Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

Free-Agency-For-All

Former Bills RB Ron Thomas, Rams WR Allama Banta, Jets OG Joe Farmer, and Jaguars DE Preston Bryant are among the top free agents in this year's class.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

NFLHC Europe  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this user proposed idea?

• It's good, but I wouldn't join because I'm part of NFLHC or not interested.
    • It's good, and I would be interested in joining it.
    • I don't really care either way.
    • It's not good or not interesting to me.

This has been asked for a few times recently in the feedback that go directly to me so I said I would bring it up to a vote.

What would you guys thinking about adding an NFLHC Europe that acts as basically NFLHC with slightly reduced rules and more simplified GM stuff. Several new users want to join NFLHC but most teams there appear to be filled, they could gain experience here.

Additionally, I would add a rule that you cannot be in both NFLHC and NFLHC Europe.

I'd love it as i've been looking to get into NFLHC for a little bit and this looks like a cool opportunity. 

Change my vote to 

It's good, but I wouldn't join because I'm part of NFLHC or not interested.

Since Walt is fated to being an assistant coach at NC State and also cultur3 is sending me death threats/videos from his security camera of us doing lewd acts on his couch on discord for thinking of leaving him :eyes:

This is the perfect thing I feel to get more people into the NFLHC style. Hopefully longer lived than the real life NFL Europe

Hopefully more franchises than the actual NFL Europe.

I like this idea but my interest heavily depends on what kind of players will be in the league. I would follow it pretty closely if the rosters are made up of young NFLHC players who didn't make it in NFLHC in the 65-75 rating range and maybe some higher rated veterans trying to get back to NFLHC like Buzz, or Bobby Kaleidoscope, or maybe someone like Brad Davis. I would not pay attention to it if it's a bunch of 60-70 rated former 3.5 and 4.0 players who don't really have a shot at making an NFLHC roster.

I think it will definitely help new users get into NFLHC. I know for the Titans, I would not hire a scout that doesn't have experience. Not worth the money. SageBow has been our only scout and he has more experience than I do. But if a guy spends a year as an NFLHC Europe GM/Coach/Whatever, I would be much more likely to hire them, even if they sucked. 

Especially because a lot of newer coaches get teams that have players that would usually fall into the skill range of player that would qualify for NFLHC Europe as well I think it would be interesting. I think it would be cool if there's some potential for later round NFLHC guys to maybe decide to go to Europe for $$ or development reasons. There's a lot of potential in adding an additional professional league I think. As long as the coach base is active and engaged I think this is a natural progression from adding some FCS last season.

I will say though, I would probably rank previous mentioned additions to NFLHC, like the ownership update, higher on my list of what-I-want's than an additional league. I think it can add a cool aspect to the less-intensive Owner job compared to GM and HC. I think some people hold this role dual with another job so Owner/GM or Owner/HC, so I think another way to open up 5-10 slots would be to only allow people to hold one position permanently in NFLHC. (Only one "Owner/GM" in real life)

Overall I think its a great concept and maybe I should've put my suggestion in a separate suggestion thread, but seemed really relevant especially since you're looking to open additional spots. Especially if new features (ex. creating prices for goods like tickets and hotdogs that effect attendance and home field advantage, creating revenue for the franchise, using that on franchise "upgrades" like better training facilities or stadium update/upgrade) and concepts were created and delegated to the owner role, I could see some Owner/GM or Owner/HC creating a few open NFLHC spots by giving that role to someone new. I just think there's so much potential in the owner role to create something unique to NFLHC like we used to see in Madden Franchise ~2008 where you really had a lot of control over all aspects of the franchise.

I think it would be really cool to see some lower skilled players that aren't cut out for NFLHC get a shot somewhere else professionally. I'm excited to hear more I can think of plenty of other questions that come to mind when it comes to creating an entirely new league, definitely a cool concept.

I'm mostly reflecting the thoughts of others on this thread. In particuar I'd be curious if it would be the 6 team format they historically went with after the WLAF

I like the idea of having more people able to do nflhc type things, but I'm pretty strongly against nflhc Europe. It feels like something that will take a lot of time and would be hard to fill teams after a while. Having more roles, including more defined media roles for non NFLHC members is something I'd be more in favor of

I'm in the "I like it, but not leaving NFLHC" camp, but with one question.  Every addition to this site adds to Soluna's workload.    Is this content adding enough to the site as a whole to justify taxing that limited amount of time Soluna has for doing things only he can do on the site?   

It could be a really nice place for 3.0 and 3.5 CFBHC talent to continue their careers, amongst NFLHC rejects....and a nice "minor league" for NFLHC teams to scout from (though the logistics for that would be another story)

I too am strongly against this for the same reasons Darman mentioned - Adding more work for very little payoff to the site as a whole.

If people want to get involved with NFLHC and learn the game, I'd suggest opening up the NFLHC roles a little, allowing teams to employ multiple scouts or assistants, and allow them to work under the current regime and learn from them.  It grooms that talent pool of new NFLHC players and doesn't add any additional work for Soluna/Alien.

