What Can Brown Do For You?

With 270 yards 3 TDs, QB Brian Brown led the #7 seed Broncos to a 24-17 victory over Tennessee, Denver's first playoff win since 2018.

Defensive Swarm in Seattle

The #3 seed Seahawks won a drag-em-out game over Green Bay behind the defense, letting up 225 total yards and intercepting Jason Johnson twice.
News Ticker
  • Around the NFL | Divisional Weekend:
  • (SAT - 4 PM) SEA at WAS
  • (SAT - 8 PM) DEN at LV
  • (SUN - 3 PM) BUF at BAL
  • (SUN - 6 PM) PHI at DET
    • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

You don't have permission to chat.

[Idea + Discussion] Community Manager Role

I am looking to flesh out an idea that I think would be extremely helpful in building a better community on the site and allows us to wield our power both internally and externally in more efficient ways.

WHAT?

I propose we create the role of Community Manager for CFBHC. This would be an elected position with 1 season terms with no term limits that would be voted on by the owners of NFLHC franchises before the season begins. Big responsibilities of the Community Manager would be running the draft broadcast, coordinating with media personnel to make sure the league has proper media coverage, serving as the outside figurehead of CFBHC to promote the site externally, and coordinating events to help foster a stronger community. They are generally responsible for all things "Community" based and could serve as a direct contact to Soluna to help push out community initiatives.

WHY?

I think we have a lot of power if properly organized. My idea is for this role to initially organize us better internally at first (creating annual events, traditions, etc) but there is real potential to run with this idea and depending on how much the community wants to get involved, we could do some really cool things. Having a central "liason" of the community to bring ideas will help get the ball rolling on community-based events and help everyone feel more invested in site matters. They will also be in charge of external promotion, so its a centralized person in charge of recruitment.

HOW?

Yearly elections with the electors being NFLHC franchise owners. **Edit Open to all users. Would probably be easiest to just collect nominations and most votes win. Maybe post a thread a week before elections allowing people to post their platforms/announce their candidacy. I think this will provide transparency to the members on what exactly they're voting for, and keeps the community manager from being complacent as they must present a new platform every year.

WHO?
      I think it's an open position for anyone to run. I think this is a great position for someone to hold that already owns a franchise, or I could see someone making this their sole role on the site like the newly created Agent/Media roles. The community manager and media role seem to work hand-in-hand as the new media coverage around the league has brought more interesting stories, and allows people to specialize more in things they like doing.

WHEN?
      Depending on how well this goes, I think an election date could be set before the next season. The new Community Manager would have time to properly plan a draft broadcast and a little extra time to get prepped before the 2025 season begins.

Let me know what you guys think. I think there are positives to having a dedicated Community Manager that the community elects and I think it would get people more invested in the site. Happy to adjust in anyway if it means I get your co-sponsorship.

That being said, if you support the idea then lets get the ball rolling and go ahead and drop a co-sponsor for ya boi.

2 minutes ago, Darman said:

I would expand voters to more than just team owners. 

Yeah I wasn't too beholden to the electors. I think everyone should have a say and if you wanna participate you can, if you don't care then you don't have to.

Edited to reflect that change.