Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

If You Can Dodge the Super Bowl, You Can Dodge a Ball

It's Pro Bowl season again, and with the return of the skills competition, Ron Rice (#97) will attempt to defend his dodgeball title.

The Cleveland Browns are On The Clock

The Browns dodged a winless season but still clinched the #1 pick. Who will they take #1 overall? Will they even keep the pick?
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Soluna

What are you most excited for concerning your CFBHC team next year?

Could be a player, positional unit, schedule, or something else.

The majority of my team returns which is exciting.  The most concerning thing is breaking/learning a new QB.  If I do that quickly, it could be a great season. 

My offensive line is my biggest concern. But my most exciting piece is my young QB

Same answer for Nervous. 

Benjamin Lockwood. I spent an ungodly amount of points to secure a commitment from him. It cost me multiple 4.0/4.5 players that recruiting cycle. He is the make or break piece of this roster over the next 3-4 seasons. I dont have the time rn to recruit another QB. He progressed +1 and has some good WR/TE talent so I’m hoping he can hit the ground running 

The offense next year should be the best in school history. Taylor Cook gets another year under his belt to develop some consistency, and hopefully he can put together more of his high level performances. When he was good, he was REALLY good. We also had probably our best rushing offense in school history headed by (So) Matteo Cates, who should be a 4/5 next year.

Also, I'll get to start two true freshmen who were ranked #1 at their position coming out of high school (or at least that's how I console myself on losing so many early decs)

Just a fresh start.  It's no secret that 2023 was a disappointing season for me.

I return almost everyone, minus my 5.0/5.0 QB.  So obviously, while the overall amount of talent I bring back is improved, there will be an adjustment period and a learning curve for my new QB and offense.

Specifically, the improved defense is something I can look forward to.  While I have not been progressed yet, the talent I return, combined with those coming off of redshirts, should allow me to have both a more talented defense AND one that fits a specific scheme better than the one I have been playing.  We're not 100% there, but getting very close.

The fact I return 10 starters from an offense that began to finally start hitting its stride last year, oh and Laquon Boston.

Super excited to get to use Elias Goff. After how terrible my QBs were last season, I'm excited to get to use one that hopefully isn't terrible. Also I've never coached a pocket passer in CFBHC so I'm excited to get to try out some new things offensively. 

First season at OSU not with Ian Baldwin at the helm. Very excited to see what a freshman QB can do thrown into the fire. He should have some good pieces around him, especially with a 5/5 Sr WR staying. God speed Cutler. 

I'm excited for the offense: I've NEVER had an across-the-board solid offense, but year 2 of Josh Allman with some serious weapons in Gage/Solomon/Booth plus 1,400 yard back Luke Cleary and a good line should be really fun, provided I learn how to offense. 

I'm drastically scared for the Special Teams situation. Thought I had a kicker locked up, whoops...guess I hope we blow people out so we don't even need to worry about kicking. I'm a tiny bit worried about stud POTENTIAL CBs that are pretty young, but that's about it. 

It feels like a new era for us, with new starters at QB and RB. Those two positions are completely unknown going into this next season, but they theoretically have a lot of skill. This is the first reload really for my program, which will be interesting. My division gets stronger, but I'm still optimistic about my chances to win a 4th straight division Championship with the talent I bring back. Outside of QB and RB I don't lose much, but anything is still something

I'm most excited to see the only create-a-croot in the sim play: CB Deacon Jackson III 6-1 185 (Fr) New Deal (New Deal TX) 2.5 of 5.0 [Zone Coverage]. I think I'll play him as my #1 CB right away. He played in my spring game last year and had a PR TD. He won't be the returner for the next couple seasons but I hope that shows he can be a playmaker. And he got a nice +1.5 progression. Really wish I could have got one more win this year so I could make his brother.

