Bred First To Be Champions

The SMU Mustangs are your 11th CFBHC National Champions!

Detroit Sends Lions to Maul Chiefs

Detroit has won Super Bowl X! DE Ilan Kuhn was named Super Bowl MVP with 1.5 sacks and fumble recovery TD.

Training Camp SZN

Training camp has now opened up. The defending AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs got to it early as they try to make their way back to Super Bowl XI.

The Cleveland Browns Select Zach Lombardi

With the first overall pick in the 2024 NFLHC Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Zach Lombardi, Quarterback, Navy.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

Please enter your display name

Wahoo

CFBHC Penitentiary Mafia (Game Thread)

The long, hard life inside the maximum security prison was far from the picture given to the outside world, even in name alone. The Correctional Facility for Behavioral Health and Comfort, commonly referred to as the CFBHC Penitentiary, was full of the surliest group of criminals ever assembled under one roof.

For fear of the inmates and staff's safety, the prisoners were only allowed to exit their darkened cells for 30 minutes a day, and always kept far away from other inmates.

In fact, it is safe to say that most of the inmates did not know the identities of each other.  The Warden wanted it that way.  He felt that keeping them apart would prevent them from organizing, and he was right.  The Warden even went so far as to rig various doors with explosives to stop inmates from escaping.  It still did not stop the occasional escape attempt, and there were thoughts that hidden objects to help escape had been planted by a paid-off night guard. The Warden, suspicious of corruption, had just replaced many of his long-time staff.  In fact, it is safe to say that the inmates would not even recognize most of the guards.  The Warden himself, kept his identity hidden from the inmates, for fear that once released into society, they might look for revenge against his cruel treatment of the prisoners.  And from behind his desk, he knew of the many talents of the 245 imprisoned men under his care, but refused to link those men’s' files to their faces.   

One of the recently dismissed guards - the one who planted the hidden items - decided to take out his frustration against the Warden, and cut off all power to the remote penitentiary, and even destroyed the backup generators, phone lines, cell phone towers, and vehicles of the staff.  (He was electrocuted in this really over-the-top, but entirely thorough process of completely isolating the prison from the outside world).

In an attempt to restore the power, a maintenance worker was able to temporarily give the penitentiary power, but the ensuing surge temporarily opened all of the cell doors and killed him as well.  A mad rush of manpower ensued with guards being overtaken, and plenty of prisoners being gunned down in the process.  It wasn't until the inmates started to realize that some of the doors had been booby-trapped with explosives by the twisted Warden that they slowly decided to take a more cautious approach and all gathered in the mess hall to devise an exit strategy.  They knew that the prison, without power, was completely cut off from the outside world, and decided to work together to navigate their way out.

They had to carefully pick their way through the prison, one room at a time, to the main gate.  But with the power flashing on for just one minute per day, and with CFBHC Penitentiary being the most highly secured prison in the world, with no way of getting through the doors unless they were unlocked, they would have to move the group one room per day until they could get out.  And with potable water and food supplies dwindling, it was decided that the only way that they could ration enough food and water was to lynch one member of the group each day.  Even with taking into account any additional losses, it had to be done.  Heck, some of them just enjoy the thought of it anyway.

The guards were heavily outnumbered and running low on ammo after the firefight.  The Warden knew that he and his staff could not get out alive by running.  They would have to systematically kill off the remaining inmates, for their safety, and that of the free world.  He then devised a plan and quickly dressed everyone who was not an inmate in prisoner's fatigues and they all assimilated themselves into the group in the mess hall as it was assembling.  With the Warden's extensive training, he knew it would be difficult for even the most observant prisoner to detect him amongst them.  Knowing the layout of the prison, the location of the booby traps, and where some supplies they might need are located can help the prison staff survive, but only if they can use this knowledge to their advantage.  The Warden, knowing that items to aid an escapee had been hidden but was never able to locate where they might be, also knew that if anyone was going to get them, he wanted it to be one of his men.

After the entire group was assembled, it didn't take long for several of the prisoners to immediately recognize one guard, who had worked at the prison for nearly 20 years, and he was beaten to death instantly by nearly the entire group.  With all of the commotion, no one could really know who started the melee and who sat back in fear for their own life.  All of the prisoners knew though, that amongst their group of 28 remaining men trying to escape, they were not alone.  There were those that were going to try and stop them.

