 293 4 Purdue [Run Blocking] [+1] 94 from the Steelers, keeping Marcus protected is a big priority of mine, and Holmes is young enough to keep himself around for awhile. I debated some folks from the Browns, but that hypothetical situation would be too cruel in my head xD 

I'd take Nick Hall.

Then I'd switch to Option - Wishbone and start a practice squad offensive line, and just laugh as he gets pummeled over and over again.

And at his salary, he'd still be a bargain for what he'd give me in that offense.  He'd probably hold out though.

Have to be either Jank or Marcus Black.  Jank would be a no brainer and Black because of our recent QB issues. But I also wouldn't mind seeing what would happen if we paired Tyrone Jones and Carlos Washington. Good luck QBs.

10 hours ago, SageBow said:

Yep, easy decision there. If Wheeler was healthy, I'm taking WR Raheem Robinson. Wheeler with Raheem and Kevin Williams would be scary. 

There's some fantastic talent across the AFCW, but right now, I'd gladly take Mike Tripplett from the Raiders. This "down" year for him is still 59 catches for 720 yards and 3 scores. He's just so consistently good, and the Broncos have never had a true WR1. Next in line, aside from the QBs, would be David Pennington

MARCUS BLACK, David Wells, Sammy Muhammad, Washington.

Definitely Wells or Sammy for the rest of the year, but Black if I get to keep them. Washington is a monster, but switching him to a 3-4 like we have (Key, Sila) probably hurts him.

JARIUS JONES

6 hours ago, Rome said:

Washington is a monster, but switching him to a 3-4 like we have (Key, Sila) probably hurts him.

Why does everyone think we run a 4-3?

For us it’d have to be Khairi Bryant. A future superstar on a rookie contract who’s already better than any DE we’ve ever had? Sign me up. 

If not Bryant I’d go for Maurice White. Troy White’s been much better this year, but is also much older, and i wonder how much longer he’ll last. Either one would be a major improvement to our running game.

hi yes 1 sean jenkins please

hi yes 1 akili wallace please

Marquise Reed. Would be Keyshawn if not for age. 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:28 AM, Rome said:

MARCUS BLACK, David Wells, Sammy Muhammad, Washington.

Definitely Wells or Sammy for the rest of the year, but Black if I get to keep them. Washington is a monster, but switching him to a 3-4 like we have (Key, Sila) probably hurts him.

Sammy Muhammad doesn't play for your division rival.  He plays in Tampa, and will probably retire this year.

I would take Monte Jackson from the Panthers.  Kid has size, speed, and consistently puts up stats.  Plus he hasn't peaked yet, which gives him the nod over a similar guy like Sean Jenkins.  

can't think of anyone <_<