Titans win Super Bowl XII

Tennessee wins its first title after a victory over Chicago.
  • Shoutbox

Shoutbox

You don't have permission to chat.

How would you grade your team's 2025 draft so far?

Jumbo

For us:

Round 1 - Pick 10 - C Charlie Becker B+

Always hard to figure out offensive linemen, but he's gotten 3 additional info reports saying that he played at an 89+ overall rating so we're feeling pretty good about his development so far overall.

Round 2 - Pick 40 - CB Leonard Revis C-

Only 1 interception so far this season as a starter, although only in 3 CB sets. He's been solid but not spectacular, but I would want more out of a top 40 player honestly. Our secondary has been pretty good so I might be underrating him a little bit but I thought he would make a bit more of an immediate impact.

Round 2 - Pick 53 - OLB Calvin Ray A

Has been the impact coverage linebacker we've been looking for and more. He was our highest rated player at a 9.56 in last week's win over Buffalo. Through 13 games, he has 68 tackles, 1 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 2 INT, 5 PD, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD. I think the sky is the limit for him from here.

Round 3 - Pick 76 - DE D'Andre Kelly A-

Also flashed heavily in the last game against Buffalo, pressuring Matt Jones a team-record 9 times and doubling his career sack total to 4. Considering he's only started in 3 games since Brumm was injured, and has flashed heavily since taking a starting slot, I think he's also looking like a great pick, but may be too early to say for sure.

Round 4 - Pick 99 - WR Zak Clark-Stone B-

Has put up 34/359/3 so far, which is a bit disappointing on the YPC end but since we traded for Marvin White he isn't getting much playing time. 350 yards out of a 4th round rookie is solid all things considered, and he could make a play to be part of the rotation going forward.

Round 4 - Pick 105 - DT Kareem Lindsey B

3 sacks as a DT3 is great but he's also been our lowest rated player a few times. We knew he was a project going into the season and he's proven that to be the case, but even flashing some impact as a DT3 is more than I would have thought possible.

Round 4 - Pick 115 - WR Tyler Sterling

Round 5 - Pick 135 - OLB Austin Talbert

Round 6 - Pick 176 - SS Dominique Waller

Round 6 - Pick 184 - TE Quincy Covington C/incomplete

All playing backup and special teams roles. Hard to judge any of them so far. Sterling has 6 receptions for 53 yards with a drop total on the season.

Round 7 - Pick 218 - OT Anthony McGregor A

Went up +1 in the rookie minicamp process, and has stepped in as starter after Brendan Lowe went down for a couple of games. Our line rating took a little bit of a hit but not a huge one. Seems like he could be a great swing tackle for a while, which is some great value out of a 7th rounder.

Round 7 - Pick 237 - LS Philip Crowe A++++

Long snapping god, fuck you Will Torrence. Our kicking game has improved a bit this year, so I'll give him some credit for that.

Overall, I think this is about an A- so far. Great impact out of the first 3 picks, with some contributions from a couple of 4th rounders and a 7th rounder. If Becker, Ray, and Kelly work out the way they look to be so far this could catapult in comparison to our 2018 for the best draft in team history.

Round 1 Pick 1 - QB Matt Ballard - A-

ballard was cemented in as our pick years ago, we legitimately were having conversations about him during the end of 2022/start of 2023. He had some growing pains to start the year but he looks like a legitimate Pro Bowler, who could potentially take the Cardinals to the playoffs eventually. Next year is our 10th season as a franchise, and 5th as an Owner/GM front office, and things might finally be aligning for the team to have a season better than .500 - the most wins the cardinals have ever had in a season was 8. The next is 4. 

Round 2 Pick 34 - OG Brendan Hansen - C+

it’s hard to tell whether Hansen is good or bad, he’s a rookie on our very young OL. Hansen has for sure seen his share of difficulties as a Run Blocker in a Heavy Passing offense, and our rushing avg hasn’t been good (kinda downright bad), but he also hasn’t been terrible  individually. Time will tell what happens, but I think we need a better RB to help the OL too. 

Round 2 Pick 52 - FS Ron Knight Jr. - B-

RKJ was a very hyped player for having fallen to pick 52, but so far it seems like a fair spot for him to have been taken. He’s allowed a few touchdowns, and our team has struggled to generate turnovers - but he has one of the few. For a rookie, I wouldn’t ask much more out of him, but he’ll obviously need to grow and keep making plays. 

Round 3 Pick 66 - WR Luke Sikuli - Incomplete

we came into the season viewing Sikuli as a bit of a project, we loved the electricity his brought to Washington State but we knew he was a bit raw. Once we picked up Jarvis Heard, we knew we could bring Sikuli on slowly, and especially after he was injured early in the offseason, we slowed him wayyyy down. We brought Sonny Beckett in during the mid season to eat some depth reps, but also hopefully mentor Sikuli a bit. Time will tell if he’s worth the 66th pick, but the third round is where a lot of project receivers end up going, so even if he doesn’t work out, it’s not too much of a gamble. 

