Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

If You Can Dodge the Super Bowl, You Can Dodge a Ball

It's Pro Bowl season again, and with the return of the skills competition, Ron Rice (#97) will attempt to defend his dodgeball title.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Jumbo

What keeps you coming back to CFBHC?

Was just reading through some old threads, creating the 2020 site survey :ninja: and this old gem of a thread came up.

So three years later, let's ask it again.

Who are the members you think provide the most enjoyment on this site? Let's highlight the people who you think represent the backbone of this community, whether it is for; media, fun, memes, or work.

Secondarily, what are your "little enjoyments" on the site. Other than games, the draft, etc. what small moments make coming back here daily worth it?

Winning keeps me coming back :P

In all seriousness, I just like teambuilding, and I get that here along with folks to chat with. Shout out to @stormstopper though. Always has something interesting to say when it comes to game results and I always look out for it.

Being new to this I may be a bit out of my league to answer this query. I like the interaction on the shout box and the amazing player created material. It is very impressive to say the least and is allowing me to get involved even though I am still new to the game. The help from @Bubada @mahrowkeen @Qupax @Wonderbread @Jieret @bingo415 @acewulf @Rocketcan @tsweezyand the countless others has been very helpful so far, especially since having to take over a team late in the season.

@Soluna posting games keeps me coming back. The dedication and time commitment to the site is crazy. And he's always looking to improve and add new things. Hard for things to get stale when there are several updates every season.

I'm always interested to see what the other stat nerds like me are posting. I'm sure I'm missing out some people but I actively look for @stormstopper @Rome @Jieret posts. 

I also really like the group of coaches we have in the C-USA now. It isn't a barren wasteland of me, Isaac, and Wonderbread like it was a couple seasons ago. We have a lot of truly active coaches now and it's making the conference a lot more fun and competitive. 

And being on the Titans with @TheTodd15 and @SageBow is great. I think we have a good mix of taking this game seriously but also not actually taking it seriously. 

I feel like I get on well with everyone here to be honest. I do just want to say though that this community has become such a significant part of my life and I’m very grateful for it and for all of you! :wub:

However, outside of the obvious (Soluna/Alien/Inspiral - thank you guys for all the amazing work you do) I want to give a special shoutout to @Jieret for all of the hard work he puts in with his fantastic media every week. This goes all the way back to my MAC days. Him and @bingo415 are two of the main reasons the PAC-12 is such a fun conference to be involved with. I’ve won a total of four games in two seasons and it hasn’t fazed me (although PLEASE.... please may I break this 2-10 curse next year) :lol:

Off the top, @Jieret and @bingo415 for their work in the PAC, @Kirby's been a pleasure to work with on Cleveland, @Bubada @Rome and @stormstopper as well for their extra work. @Kremit and @Time for memes

@lucasonly no one else

I simply love that everything we do here is pretty much user driven and we get to create our own little world with people who are passionate about this site. It also helps that it gives me a lot to read and look at during my day at work.

As for the members, @Soluna @inspiral2 @stormstopper and others play a huge role into this place even existing. Shout out to @inspiral2 given the BS he apparently has to endure from some about recruiting issues. Recruiting is probably my favorite part of the game and I appreciate your willingness to manage it.

Others that deserve some recognition are the conference commissioners, especially @npklemm. I've tried to help out with media but he's our fearless leader. I think it's even more difficult in a conference like the MAC because it's a lot of new people learning the game, who likely don't feel as comfortable contributing media right away. And by the time they are comfortable, they've left the conference.

@Jieret has always been willing to chat with me and offer advice and it's much appreciated, even if you're the main reason WMU is what it is today. 

In the end, this site is so unique and I'm so happy I found it a few years back. I hope we're all able to stick around for many years to come.

@stormstopper has the best media hands down.  I love reading all the stuff that he puts together.  I've developed relationships with a lot of people through the site with people like @smackemz, @vtgorilla, @stinsy, @DarthJarJar, @Osu, @bingo415, @Vivid, @Kremit, @Swipet, @Rome, and probably others I'm forgetting off the top of my head.  And obviously the guys who run the whole thing are a core part too.  So shoutout to @Soluna, @alienufo, and @inspiral2 for running everything.

