What Can Brown Do For You?

With 270 yards 3 TDs, QB Brian Brown led the #7 seed Broncos to a 24-17 victory over Tennessee, Denver's first playoff win since 2018.

Defensive Swarm in Seattle

The #3 seed Seahawks won a drag-em-out game over Green Bay behind the defense, letting up 225 total yards and intercepting Jason Johnson twice.
News Ticker
  • Around the NFL | Divisional Weekend:
  • (SAT - 4 PM) SEA at WAS
  • (SAT - 8 PM) DEN at LV
  • (SUN - 3 PM) BUF at BAL
  • (SUN - 6 PM) PHI at DET
    • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

You don't have permission to chat.

This happened in one of my semipro games, occasionally you’ll get an actual NFL or college ref come get side work since we played in spring/summer, which was the case which was pretty sweet. I don’t know his name off hand but I’ve seen him on a crew on TV before so that was cool. 

We’re in Kenosha, on defense down like 41-18, 2 minutes left. Ball at our like 40. Ref comes up to us DLinemen, “I know this great place down the street with tacos, if you hold them out of the end zone I’ll buy all you fat guys some tacos.” Were on like our backup backup backup free safety who has never played tackle football before but came out of some adult flag league, which the other team pinpointed and immediately just drops a TD on him. Ref comes up to me and the other DT “I should flag y’all for unsportsmanlike conduct, you could’ve just said no.” 

15 hours ago, cultur3 said:

LMAO the disrespect. This is also a classic, imagine this happening now. 

That is Ben Dreith, who is now 96 years old, and still with us.  He worked 31 years in the NFL, which is tied for the second-most all-time.  He was known for just shooting from the hip on his announcements, leading to many, um, colorful ones.  Of course, this is the most-famous one, but if you search, you can find some other really funny ones.

Ron Cherry (formerly of the ACC) gave the same "giving him the business" announcement for a UNR foul against NC State in 2007.

I have a large catalogue of announcements (that I can't share), but the most memorable one (for me) is Carl Cheffers in a 2010 Houston/Dallas game.  It is very uncomfortable, and a teaching tool I use with my crew.