Round 3 Pick 85 - OLB Robert Devlin - C-

Devlin has potential to be a long term starter, but unfortunately we HAD to plug him in immediately based on the state of the OLB position that has always been in Arizona. Devlins been used and abused out there, especially by veteran QBs, but another full off season and hopefully some added defensive help will lead to gains for him. 

Round 6 Pick 187 - OG Luka Kuhn - Incomplete 

Kuuuuuuuhn was always going to be a depth pickup for us, he paved the way for Julius Wesley and also blocked for our very own Matt Ballard, so we were comfortable with his pedigree. He simply hasn’t seen any opportunities to play, and that’s a good thing. If he can continue to develop, he could spend a long career here. 

Round 6 Pick 189 - DT Kilohana Lealofioa’na - B+/Incomplete

Kilohana was off to a tremendous start in Arizona, recording 6 tackles and 2.0 sacks in the seasons first month before tearing his ACL Week 5. That’s more than a lot of 6th rounders ever do, but we have hopes that he’ll be able to make a full recovery and keep on producing. 

We technically also have OLB Cameron Maxwell but couldn’t make the trade in time to draft him, so he’s a Seattle draft pick who was then traded, but Maxwell hasn’t done much yet as a depth OLB.

Weve also seen decent production from UDFA RB Sione Salanoa, notching 244 yards and a TD on the ground while adding 260 and 3 TDs through the air. Salanoa is easily already one of the most productive UDFAs of modern NFLHC, and while I don’t think he’ll be a long term starting option here, his potential as a 3DRB for years to come is there.

Round 1 Pick 1 - QB Matt Ballard - A+

ballard was cemented in as our pick years ago, we legitimately were having conversations about him during the end of 2022/start of 2023. He had some growing pains to start the year but he looks like a legitimate Pro Bowler, who could potentially take the Cardinals to the playoffs eventually. Next year is our 10th season as a franchise, and 5th as an Owner/GM front office, and things might finally be aligning for the team to have a season better than .500 - the most wins the cardinals have ever had in a season was 8. The next is 4. 

Round 2 Pick 34 - OG Brendan Hansen - C+

it’s hard to tell whether Hansen is good or bad, he’s a rookie on our very young OL. Hansen has for sure seen his share of difficulties as a Run Blocker in a Heavy Passing offense, and our rushing avg hasn’t been good (kinda downright bad), but he also hasn’t been terrible  individually. Time will tell what happens, but I think we need a better RB to help the OL too. 

Round 2 Pick 52 - FS Ron Knight Jr. - B

RKJ was a very hyped player for having fallen to pick 52, but so far it seems like a fair spot for him to have been taken. He’s allowed a few touchdowns, and our team has struggled to generate turnovers - but he has one of the few. For a rookie, I wouldn’t ask much more out of him, but he’ll obviously need to grow and keep making plays. 

Round 3 Pick 66 - WR Luke Sikuli - B

we came into the season viewing Sikuli as a bit of a project, we loved the electricity his brought to Washington State but we knew he was a bit raw. Once we picked up Jarvis Heard, we knew we could bring Sikuli on slowly, and especially after he was injured early in the offseason, we slowed him wayyyy down. We brought Sonny Beckett in during the mid season to eat some depth reps, but also hopefully mentor Sikuli a bit. Time will tell if he’s worth the 66th pick, but the third round is where a lot of project receivers end up going, so even if he doesn’t work out, it’s not too much of a gamble. 

Round 3 Pick 85 - OLB Robert Devlin - B+

Devlin has potential to be a long term starter, but unfortunately we HAD to plug him in immediately based on the state of the OLB position that has always been in Arizona. Devlins been used and abused out there, especially by veteran QBs, but another full off season and hopefully some added defensive help will lead to gains for him. 

Round 6 Pick 187 - OG Luka Kuhn - Incomplete 

Kuuuuuuuhn was always going to be a depth pickup for us, he paved the way for Julius Wesley and also blocked for our very own Matt Ballard, so we were comfortable with his pedigree. He simply hasn’t seen any opportunities to play, and that’s a good thing. If he can continue to develop, he could spend a long career here. 

Round 6 Pick 189 - DT Kilohana Lealofioa’na - B+/Incomplete

Kilohana was off to a tremendous start in Arizona, recording 6 tackles and 2.0 sacks in the seasons first month before tearing his ACL Week 5. That’s more than a lot of 6th rounders ever do, but we have hopes that he’ll be able to make a full recovery and keep on producing. 

We technically also have OLB Cameron Maxwell but couldn’t make the trade in time to draft him, so he’s a Seattle draft pick who was then traded, but Maxwell hasn’t done much yet as a depth OLB.