As for the little enjoyments of the site, I love checking in constantly to see what is being talked about in the shout box, reading new media that gets posted, and obsessing over my teams stats and game plans.  I have created more spreadsheets for this site than I have for my job.  It definitely feeds that data nerd that lives inside.

The routine of checking it everyday to see if anything new has been posted is my daily routine. I love the analytics and analysis of teams of the site and I love reading what people have to say about my respective teams that I coach. 

Man this list is going to be longer than the older list I had.  I honestly love the community of people we have.  I don't dislike anyone really anymore, honestly being here for as long as I have, it's been a genuine ride of ups and downs and the love I have for people in this community will never go away.

@Hagan For being a dope ass owner, and always being someone fun to shoot the shit about random things and making being with the Giants an absolutely fun time.

@mahrowkeen For being one of my favorite people on this website and always being a fun person to talk site or football or anything about.  I appreciate your friendship a ton.  Go SLC and the Braw.
Y
@ImposterCauster Willllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you're dope <3.

@DangerZoneh You're one of my favorite people to talk to on the shoutbox, and I'll be honest, I lowkey root for TCU when it doesn't impact my teams at all.  I hope you keep kicking ass there.

@Soluna You do a fuck ton for the site, even though I would have given up years and years ago with the amount of setbacks this place has gone through.  You've been fun to finally get to know and talk to over the past year or 2, and I appreciate it genuinely

@tsweezy Another congrats on being GM, and kicking ass in general.  Another one of my favorite people on the site.

@caesari I wish I saw you around more often, I loved talking to you a bunch when we were on the Saints, I know you will kick ass.  Hit me up sometime

@Rome You brought me to this place, and for that I am grateful for.  Yes one day I will go and smoke with you.  Eventually.  

@Darman Who?

@Jieret For taking JD and DD into insanely high places, places I didn't think that was possible.  I love you as a person, you're one of my favorite on the site.  

@Kirby  Brothers in Tanks, I hope you get that last win and don't be the first 0-16 team.  I've been down there, losing a bunch.  It's brutal.  You'll climb out of it, I believe in you.

@TazerMan   ˙ɟlǝsɹnoʎ uo pɹɐɥo ooʇ ǝq ʇ,uop  ˙ʇno ʇᴉ ǝɹnƃᴉɟ ll,noʎ ʇɐɥʇ puɐ ɥɔɐoɔ ɐ ɟo llǝɥ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ ʍouʞ I 'ᴉʇɐuuᴉɔuᴉƆ ɹoɟ llǝʍ op noʎ ǝdoɥ I

@Jumbo For being the Rome to my Soluna. And also for sharing so many interests with me, and being an awesome guy to talk with, but minus points for being a Jets fan bro.

@smackemz Every time we've ever talked I've genuinely enjoyed it.  You're an extremely kind person and I feel like you deserve to hear that.  I hope things with Miami turn out even better than they already have.

@stinsy You suck.  <3

There's even more I haven't mentioned, and not to mention @smokingcricket, @neovenator250, @Jumanji, and @Franz Kafka Who i know aren't on the site anymore/aren't on the site as much.  You guys are all amazing, and honestly helped me become a better person the more I've gotten older.  It's been a hell of a ride so far, let's hope I actually fucking win in NFLHC yeah?

@stormstopper is the best commish ever and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

@lucas, @Time, @llamas, @Rome, @ImposterCauster, @TuscanSota, @mahrowkeen, @TheTodd15, @Jieret, @pumph, @Jumbo, @Darman, @bingo415 are all fantastic people and I'm glad that I've had the chance to get to know them over the time I've been here. 

All the Large Dozen guys @HAFFnHAFF, @Kremit, @DangerZoneh, @Minnowsotan, @Swipet, @Vivid, @Ape, @smackemz make conference play a hell of a time and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I have a huge amount of respect for all of you and the personalities of the different programs. 

And of course my Falcons FO: @Rocketcan, @Quasar and @Ricky Campbell.  You guys are the best and keep me more sane than I would be otherwise

My time on the site has been a bit tumultuous at times.  I came close to having to withdrawn during undergrad due to academics, I had to pick a new career path, I had to transition to a new job and move halfway across the country away from everything I knew.  The site has been there for me every step of the way and I appreciate all that everyone does to make the site a great hobby.  If I had to point to one thing that keeps me coming back it has to be the personal connection I make with players.  I am a sentimental bastard at times and it shows a lot on here with the rosters of literal text that the players are for how much I care about them.

I am truly thankful that everyone puts up with my roller coaster of emotions at times.  Thanks guys.

Thanks to @Soluna, @alienufo, and @inspiral2 for all the work and thankless effort to keep the site running.

Thanks everyone for being around. I know I get angry chasing people around to do/submit things or whatever but I'm glad I get to share our game and community with everyone on here.

I feel bad thanking specific people and not thanking others. I would thank every single user for something if I had the time but I really want to call attention to a few people specifically so others are aware:

@alienufo is the best. He helps me out so much with NFLHC and is a great resource to bounce ideas off of.

@Jumbo keeps me stable on bad days. He often makes sure to reach out for me when I'm busy or haven't been around much and I'm very thankful for it.

@inspiral2 deserves so much praise for sharing in the burden of what he provides to the site and I don't know how to repay it.

@Rome for providing his math knowledge whenever possible and helping out with a lot of background stuff that takes a lot of work but isn't super glamorous (computer poll, schedules, etc)

@Jieret for giving me a new viewpoint and allowing me to offload some more aspects of the site onto a new face.

@bingo415 for reaching out to me via text every now and then and making sure everything is going well. It means a lot.

Like I said I can't call out everyone but I'm very glad you are all around. I really like when people reach out to me on discord occasionally with a positive message or just updating me on their life.

I joined for the football and recruiting, and I've stayed for the great community.

When I discovered the site almost a year ago now, I thought I had finally found a sim that would scratch that crootin itch.  While that has happened, I've also met many fantastic people that I would never know existed otherwise.  People like @bingo415, @Jieret, @Rome, and @GigemAgs helped show me the ropes early on, and that was very helpful.  @HAFFnHAFFand @stinsy hired me for my first job in the NFLHC, and it was very fun to help rebuild the Redskins.  @cmcgill hired me as a Head Coach, and I've really enjoyed competing on the highest stage.  And of course, where would we all be without @Soluna, @inspiral2, and @alienufo.  Thank you all for your hard work keeping us all happy.

the fact that I just can’t quite get to the top of the mountain 

Addiction mostly I suppose if we are being 100% honest. 

Its clearly not my teams on field performance because thats been shit since 2019? 2020? Or so. 

I enjoy having a place to shoot the shit about sports also. 

I shouted out to people last time but Im at work with shit reception right now so not happening at the moment 

Awesome site, great community and very engaging.

Thanks to Soluna, insprial, and alien for all you guys do.

Another thanks to @TuscanSota, @Bubada, @Ricky Campbell, @mahrowkeen, @vollmagnet and many more for all the help you have given me over this last year.

Oh and the Seahawks FO: @NDIrish21 and @Jieret. Thanks for taking a chance on a newbie.

Along with that, cannot forget my CUSA brothers: @Rocketcan, @kwheele, @Isaac, @Wonderbread, and the rest!

Being one of the first FCS coaches to join the site, I love seeing it grow every season and hope that one day we can have a full FCS that's as active and cares as much about their teams as they do in the FBS, so I guess that's one reason I stay on here. Seeing guys like @Osu, @llamas & @TheSam leave the FBS to join us down here is amazing and I hope more coaches sign up and fill whatever coaching roles are open.

Another reason why I'm here is probably what everyone wants to do: build a dynasty. I don't want to win just one ring, I want several. In a row. I want to be the team that people hate because they win all the time (your Bamas and Clemsons and NDSUs, etc.). 

Third, I love making media specific towards my team. Opponent Watch is an absolute blast for me to make and I'll keep making them because it brings me great joy to use my creative side. And FCS media in general has been great thanks to @Suffocation and @SolutionA. I also enjoy reading media for any other teams, so keep em comin!