A quick check of the dead body confirmed that he was indeed a guard, and he was carrying a gun with a single bullet.

The group must decide both a direction to head in and a lynch candidate each day.  The first person to vote for the winning direction becomes the first person to attempt to open the door and enter the next room. They could be killed by a booby trap.  They could be the first to find and collect a hidden item.  On this day, you must also decide what to do with the loaded gun you have found.  It could come in handy in a number of ways no matter who gets it, and the group doesn’t trust itself enough to leave it behind – surely someone could grab it as the lights go out.  Knowing who has it is surely better than not.

Everyone had just run into the mess hall from the adjoining rooms, so the group does surmise that none of the mess halls' doors are booby-trapped.

What to do?  What to do?  The escape attempt from CFBHC Penitentiary has begun.

General Game Rules

1: Basic Mafia information can be found at http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_guide or http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

2: Activity: All living players are normally required to post at least one content posts per 24 hours (the weekend will count as one 24 hour period for the purpose of this rule). The definition of content is at my sole discretion. While this is the minimum that will normally be allowed, more activity will be expected. If something comes up that means you become unavailable, then PM me and we can discuss how to proceed.  If you will have a short-term absence that will cause a disruption to your activity, please PM me to alert me and explain.

3a: Voting to lynch in this game is mandatory. “No lynch” is NOT a valid option. All players must have a valid vote in place before any deadline is. If instalynch (more than 50% of the players voting for the lynch of one player) is reached then this rule will not apply.

3b: You may also vote for the direction the group will be headed.  This vote is NOT mandatory.  The group must move as one, and will move in the direction that leads the voting at the time of the end of the day period or when instalynch is reached, whichever comes first.  Should there be a tie, random.org will decide which of the tied directions is taken.  Once you have voted for the direction, you may not change your vote under any circumstance.  Valid directions are North-South-East-West.  You may reenter a room that you have already been in if that is what the group decides.

4: Players are required to vote in a standard Mafia fashion; votes must be in a separate line, preferably with an empty line above and below to make them clear (but this is not a requirement), votes must be in bold, votes must be preceded by ##. If you are unsure how to do this then please PM me and I will happily explain. Votes not following this format will be invalid.  Invalid votes may be punished by the Mod. Voting for a player must be preceded by an unvote if you already have a vote in place. Unvotes must be of the format "##unvote player name" and failure to unvote in the correct format will also result in an invalid vote having been cast. Please try and get your spelling correct and check your typing, but as long as it is clear what you mean and who you are referring to then the vote will be counted.

##Vote Soluna

is the correct format.

##Unvote Soluna

is the correct format.

##Unvote

is not accepted in this game.

The same goes for voting directions, though no unvoting is allowed in regards to direction.

5: If a lynch deadline is reached without anyone being instalynched, then the person leading the vote will be lynched.  Any tie will be resolved using random.org among the tied players.

6: If any player is replaced, I may choose to extend any deadline currently in place. This is totally at my discretion.

7: If any player dies during a game day for any reason within 24 hours of the lynch deadline, then the lynch deadline will be extended to give at least 24 hours from the kill being posted in the thread. It may be extended longer to make sure the game day finishes at a suitable time.

8: Dead players cannot talk. To be clear, dead players cannot talk in the game thread and they cannot talk in any off thread communication that you may have been permitted while alive as stated in your role PM. There will be no zombie posts (dead players posting in the thread) in this game. Any player that makes such a post may be refused entry into any future game hosted by me, and other hosts may frown upon this as well.

9: You are not entitled to communicate about this game with anyone other player outside of this thread unless your role PM specifically states that you can, and then only in the way that is stated in your role PM.

10: No talking about the game to anyone outside of the game, even if they are not playing and even if you, or they, are dead, without my express permission. This includes mentioning the game, or anything regarding the game, no matter how insignificant you think it might be, in any other forum (game or general mafia thread) while this game is still running.

11: If anyone, playing or not, attempts to contact you about anything regarding the game then you should not respond to it and you should inform me immediately.

12: There will be no twilight in this game. After a lynch the game will proceed to the night phase. Once an instalynch situation is reached, you are expected to stop posting. Anyone posting after an instalynch has been reached will be punished if it is by anything more than a few seconds. (I recommend cutting your full post, refreshing the thread and then pasting and posting to make sure nothing has been added since you started typing, especially if you are typing a large post).