Weve also seen decent production from UDFA RB Sione Salanoa, notching 244 yards and a TD on the ground while adding 260 and 3 TDs through the air. Salanoa is easily already one of the most productive UDFAs of modern NFLHC, and while I don’t think he’ll be a long term starting option here, his potential as a 3DRB for years to come is there.

Round 1 Pick 3 - CB Branden Valentine 

GRADE - A. Valentine is currently leading the league with 7 INTs to go along with 7 passes defended. I think the only reason I can't give the pick an A+ is because he was such a no brainer pick.

Round 1 Pick 7 - OT A'Shawn McNair 

GRADE - B+. McNair has managed at least one top player grade and a couple other shout outs for good in game performances. He has been able to turn the LT spot into a strength of the team. His biggest opportunity to grow moving forward is translating his play into improved overall OL rating and QB play. Neither of those are happening in 2025 but moving into 2026 hopefully we can let A'Shawn shine.

Round 2 Pick 36 - OLB Zachary McHale 

GRADE - A-. McHale has put in a great rookie season almost keeping pace with Leonard England the 2nd overall pick. He has 8.5 sacks, an INT, and 2 FF so far in 2025. These last few games are by far our toughest stretch so hopefully he can keep up his impact in the back third.

Round 2 Pick 57 - SS Kingsley Jackson 

GRADE B-. Kingsley hasn't started at all this season but still gets a B- because of his ability to make plays in a rotational role. He has a top player grade to start the season and has had 8 total statsheets playing only Bandit LB and Backup SS. He hasn't been doing it with splash plays but instead being a consistent tackler, but he has managed some passes defended and forced a couple fumbles.

Round 3 Pick 67 - TE Leolani Fepulea'i 

GRADE - C. Fepulea'i has had a pretty bad first season in Houston only amassing 216 yards in 9 games as a backup TE before going down with a season ending injury. While obviously we have significant offensive woes unrelated to a backup TE, Leolani's 9 YPC isn't the real promise I would have hoped he would show.

Round 4 Pick 101 - OLB Patrick Malone 

GRADE - A+. Despite the Texans' rookie class having shown star power all over the field no pick has been a better one than Malone. Like McHale, Malone also has 8.5 sacks in 2025 but also has 8 TFLs so far. Even more surprising has been Malone's ability to be so productive as the Sam OLB for us. Both he and McHale seemed like natural Jack OLBs but as Malone earned the starting spot across from McHale in training camp we decided to have him play "out of position" on the strong side and he never looked back.

Round 4 Pick 126 - DE Vondrae Ledbetter

GRADE C+. Ledbetter got his first start this past week and recorded his first stats of the season with two tackles and a sack. In preseason it was clear that he was a much more natural fit in a 43 than our 34 but we felt he was the most likely DE that could make the transition long term. He clearly will have a long way to go but if he can even end up as a rotational DE or a stop gap for a year or two he will be invaluable.

Round 5 Pick 141 - FS Manuel Womack 

GRADE C-. Womack hasn't had any playing time so far in 2025 besides maybe some spot duty behind Reynaldo Harris. He showed some promise in pre season but we won't really be able to evaluate Womack unless he wins the FS job next off-season.

Round 6 Pick 203 DT Xavier Bolden 

GRADE C. Like the three prior picks Bolden was a depth pick that was taken with potential holes in mind. He has been able to manage one sack as a rotational NT. Despite Andrew Pearson playing well since being acquired he is aging and not currently signed for 2026. With a good off-season Bolden could be competing for the starting role in 2026 but right now there really isn't any reason to consider this pick anything other than neutrally.

Round 7 Pick 212 ILB Adrian Garner 

GRADE C+. Garner went +1 in preseason and showed a lot of promise but he is also sitting behind one of the few players who has been a bright spot of the Texans defense before 2025. I expect he will be a great backup WLB for us through the life of his rookie contract and may have a shot to start if Daniel Pennington ends up leaving in FA.

1 4 Los Angeles Chargers Samuel Barfield  WR Oklahoma State Big 12  
      1 24 Los Angeles Chargers D.J. Chavis  CB Alabama SEC from Tennessee
      2 35 Los Angeles Chargers DaeSean Sample  SS Clemson ACC  
      2 46 Los Angeles Chargers Landon Scott  WR Florida SEC from Atlanta via Seattle
      3 68 Los Angeles Chargers Morris Jackson  DT Miami (OH) MAC  
      3 94 Los Angeles Chargers Nate Garrett  ILB USC Pac-12 from Washington via NY Giants
      5 134 Los Angeles Chargers Cyrus Swartz  OT Duke ACC  
      6 177 Los Angeles Chargers Will Torrence  LS LSU SEC from Jacksonville

Barfield: B-

He missed a little time with an injury.  He's not a major focal point of our offensive attack.  But the talent is there.  He's getting his feet wet, learning from Greg Cobb and we expect that he'll be one of the leading receivers in the league in the near future.  Right now though, it would be easy to picture several other rookies on our roster in his spot making more of an impact this season.

