Illini Fight Off Huskies

The #25 Illinois defense stifled Washington's star QB Jake Davis as Illinois won a more defensive game 19-17, although QB Jordan Harrison did help with over 300 yards in the air.

SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS SKAGGS

Panthers QB Christian Skaggs throws for 506 yards on 49 attempts, adding 6 TD to 0 INT, as the Panthers rout the Bucs at home 42-12.

Hokie-Pokey Defense Turns Game Around

In a game that was 0-0 at the half, Virginia Tech managed to pull the upset of #12 Ohio State through a stifling defense that held OSU to just 3 field goals.

Sustainable Bills Sneak Past Saints

The Bills scored in every quarter, putting up 35; they nearly lost anyway as the Saints scored 27 in the 4th quarter in a close 35-33 game.
SlinkyJr

[Class of 2017] CFBHC Hall of Fame Nominees

SSa4qzg.jpg

August 6th - Following a 2016 class that resulted in 0 inductees into the CFBHC Hall of Fame despite some worthy candidates. The CFBHC HOF Committee has decided on 3 new nominations for the Class of 2017. By appearing on this list, they are not guaranteed a spot in the Hall, but will be on the ballot which will be discussed and voted upon for the next week. Next Saturday, August 15th, the voting results will be released to the public and those inducted will find themselves forever enshrined in CFBHC History.

The the requirements that must be met for consideration that the committee has decided on in order to maintain that only the best will be a part of the hall are as follows:

1. A player must have been on either an All-Conference Team, All-Bowl Team, an All-American, or won an individual award to be nominated.
2. A coach must have won either a national championship, conference championship, or coach of the year award
3. A player or coach is eligible on the third season after his last year. i.e. Nu Battles finished in 2013, so he is eligible for the class of 2016.

The voting process is as follows:

Step 1: A player or coach is nominated by one of the members at or near the end of a season.
Step 2: Second member must second the nomination to proceed 
Step 3: The members all vote on the nominees. 
Step 4: If a nominee gets 3/5ths of the vote, the nominee is inducted into the CFBHC HoF

Without further delay, I would like to congratulate the nominees for the class of 2017. Just by appearing on this list, you have established yourself as one of the greats to have seen the field in CFBHC.

The first nominee of the Class of 2017:

q5q1zCp.jpg

QB Brian Brown, Boise State Broncos 2013-2014

• 1st Team All-BXII, 2013
  • 1st Team All-AAC, 2014
  • AAC Offensive Player of the year, 2014
  • 1st Team All-American, 2014
  • Heisman Trophy Winner, 2014
  • Davy O'Brien Award Winner, 2014
  • Career Stats: 452/770 for 6531 yards, 67 TDs, 6 INTs

Now 2017, it's still holds up the Brian Brown has been the best QB we've seen. After taking over as the starting QB for the Boise State Broncos in 2013, Brown has dazzled us all with his methodical brilliance and game changing arm. Interesting tidbit, Brown is the only player to have earned a 1st Team All-Conference honor in two seperate conferences following Boise State's move to the AAC from the Big 12 prior to the 2014 season. When you are evaluating any QB in college ball right now, the bar is Brian Brown. Congratulations on your nomination for the Class of 2017.

The second nominee of the class of 2017:

NvDhPtU.jpg

CB Keyshawn Thompson, Michigan State Spartans 2013-2014

• 1st Team All-B1G, 2013
  • 1st Team All-B1G, 2014
  • B1G Defensive Player of The Year, 2014
  • 1st Team All-American, 2013
  • Jim Thorpe Award Winner, 2013
  • Jim Thorpe Award Winner, 2014
  • Career Stats: 69 Tackles, 10 INTs, 3 TDs, 1 Sack, 2 PR TDs

As brilliant on the field as he is entertaining off it. Keyshawn Thompson is to this day still one of the most polarizing figures to ever take the field. Known for making bold guarantees, constantly trash talking during games, and a showmanship we haven't seen in the college game since he left, Thompson gave everything he had at all times. Throughout his two seasons in East Lansing, Thompson had never allowed a #1 WR to get 2 tds in a single game against him and led one of the best secondaries we've seen to date in 2014. Congratulations on your nomination to the Class of 2017

The third nomination for the class of 2017:

rCKOAK9.jpg

OLB Tyrone Jones, LSU Tigers 2013-2014

• 1st Team All-SEC, 2013
  • 1st Team All-SEC, 2014
  • SEC Defensive Player of the Year, 2013
  • SEC Defensive Player of the Year, 2013
  • 1st Team All-American, 2013
  • Chuck Bednarik Award Winner, 2014
  • Dick Butkus Award Winner, 2014
  • National Champion, 2013
  • Career Stats: 201 Tackles, 4 INTs, 10 Sacks, 1 Safety

The definition of a tackling machine, Tyrone Jones averaged 100 tackles a season! Of course, he only had 69 tackles in 2013, the bulk of his tackles, 132 of them, came in 2014 which is just ridiculous. In a class headlined by best we've seens, Tyrone Jones is still probably the most impressive defensive player we've had at the college level. Every linebacker since has been compared to him and has come up short. He completely dominated games with his presence and even helped the team when a National Championship in 2013. Congratulations on your nomination for the Class of 2017.