13: You will be provided with a deadline to provide your night actions. Failure to send your night action (or a PM stating you are not using an action if your role allows that) before this deadline may result in your night action being unsuccessful or used randomly, at my discretion. You may also be punished. If I receive all night actions in good time, then I may consider starting the day phase earlier than advertised. Sending in provisional night actions before night has been reached is encouraged. PMs such as “If suchandsuch flips mafia then do thisandthat, but if he doesn’t flip scum, or isn’t lynched then I’ll need to think about it” are perfectly acceptable for provisional orders.

14: Night actions sent once the night phase has started cannot be altered after they have been sent. Please ensure that you are happy with your night action choice prior to sending me your PM. Provisional night actions can be changed but only if you notify me before the night phase begins, or you have put in a provision such as in the example in rule 11.

15: Editing posts is forbidden. If you are not happy with what you are about to post then I would suggest that you take time to read what you are posting before pressing the “post reply” button. This applies to the main game thread and any other thread you may be allowed to communicate in.

16: You are not forced to like each other but the fact that you badly want so and so lynched does not give you the right to be nasty to him or her. Criticism and heated debates are fine, and encouraged. Insulting will be allowed, but try not to go over the top or I may step in.

17: Quoting your role PM, any PM you receive from me or anything I write off thread (such as a direct chat to you), is strictly forbidden. You must paraphrase any communication you receive from me. If you are unsure about what you want to post in thread then you probably shouldn’t be posting it, but feel free to ask me first for clarification.

18: Random.org will be used for everything that requires randomness - http://www.random.org/

19: I reserve the right to punish, replace or modkill anyone for breaking any of the rules above. I would hope this would never become necessary. Modkills are strictly a last resort or for rule breaking that leaves no option. If a townie is modkilled, the day will end.

20: Anyone needing replaced without a very good reason or anyone that is modkilled for flaking or deliberate rule breaking has a good chance of not being accepted in to any of my future games, and other hosts probably wouldn’t look kindly on it either.

21: Any modkill will be specifically stated as such in the game. If it doesn’t say “modkill” then it wasn’t a modkill. If it does say “modkill” then it is. Simples!

22: This is not a bastard mod game.

23: This is a non-standard mafia game, where the roles are seemingly reversed.  The Prisoners will be considered “Town” and the Prison Staff will be considered “Mafia”, though the “good guys” would probably be considered the prison staff in a normal world.  Many role names have been changed to fit the flavor of the game.  If I feel that there is too much confusion over what a role is/was capable of after their flip, I may choose to fill in the blanks in the kill flavor, or possibly at a later time if I feel that the player’s role has been misinterpreted by the majority of players remaining in the game.

24: This is a role-heavy game, with many of the players capable of things due to their character’s background, training or items they may possess or find.

25: On occasions the Game Moderator may make mistakes. Feel free to PM me if you believe I have made an error and I will address it as soon as possible.

26: If there is anything you are unsure of then please feel free to PM me and ask.

Rules TL;DR

Go back up and read them. There are a lot of important things.

Main things to remember:

1. DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS OUTSIDE OF THE GAME THREAD. Yes, that includes shout box, PMs, and chatbox. 

2. You must have a vote before a deadline is reached. No Lynch is NOT an option in this game.

3. You can choose to vote on a direction to move, but this is not mandatory. You cannot change your selection once you cast a vote for a direction. Format: ##Vote South

4. Group voting to give a player an item works the same as direction voting. Format: ##Gun [player]. You have the option to replace a player's name with no one.

5. Correct Lynch voting format:

##Vote Soluna

If you had already cast a vote, you must invite to vote for a new person:

##Unvote Soluna

##Vote Wahoo

6. PM/Chatbox me with any questions 

Schedule

At the start, "days" are going to be a 48 hour period. The day will end if there is an instalynch. "Nights" will last 24 hours. I may alter these hours to make them end at reasonable times (ie, night lasting 30 hours so it coincides with the end of a day). 

I will try to keep the schedule updated in this post. The first day will end in 2 full days (11:59 PM Eastern time on Tuesday, May 5th).

