Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

If You Can Dodge the Super Bowl, You Can Dodge a Ball

It's Pro Bowl season again, and with the return of the skills competition, Ron Rice (#97) will attempt to defend his dodgeball title.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Soluna

Guess the NFL Player from the Career Stat Line

I'm going to throw a random name out there. Being a huge Pacers fan the only guy I can think of with the same name that has played QB also would be Aaron Brooks.

I also remember he was drafted by the Packers but I think was traded to the Saints before playing for them for a couple years so it makes me think it would be him even more. 

Derek Anderson?

4 hours ago, MasonAsher said:

I'm going to throw a random name out there. Being a huge Pacers fan the only guy I can think of with the same name that has played QB also would be Aaron Brooks.

I also remember he was drafted by the Packers but I think was traded to the Saints before playing for them for a couple years so it makes me think it would be him even more. 

Correct!

This man was the definition of a journeyman.

Drafted in the 6th round he never started 16 games in a season. He was designated the starter his rookie year but was injured before the season started starting off an injury ridden career. While a college standout in both football and baseball he was drafted in the MLB draft 3 separate times. Over his 15* year career, this man threw 76 touchdowns against 92 interceptions. He also didn't play in the NFL in 2000 before coming back for three more years where he finally got his first starting job at the age of 36 and started 14 games. He would toil away in a backup role for two more years before retiring at the age of 39. Throughout his career, he appeared in 104 games while starting just 84 of them.

10 minutes ago, MasonAsher said:

Drafted in the 6th round he never started 16 games in a season. He was designated the starter his rookie year but was injured before the season started starting off an injury ridden career. While a college standout in both football and baseball he was drafted in the MLB draft 3 separate times. Over his 15* year career, this man threw 76 touchdowns against 92 interceptions. He also didn't play in the NFL in 2000 before coming back for three more years where he finally got his first starting job at the age of 36 and started 14 games. He would toil away in a backup role for two more years before retiring at the age of 39. Throughout his career, he appeared in 104 games while starting just 84 of them.

Jeff Blake

9 minutes ago, Dean said:

Jeff Blake

Nope! 

Great guess but Blake was a starter for a few years and threw almost double the touchdowns our guy did.

Tommy gunz Maddox

1 hour ago, nemolee.exe said:

Mike Buck? 

1 hour ago, smackemz said:

Tommy gunz Maddox

Nope...

I'll give a hint at the next wrong answer.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, MasonAsher said:

I wanted to guess like Drew Henson but he would be way too young lol. 

I didn't really get into the NFL until like the 2003 season (to be fair, I turned 8 that year) so it's hard to remember which QBs were old at the time, I mean Favre was considered aging and he was only in like his 12th season. So I'm going to guess like Rich Gannon, which doesn't seem right because Im pretty sure he started for the Vikings earlier in his career, but I know he was an older QB because he was on the Raiders around then, and our YMCA flag team was the "Raiders" so we all got kinda into them, and I know he was out of the league shortly after that.

8 minutes ago, llamas said:

I wanted to guess like Drew Henson but he would be way too young lol. 

I didn't really get into the NFL until like the 2003 season (to be fair, I turned 8 that year) so it's hard to remember which QBs were old at the time, I mean Favre was considered aging and he was only in like his 12th season. So I'm going to guess like Rich Gannon, which doesn't seem right because Im pretty sure he started for the Vikings earlier in his career, but I know he was an older QB because he was on the Raiders around then, and our YMCA flag team was the "Raiders" so we all got kinda into them, and I know he was out of the league shortly after that.

Good guess but nope!

Here are 3 hints:

He has three of the same vowel in his last name.

He played at USC and won the Johnny Unitas award his senior year.

He started the season as the starting QB for the Super Bowl Champ Panthers in 2003, but played so poorly that he was replaced by Jake Delhomme in the second half of the very first game.

Rodney Peete

51 minutes ago, MasonAsher said:

Bingo! 

Wasn't he the starter in Detroit for a while though? 

Alright I have a good one I think.

2 teams over 10 years. Didn’t appear in a game in 3 of those seasons. 2,944 career rushing yards, 1,410 receiving, 27 total touchdowns. 

both teams he played for have animal mascots. Neither won a Super Bowl while he was there, but his teams appeared in 4 total championship games (although he didn’t appear in all of those due to injuries). 

7 hours ago, joedchi said:

Wasn't he the starter in Detroit for a while though? 

He was, but he never started a full year in the NFL.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, caesari said:

2 teams over 10 years. Didn’t appear in a game in 3 of those seasons. 2,944 career rushing yards, 1,410 receiving, 27 total touchdowns. 

both teams he played for have animal mascots. Neither won a Super Bowl while he was there, but his teams appeared in 4 total championship games (although he didn’t appear in all of those due to injuries). 

Jay Cutler? 

On 2/6/2020 at 5:14 PM, caesari said:

2 teams over 10 years. Didn’t appear in a game in 3 of those seasons. 2,944 career rushing yards, 1,410 receiving, 27 total touchdowns

I had to look it up. My first thought was Willie Parker and I'm not sure why because I know he just played for the Steelers.

I'll give everyone a hint: at the end of his career, he was in fact a Bronco with Jay Cutler.

No. Running back.