8 hours ago, Bubada said:

I like this idea but my interest heavily depends on what kind of players will be in the league. I would follow it pretty closely if the rosters are made up of young NFLHC players who didn't make it in NFLHC in the 65-75 rating range and maybe some higher rated veterans trying to get back to NFLHC like Buzz, or Bobby Kaleidoscope, or maybe someone like Brad Davis. I would not pay attention to it if it's a bunch of 60-70 rated former 3.5 and 4.0 players who don't really have a shot at making an NFLHC roster.

I think it will definitely help new users get into NFLHC. I know for the Titans, I would not hire a scout that doesn't have experience. Not worth the money. SageBow has been our only scout and he has more experience than I do. But if a guy spends a year as an NFLHC Europe GM/Coach/Whatever, I would be much more likely to hire them, even if they sucked. 

It would be the first thing you listed

I put the first option, but I think I've be swayed toward the other end now. These are great points:

2 hours ago, Darman said:

It feels like something that will take a lot of time and would be hard to fill teams after a while. Having more roles, including more defined media roles for non NFLHC members is something I'd be more in favor of

20 minutes ago, pumph said:

If people want to get involved with NFLHC and learn the game, I'd suggest opening up the NFLHC roles a little, allowing teams to employ multiple scouts or assistants, and allow them to work under the current regime and learn from them.  It grooms that talent pool of new NFLHC players and doesn't add any additional work for Soluna/Alien.

I think as of now we have 3 major NFLHC roles (Owner, GM, and Coach) and 1 minor role (Scout) but these 4 roles don't feel like they're at their full potential. Owner and Scouts in particular seem like they could benefit from more depth in responsibility which would allow more people to get involved with teams. As of now the 3 major roles seem to be easily covered by one or two people which restricts the amount of people that can get involved in this aspect of the site.

If the goal is getting more people involved, here's some rough ideas:

• Don't allow one-person organizations. Only allow users to have two of the three major roles, like Owner/GM.
  • Develop the ownership role so it's harder for someone to take on multiple roles as owner. 
  • (Re)introduce fan opinion so that Ownership/HC/GM is not guaranteed if consistent mediocrity is shown. It's not exactly true to real life, but it allows people on the site to take on roles or move up in place of complacent users.

If the goal is to develop middle/low level players for the NFLHC then:

• Expand the scouting role so scouts can develop and learn more about other players not on their team
  • Run with the NFL Europa but really dumb it down so it feels more like a minor league system. Maybe just allow a head coach and allow NFLHC Scouts to gain more information than what's public on players they've pre-chosen to scout. 

Go Amsterdam Admirals

My first concern is the amount of work that this adds to the site... but like, if Soluna wanted to can it after a couple of seasons, then it'd be very much like the IRL NFL Europe. I love it.

So, with that in mind... can I have a team?

I voted for the first option but I am very cautious about it.  I don't know what kind of workload it would put on Soluna, but I don't really want there to be much added to him there.  But ultimately only he knows how much busier that would make him.  That said, it can't be a simpler version and accomplish it's goal bc that is essentially what college coaching is.  I think a few other things would help get more people involved in NFLHC more without increasing the workload.  

1) Remove the requirement to pay scouts.  This would make it where every franchise could get someone and not have to do a cost analysis on it, but rather just use it to teach someone the game.  

2) Port the NFLHC gameplan over to CFBHC.  I know this has always been the plan but it is difficult to do.  And maybe it is so difficult to do it is a non-starter, but if we could do it it would allow people to gain experience coaching in the same system while at the college level and thus coach their way into the NFL ranks by virtue of their college success

3) Don't allow 1 person organizations - Only allow an Owner to double as a GM or a coach but not both.  That opens up a few spots.

4) I don't like this one, but if you went for a realistic approach you could introduce hiring/firing based on performance somewhere that would create front office turnover at coach and gm.  Also, then I wouldn't be like the only gm to get fired lol. 

I would also be interested to know how many people are looking for an NFL job that don't have one.  I don't feel like I see a lot of people trying to find one.  I know when I was trying to hire a scout I posted about it and didn't get any messages about it so I started contacting people that were active and finally found one.  And Miami took a long time to find a GM.  So are there actually lots of people wanting to get involved in NFL that can't? 

Last thought that I feel would be really easy is what if you allowed teams to bring on a 2nd scout (again this would require paying them to not be a requirement) and let teams essentially use them as an OC and a DC. Basically let them specialize on a side of the ball and help the coach formulate the Gameplan for that side. I would personally look for a 2nd person if this was allowed 

I will say that I do like the idea in theory. But I worry about the sustainability of the league

35 minutes ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

4) I don't like this one, but if you went for a realistic approach you could introduce hiring/firing based on performance somewhere that would create front office turnover at coach and gm.  Also, then I wouldn't be like the only gm to get fired lol. 

No thanks 

11 hours ago, Bubada said:

I would not pay attention to it if it's a bunch of 60-70 rated former 3.5 and 4.0 players who don't really have a shot at making an NFLHC roster.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I wanna see Gavin Copeland play professionally. I would love a "minor league".

2 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Also, then I wouldn't be like the only gm to get fired lol. 

Hey Ill have you know I fired myself as Vikinge GM. I did have bellwood in the wings, but the Vikings were going to have a new GM regardless. 

3 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

Also, then I wouldn't be like the only gm to get fired lol

Ahem.