Day 1 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern time on Tuesday, May 5th

Night 1 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern time on Wednesday, May 6th

Day 2 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Friday, May 8th

11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday, May 9th

Day 3 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Tuesday, May 12th

Night 3 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Thursday, May 14th

Day 4 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday, May 16th

Night 4 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, May 17th

Day 5 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Tuesday, May 19th

Night 5 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Wednesday, May 20th

Day 6 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Thursday, May 21st

Night 6 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Friday, May 22nd

Day 7 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday, May 23rd

Night 7 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Saturday, May 23rd

Day 8 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday, May 24th

Night 8 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Monday, May 25th

Day 9 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Tuesday, May 26th

Night 9 - Ends 11:59 PM Eastern on Wednesday, May 27th

Day 10 - Ended on Thursday, May 28th - GAME FINISHED

Dead People

Spoiler

imerman - Warden (Prison Staff Aligned)

Dean_Craig_Pelton - Prison Guard (Prison Staff Aligned)

sleuthofbears - Snitch (Prison Staff Aligned)

VerifiedThing - District Attorney (Prison Staff Aligned)

SageBow - Framer (Prison Staff Aligned)

Jamzz - Serial Killer (Third Party Aligned)

fever_ful - Convicted Doctor (Prisoner Aligned)

nemolee.exe - Convicted Cop (Prisoner Aligned)

anonemuss - Medic (Prisoner Aligned)

Hagan - Inside Man (Prisoner Aligned)

brightfalls - Convicted Airport Screener (Prisoner Aligned)

MasonAsher - Convicted Psychiatrist (Prisoner Aligned)

CadeRich5 - Light Sleeper (Prisoner Aligned)

Qupax - Tracker (Prisoner Aligned)

vtgorilla - Voyeur (Prisoner Aligned)

Kirby - Bodyguard (Prisoner Aligned)

FlutieFlakes - Tough Guy (Prisoner Aligned)

SyndaKyt - Thief (Prisoner Aligned)

jmjacobs - Escape Artist (Prisoner Aligned)

Time - Explosives Expert (Prisoner Aligned)

Jumbo - Reformed Inmate (Prisoner Aligned)

Dacder - Courier (Prisoner Aligned)

GK23 - Armed Prisoner (Prisoner Aligned)

grv413 - Sidekick (Prisoner Aligned)

All Players

anonemuss

brightfalls

CadeRich5

cmcgill

Dacder

Dean_Craig_Pelton

fever_ful

FlutieFlakes

GK23

grv413

HAFFnHAFF

Hagan

imerman

Jamzz

jared2001usa

jmjacobs

Jumbo

Kirby

MasonAsher

nemolee.exe

Osu

Qupax

SageBow

sleuthofbears

SyndaKyt

Time

VerifiedThing

vtgorilla

You may begin!

First day reminder:

The group must decide both a direction to head in and a lynch candidate each day.  The first person to vote for the winning direction becomes the first person to attempt to open the door and enter the next room. They could be killed by a booby trap.  They could be the first to find and collect a hidden item.  On this day, you must also decide what to do with the loaded gun you have found.  It could come in handy in a number of ways no matter who gets it, and the group doesn’t trust itself enough to leave it behind – surely someone could grab it as the lights go out.  Knowing who has it is surely better than not.

##Vote Dean_Craig_Pelton

I mean come it's obvious he's guilty scum

##Vote Dean_Craig_Pelton

200.gif

Mahomies, it’s big man ting Kirbzy here. Let’s get ourselves out of this shit hole and into freedom. I too will hold out from voting on a lynch until further discussion takes place. I’m reluctant to gut one of our own, so let’s make sure we make the right call and sniff out the scum.

There’s more to discuss than just lynching. Do we want to go to 12 or 21

9 +10 = 21 so lets go with that imo

I was 21 five years ago, whereas I was 12 fourteen years ago.

Therefore, 21 sounds good to me.

giphy.gif

I also support going to 21. @Wahoo what is the convention to vote in direction of travel?

32 minutes ago, SageBow said:

giphy.gif

I also support going to 21. @Wahoo what is the convention to vote in direction of travel?

Similar to voting for a person, but you can use the direction you want to move:

##Vote South 

I'll take the hit boys.

##Vote East

##Vote East

I'm down to lynch whoever, but I'm not gonna jump into that yet

##Vote North

I'll die for 21

1 minute ago, Osu said:

##Vote North

I'll die for 21

I believe its obvious that Osu grows more powerful with every move North we make. As such we must take him down before his power develops!

That is sarcasm.

##Vote North

21 baby.

##Vote North

I know that both directions have already been voted to move, but whenever we make our next move you should allow me to make the first official vote for it and go through the door first

##Vote East