Paul World

Backup QB Paul Davenport has the Saints out to a surprise 2-0 start. He's also 13th in NFLHC in rushing yards.

Croots Pls

CFBHC recruiting, and Local Connections, start soon!
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Sign in to follow this  
SyndaKyt

[2024] Branding Iron Presents: Strickland Business

Branding Iron

#DoingItForTheBrandingIron

Taking the reins – Valley Ventana

LARAMIE, WY

On a brisk January afternoon, four-star prospect Adam Strickland flips through the usual assortment of college recruitment offers and letters he receives to play Quarterback for some prestigious D-I university. He skims over the letters, until he comes across a brown and yellow envelope. He is slightly amused at the sight of a mere Wyoming Cowboys offer, after the less than subpar consecutive 4-8 seasons. If you told this kid he'd be playing for UW in the future, he would take this insult in a manner of sheer disrespect. He's got big dreams and aspirations, and in his words, Wyoming can,"Piss Off." The 6'3, 220 LB. QB outta Sioux Falls is a natural and is not afraid to flaunt his skills. Apparently, he benches,"too much" and is quick-witted, sometimes for his own good. However, on the field, he is a very instinctive player and vocal at all times. Something you need in a shot caller.

Wyo QB Edit.jpg

Shockingly, after his first visit and some reflection, Strickland chose Wyoming over a collection of schools to play ball. Fast forward to present day, and the rising QB has now impressed the coaching staff with a superb 270 yard, 3 TD (2 passing and 1 rushing) spring game performance. He's competed in the stressful QB battle and won the job over the RS Junior Dominic Barragan. He has consistently shown promise on and off the field. He connects really well with other incoming freshman WR Jevon Harvey-Grant, who he hopes to throw lots of Bombs and Jump Balls to in the coming years.

Wyoming-QB-Levi-Williams-at-Arizona-Bowl

What is his motivation you ask? He is inspired by his family, especially his grandfather. Strickland expresses, "I just want to make my Paw-Paw proud of me. He said I was born a winner and I want to show em that." He is hoping to lead the Pokes to their first bowl game in ages, as he wants to elevate this program to a better level. HC SyndaKyt believes he can be a great leader and driver of the offense. An anonymous fan had this to say about Strickland.

"Man, Adam is a mf'in baller. It's Strickland business all out on the field! If he doesn't succeed, I bet my balls on him."

It's just as he says, Strickland Business.

Thank you for reading the Branding Iron.