I'm extremely excited to see what I can do in a post Youngblood world. It's going to be pretty challenging because I didn't find a top end QB and focused building elsewhere first (QB choices of 3.5/3.5 (JR), 2/4 (FR), 2.5/4 FR)

The skill players around whoever I go with with be fun. I'm going to try to get creative with a Thunder/Lightening run game with my 2 RBs. 

• RB Chris Fraser 5-6 199 (Sr) Mid-Pacific Institute (Honolulu HI) 4.5 of 4.5 [Power]
  • RB Miles Logan 5-8 196 (So) Kamehameha (Honolulu HI) 4.0 of 4.0 [Speed]
  • WR Lahahana Mulinu'u 6-1 162 (Sr) Mid-Pacific Institute (Honolulu HI) 4.5 of 4.5 [Speed]
  • WR Wesley Davis 6-3 151 (So) Horizon (San Diego CA) 3.5 of 4.5 [Speed]
  • WR Kwon Cleveland 6-2 199 (Jr) Barton County Community College (Great Bend KS) 3.5 of 4.5 [Target]
  • TE Jaden McKinney 6-6 209 (Jr) Hillsborough (Tampa FL) 3.5 of 3.5 [Receiving]
  • TE Gabriel Berrocal 6-0 240 Fr Archbishop McCarthy ( FL) 2.5 of 5.0 [Blocking]

Definitely my RB and upgraded OL. That 4.5/5.0 JUCO OT was a godsend. I also think this season I'll be able to start at least 3.5s across the line for the first time ever. If I get a good progression from my RB, I think I could do some real damage on the ground.

Dunno what his exact stats will be till progressions, but TE JaWuan Darby will be finishing his redshirt year, meaning I'll have him and Rakeem as two weapons for whoever I decide will QB this year.

My first recruiting class at FSU is now hitting their RS senior year, I'm only losing two non-ST starters from last season and I'll finally have the personnel to fully utilize the schemes I want to on both sides of the ball, especially defense. This is finally "my team" and I'm very excited for 2024. 

Though, now I should have no excuses when we underperform.

Probably recruiting. I’ve always claimed to be bad at it but I’ve at least had some excuses in the past. Both of my previous schools have been at places where multiple other schools in state have a large advantage over me. That isn’t the case anymore, I’m now the only school in my state. I’ll also be in the G5 pool again.

As far as my actual team as it stands, idk. A few players really excite me. There are some 5.0s on my roster and I’ve never really had one, the only one that I’ve ever actually played is PK Crowe. So that will be fun.

Just coaching my school will be tons of fun so I’m really looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, GigemAgs said:

2/4 (FR), 2.5/4 FR

Damn I am actually curious to see who you choose to start out of these two 

Ready to watch DM slide thru your defense

RB Demarion Moore 6-0 210 So Dreher (Columbia SC) 4.0 of 5.0 [Speed]

Having JWJ and Matt Ballard back for one more run with improvements to the oline that held us back this year. Hoping to help them earn some high draft stock back.

Dareion mothafuckin Stallworth baby

Excited to get another year of development in my QB, while having good seniors at RB, TE, and WR.

Our OL is getting better and better too, offense is really coming along.

The defending FCS Champs are returning 8/11 starters on offense and only 3/11 starters on defense. It'll be a whole new secondary which is always scary, but hopefully the offense will put up ridiculous numbers. Of the 3 guys leaving, one is a 3/3 WR who is easily replaceable, one is a 3.5/3.5 TE who has a 2/3.5 as his backup (pre-progression) and a 4/4 RT who we're replacing with...a 4/4.5 JUCO OT. So expect a lot of ISU games to be like 35-30 next year.

I am also starting a 1/4 Kicker next year so we'll see how that goes. My guess is, not very well! (But could be worse)

QB Mark Sanchez 6-4 194 Fr Frankfort (Frankfort IN) 3.0 of 3.0 [Hybrid]

I probably won't reach a bowl game but at least I have him.

Year one of a two year plan for a greatly improved Offensive Line and numerous upgrades to compete this year.  One senior starter (Kicker) from 24 starters this season.