Imagine McNair or Becker paving the way for Carlson.  Or Barrett patrolling the secondary.  Still, this and all of these picks is about what we are building, not how they could have helped me this season.

Chavis: A

He stepped right into a starting role and the pass defense has really been good this year.  We have held some really potent passing attacks to their lowest outputs of the season, and it would be hard to think that Chavis has not been a big part of that.

Could have been: (and nearly was) Kirksey

Sample: C+

Sample was drafted as the future starter at strong safety.  He made his first statsheet this week, listed as our dimeback for the first time.  Aside from special teams, this was really his first game action.  Happy to see him get his name in the paper.  We expect that he'll continue to grow into a routine contributor.

Could have been: DEs Crowder or Williamson

Scott: B-

Much like Barfield, he's an untapped source of offense.  He ran back a kickoff for a TD several weeks ago, but as WR4, he's only getting a couple of targets per week.  The thing is, is all the running limiting the passing, or are all of the weapons, forcing teams to respect them, allowing the run to be more successful?

Could have been: Not sure, we traded to get this pick to take Scott, specifically.  He was the one guy I felt I had to get and was not considering anyone else

Jackson: B

He's rotating as the Nose of our 3-4, but as the backup, he's not getting stats.  But again, the defense has been better this year, and maybe part of that is Jackson.  He showed great potential, and we are excited to have him in the rotation.

Could have been: Burden?

Garrett: A+

Hard to give a guy that has not played an A+, but everything we saw in the preseason tells us his selection in the late 3rd round is a home run.  He looks ready to step right into the middle of our defense.  In the meantime, what a player to have on the special teams units.

Could have been:  Garrett, and only Garrett.  I wanted him so badly.

Swartz: F

Even harder to grade a guy as a failure when he's been out all year with an injury.  But when you draft someone to be the backup swing tackle, and hope he can maybe develop into a starter, and can't fill that role for you at all, regardless of it is due to injury or not, it is a failure.  If he rebounds from the injury, I'm sure he can be that swing tackle down the line.

Could have been: C Dubois maybe?

Torrence: A

Most talented long snapper of all time.  We needed one.  And both kicking units have been pretty solid this year.  He is also saving us a roster spot by being the backup center.

Could have been:  Nope, no need to take anyone else - they would not have made our roster.  But we knew we needed a long snapper.

Round 1 Pick 18: QB Byron Suggs 6-1 215 R Central Michigan [Scrambling] [+1] 81 - A

I might be overrating him a bit, but I can't speak highly enough about Byron Suggs.  He took over an offense that was bottom 3 in points per game and had struggled to find consistency in the passing game and has been a stable force with incredible upside.  And more impressively, he's doing it with his arm - 19 passing TDs on the season (1 TD away from tying the Falcons all time single season mark with 4 games to go.)   We're keeping the rushing attack strong in the yards department even when the load is as split as much as ever.  His individual stats leave some to be desired with his accuracy being the biggest room for improvement, but he has a spark that is just undeniable.  He has made this season so much fun to watch and I am so glad that we pulled the trigger on him, even with the rough edges that need to be ironed out.

Round 1 Pick 26: WR Deon Kirksey 6-3 215 R Arizona State [Target] [+1] 81 - A+

Pairing Suggs with the guy that we fell in love with predraft was such a blessing.  He's played WR2 all season and leads the team in Receiving Yards and YPC.  Suggs seems to love the guy and he has had some insane breakout games this season with multiple highest player grades already.  The offense is still very run focused, but he has made his impact heard for us very quickly.  I could easily see him being slotted into WR1 territory within a season or 2 and putting up some big numbers with Suggs.

Round 3 Pick 77: RB Marcus Branch 5-9 186 R LSU [Speed] [0] 80 - B+

We have tried to get Branch involved in the running game as a rotational RB and in our eyes, he's played well enough that he has taken over the role that Bradley Cooley had previously.  He's electric with the limited carries he's had leading all eligible RBs in YPC with a mark of 5.36 prior to this weekends game.  It took him a while to get him involved, but he has been a great addition since getting him some carries.  And while he was struggling to find the end zone for a few weeks, he has 3 straight games with a rushing TD.

Round 4 Pick 111: WR Martin Gage 6-3 154 R Oregon [Speed] [+1] 79 - INCOMPLETE

Gage had a pretty rough Rookie Camp and was already a bit underdeveloped coming into the league so he has effectively taken a redshirt year to get up to speed.  He's been inactive all season, but I look forward to getting to see him in action next year.  Probably the pick I am the most disappointed in, but it doesn't mean he couldn't be good down the line.

Round 6 Pick 181: OT Philip Engel 6-2 301 R California [Run Blocking] [0] 79 - INCOMPLETE

Engel has been mainly a backup for most of the season (Shoutout for getting his first start against the Cards tonight!) Generally positive camp grades and we look forward to his development as a rotational RT option.  Nothing to say since he hasn't really played.