This rounds out the nominations for the Class of 2017. Again, just by having your name on the nominations list has solidified you as one of the true greats this game has seen. The committee will now deliberate and vote on which, if any of these three will enter the hall. Thank you

-The Hall of Fame Committee

SlinkyJr

Dean_Craig_Pelton

Franz Kafka

DangerZoneh

bingo415

Good Nominees.

Looks like good shit here

Ivory Hull possible future CFBHC candidate? His last two seasons (so far) are already very similar to Keyshawn's

Career (15-17) // 20 games, 83 tackles, 16 INTs, 2 TDs
2016-17 (so far) // 13 games, 62 tackles, 10 INTs, 1 TD

There's no arguing this slate.

Ivory Hull possible future CFBHC candidate? His last two seasons (so far) are already very similar to Keyshawn's

Career (15-17) // 20 games, 83 tackles, 16 INTs, 2 TDs

2016-17 (so far) // 13 games, 62 tackles, 10 INTs, 1 TD

I think that's better than keyshawn's stats tbh

If no weight is given to the QB position, who was the best player of these three

If no weight is given to the QB position, who was the best player of these three

I personally think Jones and Brown are equally as dominant at their positions

200 tackles and 6500 passing yards in two season are both insane.

Keyshawn's numbers aren't quite up to par as those two's as seen by Ivory's numbers

I personally think Jones and Brown are equally as dominant at their positions

200 tackles and 6500 passing yards in two season are both insane.

Keyshawn's numbers aren't quite up to par as those two's as seen by Ivory's numbers

Even though I have some bias, I'd like to point out that the stats don't show everything and that only 1 WR that Keyshawn would have been covering in 2014 scored a TD

Even though I have some bias, I'd like to point out that the stats don't show everything and that only 1 WR that Keyshawn would have been covering in 2014 scored a TD

Hull only let Jenkins have like 12 TDs last season though

Hull only let Jenkins have like 12 TDs last season though

We've all been victimized by Sean Jenkins at some point in our lives :(

We've all been victimized by Sean Jenkins at some point in our lives :(

I dunno about that, the Bears didn't really have much of a problem with him.

Tyrone won his team a title in college, BB won one in the pros. 

If we're talking strictly college production, and valuing all positions equally, then I'd say T-wrecks is the best player ever.

BB won one in the pros. 

Pro career isn't taken into account.

Shoulda just injured him like we did.

EDIT: To make sure this stays an on topic post, do you think we will ever see a rule adaptation for coaches since most of us plan on staying forever?

The 3 years removed thing does not apply to coaches

So does "3. A player or coach is eligible on the third season after his last year. " Apply to the third year after they won their title or?

He's just asking for a friend.

He's just asking for a friend.

Yeah me.

All great nominees and a great start to the HOF.

Tyrone won his team a title in college, BB won one in the pros. 

If we're talking strictly college production, and valuing all positions equally, then I'd say T-wrecks is the best player ever.

Brian Brown was injured in the final game of the regular season in 2014. His backup was QB Steve Bowers 6-5 189 So Salmon River (RigginsID) 1.5 of 2.5 [Pocket]. Boise State, with Steve Bowers at QB, lost the 2014 Orange Bowl (semi-final game) to Florida State by 1 point. I'm convinced that if Brown hadn't been injured that Boise State would have won the national championship in 2014. It's a what if for sure, and can't be basis for induction into the HOF. Four times in CFBHC history has a QB thrown for 600+ yds in a game, two of those belong to Brian Brown. He's also the only player to have thrown 9 TD's in a single game.

I don't think there can be any argument that Brian Brown and Tyrone Jones are the two best players to have come though CFBHC. Good choice of nominees.

So does "3. A player or coach is eligible on the third season after his last year. " Apply to the third year after they won their title or?

That's just a thing I forgot to change, we haven't actually decided how to evaluate coaches or when it's a good time to nominate an active coach but at this point it is not a priority as its too soon for anyone to really be considered

That's just a thing I forgot to change, we haven't actually decided how to evaluate coaches or when it's a good time to nominate an active coach but at this point it is not a priority as its too soon for anyone to really be considered

Just induct Ted so he'll leave

I dunno about that, the Bears didn't really have much of a problem with him.

That's because Baylor didn't play him thank God...my pass defense going against Jenkins? That's like a repeat of Stedman Bailey against IRL Baylor in 2012