Even though I don't talk in the shoutbox ever, and really the only person I talk to on here at least somewhat actively is @Ape (who is a huge reason why ISU is as good as they are today. Thanks for the pointers on gameplanning and crootin'), I still feel welcomed in this community. Like I have the freedom to speak my mind and not have to worry about being shunned. For that, I thank you. Yes, you, the person reading this. Thank YOU!

The obvious guys, @inspiral2, @Soluna, @alienufo, and @stormstopper, for their sheer commitment but I'd like to thank @pumph for convincing me to stick it out with this rough gem of a team, @Jumbo for giving me tutelage as a lowly scout and stealing my JUCO, @DarthJarJar for helping me when I'm being oblivious.  @GigemAgs for representing MWC pride. Also @Darman and @Qupax for being cool peoples.

What brings me back is kinda cheesy but the imaginative and roleplay aspect of CFBHC. I can imagine what my players look like or what happens in a game whether it was a decisive Touchdown or a blundering turnover. The crooting aspect is also really fun and competitive.

If I don't check this site every few hours I suffer heroin-esque withdrawal symptoms.

But also some awesome people on here. Specifically the Falcons FO @acewulf, @Quasar, and @Ricky Campbell; Some awesome coaches in C-USA, notably @Bubada, @mahrowkeen, @Wonderbread, @Isaac, @Qupax. Y'all are great coaches and I enjoy the challenge of competing with you year-after-year.

gib likes.

But seriously, the biggest thing about this sim is it has a vibrant community. I can play madden and NCAA 14, but having a community with real story-lines and interaction is what makes this stuff superior.

There’s nothing else comparable to this site and i’d like to thank @Soluna for the work he puts in. 

As for CFBHC, I personally enjoy competing with real coaches. Particularly, the strategy that comes with gameplanning. There’s a satisfying feeling that comes with winning a game after making adjustments. 

The media also brings the sim to life. If only there was a way to visualize what was going on every weekend. It’s what makes this community so great!

I’d like to thank @cultur3 for crooting so well, it’s what keeps me coming back. Terrible coach tho

For obvious reasons, I love football

But I’ve enjoyed alot of the friendships I’ve made on this site. Most notably @Ape, @SolutionA, @TuscanSota, @llamas, and the Patriots FO fam @GigemAgs, @Bruno.

I think the friends that I’ve made here and also the fun and intensity that football on this site brings is a nice escape from the toughness and reality and has helped me in ways and times that I really haven’t enjoyed life. So thank you everyone

Thank you to Soluna for making an incredibly engaging sim and for being the core of such a strong and diverse community. Thanks to inspiral and alien for the work in running key parts of the sim and helping to feed our collective addiction. Storm and Bubada create fantastic media and are integral parts of the site in their own right. Others like Jieret, Rabid and Klemm are so valuable with their efforts for stat tracking and maintenance as well as being great characters in their own right.

@Rome is my guy. We talk a lot about a lot, and while I don't always make sense of what he's saying its always a good time. Thanks for bringing me to Cincinnati and being a great guiding force for the rest of us in the Bengals FO. @Jamarquan @caesari my Bengal bros. You guys were picked for two reasons. Firstly, I respect both of you tremendously, and secondly because you are great fun to talk to. Here's to the continued development of the team and some good times along the way.

@Jumbo is a key part of the community and a slightly above average guy. Thanks Dad. If I think about it in a vacuum, its kinda strange that I've taken so much life advice from @Time, but I'm alive and thriving so I'm pretty happy that I have. I've had plenty of deep discussions with @rocksaucesundae that were very insightful, and the strength you have shown through adversity is amazing. Not to mention how fun talking to you is, regardless of the topic.

@cultur3 @GigemAgs @llamas are great for talking about music, crooting and everything in between. @Dean has more faith in my coaching ability than I do and is always a super positive dude, which is something that I really respect. Love you fellas.

Little enjoyments? 

1. When people get really into the site. People like Haff and Slinky come to mind, showing undying love and devotion for their players as well as creating quality media pieces.

2. Great memes. My favourites are cultur3, Emp, Kremit and llamas.

The sim is addictive, but the community keeps me coming back everyday even when games aren't up. Thanks to everyone, both those mentioned and not, for being a part of such a great group.