Round 6 Pick 207: WR Ukeme Adamu 6-4 232 R Grand Valley State [Target] [0] 78 - C+

Ukeme hasn't gotten much playing time, but he is promising from his Camp performances.  I gave him a grade since he's gotten some yards here and there and he tipped a kick last week!  Want to see more, but he'll get his time here soon.

Round 7 Pick 211: TE Branden Wilkes 6-3 230 R Nevada [Blocking] [+1] 76  - C+

Was just placed on IR a few weeks ago, but other than that not much to say.  Nothing crazy bad, nothing crazy good.  Blocker mainly, but had been in rotational inactive play here and there.  Has promise, but worried about his injury for the future.

Round 7 Pick 222: ILB Reece Matthews 6-2 249 R Louisiana-Monroe [Mike] [0] 76 - C-

The lone defensive player taken by the Falcons, Matthews has been limited to mainly a backup role.  He got a lowest player grade against Houston, but otherwise nothing good or bad to report.  Seems like he'll be depth for his rookie contract.

Overall - B+

Lots of high impact picks, especially at the top of the draft.  Lots of promise incoming for this class.  I would say best pick is either Suggs or Kirksey.  Worst is Gage.  But I love what we did and can easily see some skyrocket improvement here before long. 

MOKiLUn.jpg

2nd Round Pick 47: Jordan Scott WR from ASU 

Grade: A+ 

Scott is our 2nd leading receiver in yards, most receiving TDs on the team and is almost at the top of all rookie WR ranks. Shea asked for a WR early in the draft and seems to have taken a liking to Scott this season. Exactly what we were hoping for out of this pick 

Round 3 Pick 78: David Kaiser DT from OU

Grade: TBD

Kaiser has played a bit in the absence of Hudson Adam. This was definitely planned as a learning year so we aren’t too surprised he hasn’t shown up much on stat sheets. We’re hoping he’s leaving from the vets in front of him and will advance his own game in the future 

Round 4 Pick 114: Devon Burton RB from UK

Grade: C+ - B+ 

Burton is currently our third RB but has shown up in the pass game and run game a few things this year. We really wanted him to learn from Calvin Jones who has been outstanding for us in the 3rd down back roll. Seeing a 4th round RB pop up a couple times is encouraging for the Colts

Round 5 Pick 144: Gregory DuBois C from New Mexico State

DuBois was a project pick for us. Our long time Center Tim Thomas retired and we’re trying to figure out the future of the position. DuBois is raw and played some preseason. We have had a few lowest player grades at Center so in coming weeks he might get regular season reps. Until then can’t really grade this pick 

Round 6 Pick 169: Zach Oliver’s OT from NC State

Grade: B

Dude is a 6th rounder and gained skill points I’ll say a solid B here for a backup 

Round 6 Pick 182: Vinnie Masterson ILB from Purdue 

Grade: D 

Vinnie has had a rough rookie season, pretty sure he dropped a point and has also made an IR trip. He’s been overshadowed by and UDFA at the same position that gained like 3 skill points. Tough year for him 

Round 6 Pick 192: Tyler Hansen WR from UTSA 

Hansen suffered a season ender in Preseason. Hopeful that he doesn’t lose too much from it 

Round 7 Pick 223: Jude Scherer OG from Maryland 

Grade: C- 

Jude lost a skill point (maybe 2?) but as a 7th round OL project he’s doing just fine filling a roster spot. 

Round 7 Pick 227: Joshua O’Conner OLB from UCF

Grade: C+

He plays special teams. That’s about all there is to say 

Round 7 Pick 247: Raffiel Flowers WR from SFA

Grade: A

Flowers is a freak athlete and due to injury and just plain being bad (*stares at Quinn Walters*) Flowers has found the field about halfway through the season and now has the 4th most REC yards by a WR on the Colts. He doesn’t seem overwhelmed at WR4 as a 75 rookie so I’m taking the win here and saying A 

2025 Denver BroBrincos draft20
    Round Pick Player Position College Notes
    1 16 Kahiau Afamasaga  ILB Ole Miss from Colts via Broncos through Rams
    3 90 Dominique Baptiste  CB Pittsburgh from Seahawks
    4 122 Felix Jennings  DT Western Kentucky  
    5 153 Damani Laws  RB Ball State from Broncos via Bills
    7 213 Noah Tumaalii  WR UCLA

@mahrowkeen - curious to hear your thoughts on this as well. We have a Veteran ball club as it is, so getting good production from our #1 is great, and Baptiste is a badass-in-training. 

