The Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl XI champions!

[2025] Week #2 - 1 PM

This is the nost disheartening loss I have ever had in the site lmao. Any ounce of wind in my sails is gone and I feel defeated. Our defense sucks, like seriously how is our defense this bad? Especially our secondary? Our offense fucking sucks. The whole team fucking sucks and it has sucked for LITERAL years. Seems like every move we make is wrong. 

Thanks for coming to my Ace Talk. 

5 hours ago, cultur3 said:

This is the nost disheartening loss I have ever had in the site lmao. Any ounce of wind in my sails is gone and I feel defeated. Our defense sucks, like seriously how is our defense this bad? Especially our secondary? Our offense fucking sucks. The whole team fucking sucks and it has sucked for LITERAL years. Seems like every move we make is wrong. 

Thanks for coming to my Ace Talk. 

you need to have some semblance of a running game. Even the Skaggs realized this by trading for Dess 

Finally got around to updating my stats, and it turns out this is the largest margin of victory we've ever had as a franchise, surpassing a 41-14 win at Denver in 2019 (the David Medley Game). That Denver team went 10-6 and we went 7-9, so go figure.

Nick Rowland was already the first Bear ever to make his franchise debut with a 100-yard rushing game. He now joins Quincys Turner and Honeycutt and Vaughan Abraham as the fourth Bear to have multiple 100-yard rushing games. Honeycutt is the only other Bear to do so twice in his rookie season. However, Owen Walton owes him dinner at this point; Rowland has yet to score his first rushing touchdown while Walton has scored 4 TDs on 9 carries this season. 

The two Rowland fumbles are not ideal though. Lucky to recover both of them.

Cliff Chamblin's 12 points were one short of tying the franchise record for kicker points in a game (shared by every kicker we've had except Chamblin)--and he missed an extra point.

Ezekiel Williams Jr. is the first Bear with 2.0 sacks, 1 FF, and 1 FR in a game. (David Medley had 2.5 and 1 FR against Denver in 2019, and Jeff Holleyman had 2.0 and 1 FF against Las Vegas in 2023). His fourth career forced fumble puts him 1 behind David Medley's franchise record, and his third career fumble recovery ties the franchise record of 3 shared by Trevor Reed and Andres Arriaga.

Observations from other games:

• 25 points and a win without a single offensive touchdown is one of the more impressive things we've seen in NFLHC history. KICKERS MATTER. This is the Jets' first 2-0 start since 2021, which was also their most recent playoff appearance and most recent winning season.
  • Chargers and Patriots are both in the spooky zone, where you can no longer quite look past them on the schedule. It's too bad Shane Easley's name doesn't have the same cadence as Roy Kent's, because 12 tackles? He's here, he's there.... Anyway, this is the Chargers' first 2-0 start since 2017.
  • I think it's well-documented how alarming Zach Lombardi's rookie season was, and even with a loss seeing him throw 29/45 for 348 yards and account for three touchdowns is a step forward--even if he turned it over twice. But Ryan Harris? With another weapon to use? He's out there making it look easy.
  • Not sure what to make of the Panthers beating the Rams (who went on to beat the Dolphins) but now losing to the Texans (who had lost big to the Jets). But it's pretty cool that Houston scored a defensive touchdown in the third quarter just 24 seconds after losing possession in the first place.
  • The AFC South's gonna be tough. It's normally been a division defined by its QBs (which I guess is kind of true for all divisions), but the secondaries reigned here. Neither guy looked comfortable in the pocket or making reads downfield. 
  • This was the Giants' third win by 20+ points since 2019. The other two: last week against the Bucs, and 2022 week 2 against the Cardinals. This is also the Giants' first 2-0 start since 2019, which was their last playoff appearance and last season with a winning record. Yes, it was against the Cardinals and the Bucs--but they're not gonna lose by 20+ points to everyone they play either, and dating back to last season this is now 8 wins in the Giants' last 10 games after they'd won 8 of their previous 56 games (dating back to the start of the 2021 season). These aren't the old Giants.
  • The Bucs aren't really set up to compete right now, but after getting shut out last week they looked better in the passing game and a lot better in the run game. Still a lot of work to do though. Probably a bit closer call than the Vikings would've liked, but a win's a win and a clean pocket plus stellar run blocking is the kind of thing that will make their offense sing. Also so will Bryce Thompson, because in addition to being a really good quarterback he is also a classically trained vocalist.