Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

84 OVR Season

Nevada OLB Jordan Butler and Oklahoma CB Elijah Williams had great pro days, increasing their overalls to 84.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

SyndaKyt

Mountain West Cowboy Crootin Week 10

Welcome All, to the Mountain West Cowboy Crootin

The weekly series you all read about, with a name change and a few modifications. And as always, enjoy this read and enjoy the holidays!

Air Force

Image result for mission san jose football

Total Croots signed: 6

C Alex Joiner 6-2 293 Fr Mission San Jose (Fremont CA) 2.0 of 3.5 [Run Blocking]

Does this image seem familiar? It was used before to highlight the guy running it, but now it is for the man blocking for him. @stinsy and the Falcons pick up a decent crootin in Joiner, teammates with SJSU croot Brian Youngblood. This was a choice of need with the only Center on the team being RS Jr 3.5/3.5 Terrance Gilmore. He will most likely be looked at as the second stringer behind Gilmore. The designation between them is different, with Gilmore preferring to Pass Blocking. Joiner will have to come up to speed during spring practice with his pass protection skills if the redshirted 5 star QB Matt Mosley is to be protected as he drops bombs over opposing defenses. 

Boise State

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: SEP 08 UConn at Boise State

Total Croots signed: 3

The Boise State Broncos are still battling it out with other teams for multiple croots. For the sake of this team, we all hope they pull in a class that covers what they need.

Have faith in @Azul.

Colorado State

SPORTS_150829587_AR_0_HMZQJGXAAAFG.jpg?w

Total Croots signed: 10

FB Xavien Lawrence 5-10 225 Fr Pioneer (Ann Arbor MI) 1.0 of 4.5 [Pass Blocking]

@Ahven D'Gale and the Rams take their scouting department to a more northern frontier and explore the depths of Michigan. Colorado State was not the only team from Colorado to get the message as the Buffaloes stampeded towards Ann Arbor to snatch up Lawrence. CSU thought in their minds to devise a strategy to take him away from the courting Buffaloes who reached him first. Lo and Behold, Lawrence will be attending the BETTER Colorado school in CSU. He will probably be redshirted because he will become an extra piece to bolster the passing game and protect the QB. The Rams just committed a mugging and the PAC-12 is not happy.

Fresno State

Image result for Lompoc high school football ca

Total Croots signed: 13

ATH Frank Turpin 6-3 227 Fr Lompoc (Lompoc CA) 1.5 of 3.5 [Target]

@Hchou17 and the Bulldogs are cruising through CA with another local croot in Turpin. Fresno State managed to finesse Turpin away from bigger P5 schools. Turpin was everywhere on the field for the Lompoc Braves and was given the number 1 for the annual heirloom of that team which represents the best athlete. Turpin played WR on offense gaining 1117 receiving yards and 14 TDs, SS on defense with 85 TKLs, 5 TFLs, 6 INTs, and 3 FFs. He also fielded some kicks for the Braves' special team unit.  Lompoc will most likely be redshirted his first year and from then on will be a supporting member behind RS Fr 2/5 Blake Coates.

Hawai'i

crist_106449454.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

Total Croots signed: 12

QB Aaron Bates 6-5 202 Fr Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks CA) 2.5 of 4.0 [Pocket]

@GigemAgs and the Rainbow Warriors are gunning for the top spots as the G5 schools with the best recruiting class. Bates from Notre Dame will assist them in this goal and possibly be a stopgap for the departing MWC icon J.T. Youngblood. He has the prototypical Golden Boy QB build standing at 6'5 and has a rocket for an arm. He recorded 4,500 passing yards and 45 TDs. He led his team through the CIF before falling in the semifinals. He will either redshirt or compete in a three way battle between the freshman currently being redshirted, the second stringer, and himself. Decisions, Decisions.

Nevada

DSC_0845-1210x642.jpg

Total Croots signed: 10

RB Lavonte Byrd 5-8 217 Fr Long Beach Polytechnic ( CA) 1.5 of 3.0 [Power]

@Joopear and the Wolfpack are attempting to recover for the long-winded battle for the 5 star DE Allen. Nevada recruits Byrd from Long Beach Poly to improve depth in their running game. Byrd at Long Beach Poly recorded 1641 rushing yards and 16 rushing TDs, with 7 receiving TDs to add on the season.The Backs currently present are very young and not particularly skillful yet. The RB position is quite full as of late, so it is most likely that Byrd is redshirted his first year for the coaches to evaluate him further. He joins the  5'10 and under club with Billings and Dyson welcoming him into their brotherhood.