Afamasaga - currently at 64 tkls, 4 TFLs, 1 sack, and 2 PDs. Has allowed us to stay competitive by moving Cameron Jonah to OLB (where he's currently got 71 tkls and 8 TFLs). The future is very bright with KA, and I think this is very solid pick.  B+

Baptiste - Has been CB2/slot corner for most of the year and has been the ONLY CB not to spend time on the injury report. Westbrook gets some good pub, but our pass D is best with a full compliment. Still, Baptiste has 32 tkls, 3 PDs and a pick...good-but-not-stellar numbers so far. I would love to see his QBR Allowed rating though. Call it a very solid B-

Jennings - Hasn't played much behind our 3-headed DT rotation, but had a positive preseason after a decent Training Camp. We knew he was an investment pick, and still feel happy about it, despite the lack of production thus far. C

Laws - He's starting to show up in fun places, as a change-of-pace back to Amral and in the passing game, to the tune of 275 yards of total offense. For a 5th round pick designated as RB2 to a 1,000 yard back, we'll take it. C+

Tumaalii - Has been inactive all season, and had a rough camp experience before that. Had ONE really solid preseason game, but not much more than that to show for it. Again, we'll see how this plays out in the future, but we're looking at a low-ceiling player here. We're just hoping his floor is high enough to get on the field. D+

1 hour ago, Ape said:

Round 7 Pick 247: Raffiel Flowers WR from SFA

Flowers is a freak athlete and due to injury and just plain being bad (*stares at Quinn Walters*) Flowers has found the field about halfway through the season and now has the 4th most REC yards by a WR on the Colts. He doesn’t seem overwhelmed at WR4 as a 75 rookie so I’m taking the win here and saying A 

Wanted Flowers realllllllllll bad predraft.  Glad to hear he's playing well!

image.png

1.14: JWJ
    A+ 
    This dude is a fucking menace to society.  I love JWJ.  He's an absolute beast, and exactly what GB needed for their offense.

3.86 Marcus Burden
    INCOMPLETE
    Dude tore his shit in the preseason.  He wasn't good there either.  No idea.  Oh well, Redshirt i guess.

4.118 Esera Mulinu'u
    INCOMPLETE
    This dude tore his shit in the preseason as well.  Fuck.

5.149 Lukas Parr
    B-
    We're 17th in punting this year.  He could be better, but he's a rookie.  Give him time.

5.151 Blake Ryan
    C+
    He's our main backup DE, but hasn't made any statsheets, but we don't really rotate him in either.  Farmer and Hobson have been a really underrated duo in the league.  

5.154 Curtis Spiller 
    C
    He's a backup DT.  He hasn't seen much time.

5.156 Samuel Mueller
    C+
    He's the main Guard, but I actually like this guy a lot.  Keep an eye on him.

6.188 Jordan Barnes
    C+
    He's had minor playing time in the bottom of the WR depth chart, but I just think he'll pick it up.  He just jockeys with Marquise Reed for targets.

7.225 Griffin Bowden
    C
    He's a 7th round depth backup OL person.  Ask me in a few years.

2 41 Amir Pryor  DT Oklahoma State  
    2 63 Isaac Decker  OT Toledo from Ravens
    3 69 Brody Grimes  FS Bowling Green  
    5 131 Mark Pereira  TE UCF from Bucs via LA Rams
    6 172 Dillon Hall  ILB UCLA  
    6 190 Lahahana Mulinu'u  WR Hawaii from Titans
    7 216 Avery Broughton  CB LSU  
    7 228 Alexander Yeager  OLB Colorado State from Saints

Would love to get @Piercewise1's opinion but here's where I stand. Overall I think we nailed our 2nd/3rd round picks, which was very important since we moved our 1st for AL. Outside of those Pryor/Decker I think Hall looks promising but the rest seem average at best but lots of time for guys like Grimes to develop.  

Amir Pryor - A (8.74 rookie camp grade)

While this was the most controversial pick in for NE in some time I think it ended up really well for us. He's been rated the lowest player twice but also the highest as well. Through 11 games 25 Tackles, 3 TFL, 7 (!!) Sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR. At the time of writing this, those 7 sacks are good for 3rd among all rookies (behind England - 8.5, Malone - 7.5), pretty nuts for a DT to be just behind 2 excellent Blitz OLBs (one of them 2nd overall). I'd like to give this an A+ given the circumstances but that's a high bar. 

Isaac Decker - B+ (7.57 rookie camp grade)

Since Decker took over for an aging O'Neil the running game improved. We have enough confidence in Decker we moved O'Neil for some draft capital. While Decker was listed the lowest rated once he did have the following "Additional Info" notes:

• OT Isaac Decker allowed only 1 pressured on QB Alex Leshoure.
    • OT Isaac Decker played well above his rating with a performance value of 87.5.
    • OT Isaac Decker played well above his rating with a performance value of 89.5.

Brody Grimes - B- (7.11 rookie camp grade)

Grimes was listed as "needs development but has potential" and hasn't seen a ton of playing time with Isaiah Nixon playing surprisingly well (4th on the team in tackles). 

