Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

If You Can Dodge the Super Bowl, You Can Dodge a Ball

It's Pro Bowl season again, and with the return of the skills competition, Ron Rice (#97) will attempt to defend his dodgeball title.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
npklemm

[2023] CCG Preview

MACConferenceFeatureLogo.png?w=1200

:cmu: Coach - @robcarlson77

:ohio: Coach - @bbates728

Team Stats Comparison

PPG:

:ohio: - 25.58

:cmu: - 34.08

PYPG:

:ohio: - 281.92

:cmu: - 320.17

RYPG:

:ohio: - 67.42

:cmu: - 103.50

Turnovers

:ohio: - 6

:cmu: - 4

3rd % Conversion

:ohio: - 37%

:cmu: - 48%

PPGA:

:ohio: - 19.83

:cmu: - 20.75

PYPGA:

:ohio: - 188.83

:cmu: - 200.83

RYPGA:

:ohio: - 90.75

:cmu: - 98.50

Takeaways:

:ohio: - 10

:cmu: - 14

3rd % Conversion Allowed:

:ohio: - 34%

:cmu: - 33%

Key Players

Ohio

1. QB Austin Lowe - Lowe has had a fantastic season, passing for over 3,300 Yards for 26 Touchdowns on 62% Completion. Ohio is only at it's best when Lowe is at his best. Ohio doesn't have much of a running game (67.42 yards/game), so Lowe has to play well. In their Week 13 loss against CMU, Lowe threw 20/37 Passes for 240 Yards with 1 TD and 1 Pick. He has to be much better this week.

2. TE Miles Hooker. Hooker was very quiet early in the season, but has come on incredibly strong over the last 10 weeks of the season. He leads the conference in Yards/Game with 99.6. He's been the most consistent Bobcat. CMU's LB corps isn't super great, and I think Hooker can exploit them over the middle.

3. CB Ousmane King. CMU is one of the most prolific passing offenses in the country. You have to defend the pass well, or you'll get eaten alive. That's where King comes in. The Senior will get matched up with Joseph Aikman (MAC leading Receiver). King has 3 Picks and a PD on the season. Not the biggest statsheet stuffer out there, but that's not all it takes to a CB. You have to turn the Chips over if you want to win, and Ousmane has to play a big role in that.

Central Michigan

1. RB Daveed Huff - Huff has been...ok. He has 948 Yards with 14 Touchdowns on 4.84 YPC. He hasn't been real consistent this year, but if you can pair a solid running game with this stellar passing game, you have an almost unbeatable offense.

2. OLB Bradley Lloyd. Lloyd has 21 Tackles, 1 TFL, 2 Sacks, and 2 PD. But, Lloyd will be primarily responsible for covering Miles Hooker. If Lloyd can keep Hooker contained, CMU should be able to slow down this offense enough to win. Should be noted however, that Hooker had 5 catches for 78 Yards in the Week 13 Match-Up.

3. CB DeSean Mathis. Mathis leads the conference with 7 Interceptions (and he's added 3 PD). Mathis will be covering WR Jordan Barnes (75 Receptions, 904 Yards, 9 TDs). You cannot let Barnes get going. He's not a burner by any measure, but he's strong and hits his marks perfectly. if he gets into a rhythm, this Bobcat passing game can do some real dangerous things.

Score Prediction

:cmu: 35

:ohio: 24

Byron Suggs is a God. I love Austin Lowe, but he is nowhere near Suggs' level. Plus you add in Huff on the ground, and this Chips offense can score on any play or drive. Ohio's defense is solid, but I think they'll struggle to slow down the Chips, especially after Halftime. If Ohio is going to win, they'd need a 300+ Yard Game from Lowe with no turnovers and they contain Suggs. That feels like too tall of a task for the Bobcats.

I was nervous in our first matchup and more nervous this time around. The moral of my season is if I can score 30 points I’m in good shape. I’ve won all but one game when scoring 30 points. 

I'm just glad it’s an indoor game because Suggs has struggled in the elements. 

I am happy to have this opportunity to play in the big games and am honored that my team instills fear in my opposition.

That said, this game won't be close. Every stat above shows the superiority of the Chips and I fully expect them to handle this game. Byron Suggs is the man and Coach Carlson seems to know just how to get the best out of him.

Score prediction:

CMU 45

Ohio 21

2 hours ago, bbates728 said:

I am happy to have this opportunity to play in the big games and am honored that my team instills fear in my opposition.

That said, this game won't be close. Every stat above shows the superiority of the Chips and I fully expect them to handle this game. Byron Suggs is the man and Coach Carlson seems to know just how to get the best out of him.

Score prediction:

CMU 45

Ohio 21

You shouldn’t sell your team short.

The basis of my fear is my defense. They have far outperformed their level of talent and every game I’m afraid they will play at their actual skill level or below. 

2 hours ago, robcarlson77 said:

You shouldn’t sell your team short.

The basis of my fear is my defense. They have far outperformed their level of talent and every game I’m afraid they will play at their actual skill level or below. 

Psssst I think that means you are a good coach. 

I definitely dont don’t want to take away what has been a great season for these imaginary men but I think I have struggled getting consistent results against teams with a similar or better skill level. 

That said, Miles Hooker makes me feel good about myself. :)