The Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl XI champions!
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

You don't have permission to chat.

[2025] Single Favorite Non-First Round Draft Pick by a Team Other Than Your Own

Title should be clear enough.  I'll start:

There are so many possible answers to this.  It is extremely hard to limit it to just one.

I'm going to go with Washington landing Carlos Avery at #38.

It feels like they have lacked a real weapon at TE, and Avery would have easily have been the best tight end in most other drafts.  I feel that Cunningham being in this draft caused the talented Avery to fall, which does not make a lot of sense.  More than one team could have used a big-time tight end prospect.  And one of those teams was Washington.  I think back literal years, when they were in the Scott Howard trade sweepstakes with me, before I ultimately sent him to Seattle.  He'll come right in and be a steady target for Tanner Bowman, taking that offense to new heights.  Bowman likes to spread the ball around, and now, defenses have yet another weapon to worry about.

I'll allow myself one honorable mention:

Colts taking Raffiel Flowers in the 7th round.

39 wide receivers were drafted, and Flowers was last among them.  But if ever there was a late-round WR who could develop into a pro bowler, I feel it is Flowers.  He was a dynamic receiver, posting the second-highest yards per catch (tied for that second place, actually) among drafted wide receivers, and had 10 TDs in just 46 receptions.  Going to the Colts, with Aaron Shea, a guy who elevates underrated receiving talent to be better than they normally would be, is such a great situation for him to thrive in.  I would not be surprised one bit to see him take the Waller career arc, and be a guy we're all overbidding on in free agency in a few years.

Nick Rowland to the Bears at 51. Makes so much sense for their team and fills a huge hole left by Vaughan that I wasn't sure if they'd be able to fill since they didn't have a 1st round pick. Add to it that its ridiculous value for a guy in Rowland who arguably could have been a late first rounder.

Before I added Troy White in FA to go along with Evan Grant, my original plan was to go RB early in this draft. I was either going to take JWJ if he feel to 8 unless Akiem Pryor somehow also fell to 8. If he wasn't there my plan was to take Rowland at 40. Of course both of those players would have been there this draft if I needed the RB, and to further add to my pain they both end up on division rivals.

Ron Knight Jr to the Cardinals at 52. Absolute Ball Hawk who we thought was the best of the 80s may be the best FS of the class overall. Double sting because we had a deal set to trade up to 50 to take him but it fell though. Absolutely had a bad combine if we judge by 40 time from pro day to combine so there could be even better than he looks. We hoped people would be scared off by that but it didn't quite pan out as we'd hoped.

Niners getting Andrew Harrison in the 5th is incredible value.  He was in consideration when we picked Martin Gage, but the Pro Day grades for Gage had us put him slightly over Harrison.  I hope we don't regret that, but getting the #7 WR by PFF who had insane production in college was a great move by SF

I know everyone is down on the DEs in this class and for good reason, but the Bengals taking Landon Crowder at 44 - far and away the best DE in the group - feels silly.  Biggest reason why I traded out of 46.

Honorable mention: It's going to be miserable chasing Miles Street all over the field in Philadelphia (4-129).  I'm so glad we don't face them twice a year.

My mid-draft romance with the TE/WR Leolani Fepulea'i was pretty vocal, so I'll pick a different one.

DT Kilohana Lealofioa'ana was a player we were considering really hard when we realized DTs had continued to fall. A real boss combine that really outweighed any fears we had about lack of a pro day.

Love Luke Sikuli at 66. Think that dude could put up Mosi like numbers if the Cards can get a team around him. 

AJ Gilchrist in the 3rd was a great value pick. Colts were looking hard at him with our 3rd so nice job Bengals 

Deep value 7th rounder I liked was Bronson Willingham a 78 RB at 231! Dude would be a like 5th in other drafts. 

David Kaiser. I don’t know how many times I can talk about it. Lol

I was trying to trade up as early as #39, but without the capital, it was tough to get done. We were in talks for #80 as Kaiser went to IND. I thought he would be the first DT taken and maybe a 1st Rounder before the draft process. I think it’s a giant steal.