Mark Pereira - C- (7.18 rookie camp grade)

Not much production from Pereira and got into fights in camp, was listed as a "Diva"

Dillon Hall - A- (7.18 rookie camp grade)

Hall's rookie camp and preseason play screemed starter potential and strong leader. He unfortunately was hurt and James Carson has been playing well but long term bright future for him. 

Lahahana Mulinu'u - (6.04 rookie camp grade)

Avery Broughton - (4.58 rookie camp grade)

Alexander Yeager - (5.48 rookie camp grade)

Hard to judge these 3 as they were late 6th/7th rounders so mostly just been depth pieces or ST guys. Will need to revisit later.

1.2: OLB Leonard England

Not really much to analyze here, he was an overwhelmingly obvious choice and we successfully made it. He's the future of the Bucs. 

1.27: OG Josh Pennington

Grade: B-

Pennington himself has filled in about as well as could be expected given the state of our offensive line in general, and he looks like a solid pick in the long term. However, just a couple picks later Aaron Hunt was taken by the Raiders, and he was a much higher graded OG, making this pick a slight missed opportunity. 

2.33: ILB Brendan Scherer

Scherer was looking very good up until he got injured. His Achilles tear might put a major damper on his development, but if he comes back as good as before he'll have been a great pick, so it really just depends on his recovery and progression from here. 

3.65: C Beckett Day

Grade: C

Day hasn't gotten much playing time nor has he earned much playing time, even on our terrible offensive line. Not ready to call him and out and out bust, but so far he hasn't shown very much promise for us to consider him a good pick.

3.70: CB Josh Russell

Russell has slotted in solidly at our weakest position this season and has earned himself playing time going forward, which is pretty good for a 3rd round pick. He hasn't been particularly impressive though, so he earns himself a B. 

4.125: QB Zeke Burkett

Grade: A-

While Burkett hasn't exactly lit up the world since he won the starting job, he did slightly rejuvenate a completely stagnant offense and has played well enough to earn early consideration for a long term starting job for the team. You really can't ask for much more in a 4th round pick than a solid backup/potential starter at QB. 

4.127: OT Mohammed Mosley

As with Josh Pennington, Mosley has filled in relatively well in desperate times for the Bucs offensive line, but he hasn't shown a particularly great deal of promise yet. He may wind up a starter at some point but as of now he's a wait and see kind of guy. 

5.133: DE Derrick Dukes

Grade: C+

Dukes has had very limited playing time for us at defensive end and in that playing time hasn't really shown much to us one way or the other.  He also had a season ending injury so his development might be hampered by that, but there's a chance he'll come back and develop nicely still.

5.166 DT Jason Siegel

Grade: C-

Siegel is bad. But he's a late 5th rounder who was able to make the roster, so it's hard to be too upset about it. 

6.178: TE Steven Moya

Grade: B-

Moya looked good in preseason but so far has failed to have any real impact on the team during the regular season, which is disappointing. Still, based on his preseason stuff there's a good chance he develops and earns himself some playing time going forward.

6.183: RB Frankie Boone

Boone's stats are bad but he's contributed in a meaningful way to our offense despite our horrific run blocking, so for a 6th round pick I'd say we're pretty happy with him. 

6.189: DE Terrence Perry

Grade: A-

Terry has slotted in as a serviceable defensive end in the past few weeks, racking up a couple sacks and really helping our pass rush as a supporting element. For a 6th round pick he's been very good and there's a decent chance he gets long term playing time as a rotational guy if nothing else. 

7.210: WR Zain Hyde

Hyde displayed some good promise in the preseason but has been only a very minor contributor to the team during the regular season. Still, being any kind of contributor at all is pretty good for a 7th rounder, and he'll have rotational playing time into next season at least.

Overall: I'd say we had a pretty rock solid draft, with maybe a couple bad picks offset by a couple good ones, but all things considered it was a good first step towards becoming a competitive team in the NFL and the depth we drafted here should help fill out our roster for the foreseeable future. 

7 hours ago, GigemAgs said:
    2 41 Amir Pryor  DT Oklahoma State  
    2 63 Isaac Decker  OT Toledo from Ravens
    3 69 Brody Grimes  FS Bowling Green  
    5 131 Mark Pereira  TE UCF from Bucs via LA Rams
    6 172 Dillon Hall  ILB UCLA  
    6 190 Lahahana Mulinu'u  WR Hawaii from Titans
    7 216 Avery Broughton  CB LSU  
    7 228 Alexander Yeager  OLB Colorado State from Saints

2.41 DT Amir Pryor - A

For all the drama around his selection, this was a guy we liked at a major position of need and he has exceeded expectations. 7 sacks for a rookie NT is unreal, and as a team we've gone from 1.5 sacks per game to 3. We're also currently top 10 in rushing yards allowed. Huge impact.