New Mexico

Image result for sinton football

DT DeAndre Callahan 6-1 312 Fr Sinton (Sinton TX) 2.0 of 3.5 [2-Gap]

@DarthJarJar and the Lobos recruit Callahan from the neighobring Lone Star State, Texas. Callahan is one of the better DTs New Mexico has seen and it is a toss up on whether he will compete for a spot immediately or a sit out a year to learn more about the Lobos' system. Callahan wants to become a disruptor for this New Mexico defense and is attracted to how Fagan plays the game. He states that Fagan is a part of the reason as to why he signed with the Lobos, seeing how his star power has elevated the status of this program. Callahan looks forward to charging through opposing offensive lineman and slinging skill players around.

San Diego State

Image result for Golden valley merced ca

Total Croots signed: 14

FB Joel Grady 5-11 259 Fr Golden Valley (Merced CA) 3.0 of 3.5 [Pass Blocking]

@pumph and the Aztecs find a local for the short term solution at fullback to pair along the incoming freshman FB Maddox. Despite being a 3.5/ he is very skillful and it shows as multiple PAC-12 schools were also in the hunt for Grady. Grady will have to become familiar with his teammates, especially Nick Stewart, to work in conjuction to win games for SDSU and possibly be a championship contender. Grady's primary position was fullback, but he also was an edge rusher. He felt himself he was too short to disrupt any plays,, so he'd much rather be a pass protector. He can also be used to bump a defender and leak out unassumingly to become an extra target and gain yards after the catch.

San Jose State

9287133_1f6e5f145906458baf94ddb193010cc0

Total Croots signed: 21

P Gavin Frias 5-8 195 Fr Liberty (Bakersfield CA) 1.0 of 3.5 [Power]

@redeye4 and the Spartans seem to be going an unconvential route and focusing on the special teams aspect of their team. Although this was more of the recruiting tactic of an interim HC before redeye4 but they are stickingg to his guns as they recruit the man with the booming leg Frias. He loves the excitement of pinning teams inside the ten yard line and look forward to do so in college. Seriously, next year, The Spartans need to get out of this rut and hopefully they can find a coach that is willing to remain in the long run to take on a hefty rebuilding process.

UNLV

Image result for vernon kilpatrick football ca

CB Geno Dyson 5-10 178 Fr Vernon Kilpatrick (Malibu CA) 1.0 of 3.5 [Man Coverage]

@ChizDippler and the Rebels round out their trio of 3.5 Man Coverage CBs with Dyson being the last one to be covered in this weekly series. Geno Dyson helped assist Kilpatrick in boasting a top 5 defense in their conference as he recorded 67 TKLs, 5 TFLs, 2 Sacks, 9 INTs  with three of those resulting in pick sixes. Dyson brings a bruising attitude to UNLV and wants to not only disrupt plays but is an earnest tackler. He also led his conference in pass inteference penalties so he must improve more on his technique and learn to displine himself from being too physical when covering receivers.

Utah State

Image result for woods cross high school football

Total Croots signed: 17

CB Amir Parris 5-10 173 Fr Woods Cross (Woods Cross UT) 1.0 of 3.5 [Zone Coverage]

Utah State is nearing its 21-croot limit with the addition of one of their best croots, Parris from the homegrown state of Utah. Parris will most likely sit out a year, but look for him to make an impact in 2025 for the Aggies secondary as he may be tasked with being on the island of CB1. Whether he gets more help or not is debatable but there is qute alot of pressure being put on him to learn the intracacies and systems of the defense. Parris seems to be elated to know that he will be at the forefront of this defense and is making a bold statement in wanting to be one of the best corners in the MWC.

Wyoming

Image result for mt. diablo high school football

OT Maxim Cornelius 6-4 285 Fr Mt. Diablo (Concord CA) 1.0 of 3.5 [Pass Blocking]

The Wyoming Cowboys pick up a guy that sounds like he should be from ancient Rome from Mt. Diablo. Cornelius had the pleasure of blocking for the also recruited Red Devil Ari Rhoads, but Cornelius excels in Pass Blocking more than advancing towards the second level. This was an essential need to be addressed as the offensive line was a key part of the Cowboys losing key matchups. He is not necessarily the best OT to be recruited but this is seen as progress and Wyoming is starting to turn the tide of their luck. If they can lock up battles this year and the next, they could be seen as a potential threat to go bowling.

7 hours ago, SyndaKyt said:

CSU thought in their minds to devise a strategy to take him away from the courting Buffaloes who reached him first. Lo and Behold, Lawrence will be attending the BETTER Colorado school in CSU. He will probably be redshirted because he will become an extra piece to bolster the passing game and protect the QB. The Rams just committed a mugging and the PAC-12 is not happy.

Hawai'i

crist_106449454.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

QB Aaron Bates 6-5 202 Fr Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks CA) 2.5 of 4.0 [Pocket]

@GigemAgs and the Rainbow Warriors are gunning for the top spots as the G5 schools with the best recruiting class. Bates from Notre Dame will assist them in this goal and possibly be a stopgap for the departing MWC icon J.T. Youngblood. He has the prototypical Golden Boy QB build standing at 6'5 and has a rocket for an arm. He recorded 4,500 passing yards and 45 TDs. He led his team through the CIF before falling in the semifinals. He will either redshirt or compete in a three way battle between the freshman currently being redshirted, the second stringer, and himself. Decisions, Decisions.

Yes, please! Thank you! And eat it, PAC 12! Especially Colorado!

Also, this just isn't fair. Hawaii and Gigemags are clearly crootin' players that are already in college!

QB Tim Wendt 6-4 218 (Sr) J.B. Conant (Estates, IL) 2.5 of 2.5 [Scrambling]

He clearly just doesn't have skill as a scrambler!

8 hours ago, SyndaKyt said:

San Jose State

Total Croots signed: 21

P Gavin Frias 5-8 195 Fr Liberty (Bakersfield CA) 1.0 of 3.5 [Power]

@redeye4 and the Spartans seem to be going an unconvential route and focusing on the special teams aspect of their team. Although this was more of the recruiting tactic of an interim HC before redeye4 but they are stickingg to his guns as they recruit the man with the booming leg Frias. He loves the excitement of pinning teams inside the ten yard line and look forward to do so in college. Seriously, next year, The Spartans need to get out of this rut and hopefully they can find a coach that is willing to remain in the long run to take on a hefty rebuilding process.

Yeah yeah I definitely messed up haha, I thought that I'd be able to drop the AI's picks later on... so FYI for everyone: I'll be dropping all of the better recruits I was focused on (since I can't sign them anyways, inspiral2 hasn't responded to my request to drop them lol), go ahead and try to claim them. Gonna have to play some serious 4D chess for JuCo crootin to salvage this year

54 minutes ago, redeye4 said:

Yeah yeah I definitely messed up haha, I thought that I'd be able to drop the AI's picks later on... so FYI for everyone: I'll be dropping all of the better recruits I was focused on (since I can't sign them anyways, inspiral2 hasn't responded to my request to drop them lol), go ahead and try to claim them. Gonna have to play some serious 4D chess for JuCo crootin to salvage this year

Umm...I believe that you can only sign 21 croots total (JuCo + regular). I'm not 100% sure on that...ask the shitbox!

1 minute ago, Ahven D'Gale said:

Umm...I believe that you can only sign 21 croots total (JuCo + regular). I'm not 100% sure on that...ask the shitbox!

The 21 limit does include JUCO

However, I believe it doesn't include transfers...

2 hours ago, Ahven D'Gale said:

Also, this just isn't fair. Hawaii and Gigemags are clearly crootin' players that are already in college!

shh-emoji-png-5.png

6 minutes ago, redeye4 said:

@DarthJarJar @Ahven D'Gale I heard some people mention that even though you can't drop recruits right now, you are able to drop some recruits during JuCo recruiting which is what I was banking on; is that not true?

We were last year but I'm not sure about this year