2.63 OT Isaac Decker - B+

Another immediate contributor. Instead of waiting for O'Neil to retire, Decker stepped right into the lineup and instantly improved our run game. Has had some low scores but also a lot of positive notes (as @GigemAgs mentioned), and I love the possibility that he and Randolph will bookend the Patriots' O-line for years to come.

3.69 FS Brody Grimes - C
    5.131 TE Mark Pereira - C- 

Both drafted to challenge starters who have played decently well - with Nixon we haven't had a worst player grade at safety yet this year, which is a huge improvement. Pereira gets a slightly lower grade for spreading his negative attitude to the rest of the TE group.

6.172 ILB Dillon Hall - B

Will be even higher if he reaches his potential, but just based on his rookie camp grade he seems like a steal in the 6th round. Unfortunately missed minicamp and preseason with an injury, so hasn't seen the field much. In the past he would probably be rotating in by now, but with the team in the hunt for a division title we've been sticking with our solid starter in Carson. Excited to see him develop.

6.190 WR Lahahana Mulinu'u

7.216 CB Avery Broughton

7.228 OLB Alexander Yeager

No grade yet. Mostly depth or special teams / practice squad. Mulinu'u made a splash in the preseason opener with a game-winning TD catch & run as time expired, but hasn't seen many targets in the regular season.

Overall: B   (A- with the AL trade)

Getting two immediate, quality starters without a first-round pick is a big win, and Hall could be Carson's successor after the latter's contract expires next year. The rest have been less impactful, but at worst have filled out the roster with quality depth. So just the players alone deserve a good grade, and the value we got for trading #7 overall makes it even better.

2x38 - TE Carlos Avery 6-5 231 R Texas [Receiving] [0] 82

With a shortage of draft picks we traded pick 30 for pick 38, 80, and 205 and then selected Carlos Avery.  Avery has been our starter all season at TE, a position we have struggled to get production out of prior to Avery (our best TE season since I took over was 60 receptions for 583 yards and 4 TDs by Darren Jones in 2024).  Avery has had a great season for us with 64 receptions for 789 yards and 9 TDs.  He is our leader in TD receptions and #2 in receiving yards.  He also has 3 high player grades.  Bowman is having the best passing year of his career and I think a lot of it has to do with finally having a TE that he can utilize.

2x62 - OG Thomas Knight 6-3 298 R Colorado State [Run Blocking] [0] 81

Knight was selected to compete with Bryce Wallace for the starting LG spot.  He was listed as a problem in training camp so Wallace got the first look.  Knight was listed as the high player grade once in the preseason but Wallace was listed with allowing 0 pressures the next week when he started.  Wallace has been the starter all season and Knight has been the backup with the rotate LG option turned on.  I feel pretty confident that between the 2 of them we have our LG moving forward which is what the pick was really about.  

3x80 - OLB Jacob Gaines 6-0 232 R Oregon [Coverage] [+1/C] 80

My top 3 OLBs were all contemplating retirement come draft time and I knew we needed to infuse some youth at the position.  Gaines was the best player left at a position of need so we snagged him.  He had a pretty good minicamp and training camp and was the all around OLB backup for the first 5 weeks of the season and then Derrick Martin got hurt so he began to rotate with Anthony Brown at LOLB.  He was then thrust into full time action with Thomas Barry's season ending injury in week 11.  He has appeared on the stat sheet 2 times in his 3 weeks as a full time starter with 17 total tackles.  So I don't have a lot of info about him, but I'm still pleased with the pick and hoping he progresses well.

5x158 - OLB Ahmed Nicholas 6-4 238 R Duke [Blitz] [0] 79

We still needed OLB so we took Ahmed Nicholas, thinking he could learn behind Derrick Martin.  He struggled in practice early in the season and when given the chance to play as the Jack LB following Martin's injury he was our lowest graded player.  He hasn't played since.

Grade: D

6x205 - WR Darius Watkins 5-11 183 R Rice [Speed] [+2] 77

Watkins has been our WR5 this season.  He was listed as our best value draft selection by PFF and minicamp said he had good potential.  He has 14 catches for 129 yards on the season.  I expect Patrick Burke to retire after this season and am hopeful that Watkins will get a decent progression and can enter next season as our WR4.

7x239 - DT Finn Little 6-6 336 R Boston College [1-Gap] [0] 76

Little never really showed up for us in the preseason and ended up stolen off of our practice squad.  So I guess anytime a rookie you drafted isn't on your roster in their rookie year it's not ideal.

Grade: F

3 hours ago, HAFFnHAFF said:

7x239 - DT Finn Little 6-6 336 R Boston College [1-Gap] [0] 76

Little never really showed up for us in the preseason and ended up stolen off of our practice squad.  So I guess anytime a rookie you drafted isn't on your roster in their rookie year it's not ideal.

Grade: F

2 tackles and a sack out of another team's 7th rounder :eyes: